Page 234 of 305 FirstFirst ... 134184224229230231232233234235236237238239244284 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
    Here's an IPKG log from when I've attempted to remove a patch:

Confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing interesting.

Prerm
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Which patch is that?

It looks to me the patch isn't applied to the Palm files anymore, but the ipkg data is stale.

You can try Repair Utility in compatibility override mode. Also if you run EPR and it doesn't solve the issue, a partial erase to get rid of the ipkg stuff could work.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Which patch is that?

It looks to me the patch isn't applied to the Palm files anymore, but the ipkg data is stale.

You can try Repair Utility in compatibility override mode. Also if you run EPR and it doesn't solve the issue, a partial erase to get rid of the ipkg stuff could work.
    I believe that's the patch to display the percentage of battery remaining alongside the battery graphic. In terms of EPR, per my post in this thread - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...25#post2122625 - EPR isn't working for me either. Please pardon my n00bness but how would I go about using either the Repair Utility in compatability override mode or doing a partial erase? Thanks for your help! After I get this sorted out, I'll know to remove patches BEFORE I upgrade WebOS from now on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm1519 View Post
    I do wish palm produced a repair utility that when ran restructured corrupted files to the curent patch structure. Having to unisntall a bunch of obviously needed or liked patches is a joke.
    Palm's not going to do that, since they're not their patches. However, that's pretty much the route PreWare is taking.
    i <messed> up the whole update for my pre. i forgot to use the EPR before the update and it <messed> up my life. i had so many problems afterward. so i did a complete erase of my phone so i lost all my media and videos (which are un-retrievable) and i also did a EPR before the full erase. everything seemed dandy afterwards. i reinstalled preware and PMS tried some patches through preware and WOSQI and they both come up with the "see IPKG log." ive been contemplating going to sprint and having them flash my pre but i dont want to bring this issue to sprint just yet.
    please any help would help. im stressin so bad!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/08/2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
    I believe that's the patch to display the percentage of battery remaining alongside the battery graphic. In terms of EPR, per my post in this thread - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...25#post2122625 - EPR isn't working for me either. Please pardon my n00bness but how would I go about using either the Repair Utility in compatability override mode or doing a partial erase? Thanks for your help! After I get this sorted out, I'll know to remove patches BEFORE I upgrade WebOS from now on!
    RepairUtility will scan all files so it may take a while:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

You can perform a partial erase on your phone by going to the device info app -> reset options -> partial erase. I think you are supposed to only erase apps and stuff with partial erase, but I'm not positive. You'll have to log back into palm profile afterwards.

And this will probably be the last update that you will have to remove patches. In the near future AUPT and Update All will be released so the next WebOS update will only require you to tap update all from preware after a webos update to update to the new version's patches

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Preware is giving me an error and refuses to load.

"OnFeeds Error

TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined

[OK]"

I'm using 0.9.12 of Preware and upgraded ipkgmanager to the latest yesterday, although I can't find it listed on my phone.

I've restarted twice to no avail. And I've already deleted and reinstalled after upgrading to 1.3.5. I will try deleting/reinstalling again in my "morning."

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 01/02/2010 at 06:00 AM.
    Good Morning all. I just updated mine and it took a very long time. Downloading, unpacking and validating the package. Finally I got the option to install now did a restart have the Palm icon with a nice small message at the bottom screen "installing update, Do not remove battery". The whole process took about one hour and a half to complete. Just get ready to sit back and relax while it does its thing. Oh yeah make user that you remove all the patches and themes before running update.
    Palm 600, Treo 755, Pre
    i uninstalled all of my patches before the i updated my phone tuesday. but wednsday morning my automatically restarted itself and it won't go pass the black screen with the word "palm" ...on my way to a sprint repair center.. but i know they won't be able to do anything with it!

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    RepairUtility will scan all files so it may take a while:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Unfortunately, the Repair Utility does not work with 1.3.5 yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Preware is giving me an error and refuses to load.

"OnFeeds Error

TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined

[OK]"
    You should make sure you're using the latest version of WOSQI, make sure the feeds are updated, and make sure to remove and reinstall both Package Manager Service and Preware.

G'luck!
    I've looked all over for this problem but... Can't find it anywhere. I've already had all the other issues but a partial erase and reinstall helped.

when I reinstalled preware, it now only has 2 or 3 feeds. There is no precental feed or some others. I've reinstalled, reinstalled ipkg, all the basics. There are no error messages... They just aren't an option. Anyone else seen this? I can't find the answer anywhere.

on another note... Some of you have amazing patience with people. It's so impressive to see a community like that help each other out for the greater good. You should know that if someone is having a problem and asks, 20 others have the same problem and are silent. I go to this site daily since September and this is my first post. Thank you to those that always help. It's inspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    I had previously rooted by Pre to use MyTether, and I also installed Preware for an occasional theme change. I tried out the virtual keyboard once before uninstalling it. I was quite disappointed when after installing 1.3.5, my phone became really slow. I uninstalled the Package Manager Service and re-installed it as mentioned by others. Things worked slowly, but still fine, except that it also kept disconnecting from the Sprint network. On the upper left, it would just say "Phone offline". I would try and stream audio for the MNF game, and it would work for a few minutes and then die.

