Page 233 of 305 FirstFirst ... 133183223228229230231232233234235236237238243283 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 6094
    hi fellow pre users,
    im running into some problems.. i had to doctor my phone after the update,after all of that updated to 1.3.5 installed preware then updated the package manager and then preware and still none of the patches are working. (getting .ipk errors)

what am i doing wrong here ?
    thanks in advance and happy new year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anghelliic View Post
    hi fellow pre users,
    im running into some problems.. i had to doctor my phone after the update,after all of that updated to 1.3.5 installed preware then updated the package manager and then preware and still none of the patches are working. (getting .ipk errors)

what am i doing wrong here ?
    thanks in advance and happy new year!
    The very first post of this thread should help you.
    Use WebOS Quickinstall to remove Package Manager and PreWare.
    Reinstall PreWare.
    Run PreWare, but DO NOT update the Package Manager yet. Run the Emergency Migration application.

I'm not done doing all this yet, but it seems to be the right path for those of us who didn't research enough before updating to 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I don't know if I was just lucky or if I followed pre-update protocols correctly, or both. I would be interested to know how many other patchers did or did not have problems updating & how they prepped.
    I had patches but no theme. Also quite a few homebrew apps. I updated my package manager and WebOSQI. I ran EPR and it removed all the patches. I performed a manual Backup. I noticed that Palm hasn't been doing automatic backups for me, even though I had checked this as a preference. Then I ran the update. Initially, I was worried because it took a long time -- more than the 15 or 30 minutes that I expected, perhaps an hour or so -- and it updated then rebooted several times (3 or 4?). I was worried it was stuck in an endless loop, but I didn't pull the battery or do anything except wait. It finally stopped and everything was fine that I checked (email, texts, contacts, WiFi connections, camera). One issue I had the next day was the time being off by an hour and 15 minutes and not being able to get back on the network time and timezone. I restarted my phone and fixed this issue. I haven't yet tried to migrate my homebrew apps or re-install patches, so I can't speak to this. My Pre seems to be working fine and faster with this new update.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.3.5 and I ran the EPR before hand and did not have a theme installed, after upgrading I reinstalled Preware and the Package Manager. I could not find the Migration Helper in Preware and had to install it from Quick Install. After resetting the phone back out of developer mode I attempted to download an App from the Official App Catalog and everyone I tried failed, I removed Preware and the Package manager and still could not download from the App Catalog, I have now Doctor'd my phone and set everything up, I can download from the App Catalog, I then reinstalled Preware and checked my Installed Packages and now I have patches that I had removed through WOSQI showing back up again........anyone have an idea here? Should I Doctor the phone again and wait until Preware and most of the patches are updated to 1.3.5 to use any of them?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My gf's Pre has several patches in limbo. They aren't recognized and can't be removed either. Emergency Patch Removal will not install. [It wasn't recognized by Preware at first until I reinstalled it. Now it simply spins and won't install.] Doctored it. Used WOSQI to reload PMS (package mgr service) and Preware.

Patches still show as loaded, but they are not. They won't uninstall. Anyone know how to resolve this annoying issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You Doctored?? ... and then upgraded to 1.3.5?? ... and THEN installed Preware?!?
    Ya and still .. nothing..
    I'll do it again one more time
    beside the fact that I could have use Data while Voice I have forgotten to mention that I was ready to install Preware because it would not work after the 1.3.5 update I could not do that right away because my laptop broke down and I've said that I'll wait for few days to download /uick Installer on my desktop. In the meantime I've tried Preware but with no Luck.
    yesterday Ilve tried Preware and surprise: It Worked without reinstall it .
    Did anybody have tried to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    beside the fact that I could have use Data while Voice I have forgotten to mention that I was ready to install Preware because it would not work after the 1.3.5 update I could not do that right away because my laptop broke down and I've said that I'll wait for few days to download /uick Installer on my desktop. In the meantime I've tried Preware but with no Luck.
    yesterday Ilve tried Preware and surprise: It Worked without reinstall it .
    Did anybody have tried to do that?

Sorry, I believe others have stated it already but you can not use simultaneous data and voice on a CDMA network unless you have WiFi enabled and active. As a matter of fact the iPhone boys have been prowling these forums and giggling about it:

forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=841812

If you don't want to believe it do a google search for it.
    Since upgrading to webos 