Restarts didn't seem to help. Finally, I gave up and used WebOS Doctor to get to 1.3.1 again. Then I re-downloaded the 1.3.5 update. After the phone was fully updated, my phone has NEVER been so fast. I think some of the speed issues I was encountering on my Pre in the last few updates have all been related to whatever was wrong with my phone. I'm glad that I doctored it, and I can confirm that the update definitely works well on a newly doctored phone.
    My phone continues to have the same problem with going offline, extremely slow, and draining the battery extremely quickly as it goes through trying to re-establish connection every minute or so.

After a few days of 1.3.5 and a few more times running WebOS Doctor, I know the problem is definitely a 1.3.5 problem, at least on some devices. I've tried doctoring with 1.3.1 and then updating, and then after the 1.3.5 webos doctor came out, i used that last night. I performed a full erase before the latest doctor, so it is an absolutely clean device with just my profile applied. My suspicion at this point is that it's related to the Exchange calendar sync.

I think I may just go back to 1.3.1 until this all gets resolved. A shame because I actually like the new snappiness of 1.3.5.
    Now my apps wont load. Who really has the time for all this ****? I just want a phone I do not have to manage. Palm should post in their ads this is a phone in the works.
    Who needs a phone that requires this much of my time? Just since 08/09. How much of my time have I wasted trying to get apps and make my phone work right? Web-os/ Pre, package manager, beta. What a scam on the consumer!!! To hell with Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to run the Emergency Migration Helper.

-- Rod
    This forum is a truly valuable tool in working through the upgrade issues - and it's great that Rod and others have been so responsive, so thank you for that. Hopefully you can help me, since the steps that seem to be working for others don't seem to be working for me.

I posted the other day that my Pre had updated itself without warning so I didn't have the opportunity to remove my patches.... EPR wasn't working, but when I saw a post about EMH, I tried that and it seeemed to do the trick, I was able to uninstall/reinstall the patches, preware, PMS, etc, and all seemed well....

BUT, that was until I tried using the official app catalog. I'm having the same trouble many others have posted about (errors/restart requests when installing updates or new apps).

I've read every post in this thread, promise (wanting to be sure I didn't miss anything). I've tried all of the suggestions.

I've spent several hours trying many combinations, orders, and repetitions of running EMH and removing (and then reinstalling) patches, themes, preware, PMS, Diffstat, and GNU Patch - and many reboots.

Preware seems to be working. But the app catalog still is not. It would appear that my efforts have not moved my homebrew apps over to the new directory structure, causing the app catalog to have trouble (as one post suggested).

All of my efforts seem to have made a minor improvement: I'm no longer getting the "need to restart" error every time I try to install an app, and the app catalog no longer tells me each time I reboot that it's failing to update a dozen apps (and asks to restart).

However, when I try to update any app, or install any app (including free ones) from the app catalog, I still get an install failed error (it's just stopped asking me to reboot so frequently).

Rod (and others), do you have any suggestions for me?

Rebecca
    Maybe you'd be happy with a nice flip phone. They come in pretty colors.
    If you don't like tinkering with the phone. Use it as it came out of the box, or get a differnet phone as suggested above. You should have no problems them. Do you fix your own car then complain that the new fix you tried to do yourself didn't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by qponpower View Post
    Who needs a phone that requires this much of my time? Just since 08/09. How much of my time have I wasted trying to get apps and make my phone work right? Web-os/ Pre, package manager, beta. What a scam on the consumer!!! To hell with Palm.
    LMAO ru serious wow
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Package Manager Service 0.9.29 has been released.

See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2124045 for why.

Recommended update for anyone running webOS 1.3.1 - also fine for anyone running any other webOS version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hello,

I have an odd problem I can't figure out. I got the same error a lot of people did with the "length" bit when you launch after 1.35 update. So my fix was to remove and reinstall. It did get Preware working again but here is the issue. Preware no longer sees the apps I have installed. Only the patches I put back after the 1.35 update (so yes, i played by the rules and used epr prior to update ;*) ).

Wondering if there is a way to get Preware to see the packages again or am I on my own when it comes to updates from now on?
    Quote Originally Posted by scalderoni View Post
    Hello,

I have an odd problem I can't figure out. I got the same error a lot of people did with the "length" bit when you launch after 1.35 update. So my fix was to remove and reinstall. It did get Preware working again but here is the issue. Preware no longer sees the apps I have installed. Only the patches I put back after the 1.35 update (so yes, i played by the rules and used epr prior to update ;*) ).

Wondering if there is a way to get Preware to see the packages again or am I on my own when it comes to updates from now on?
    Use the Emergency Migration Helper utility.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals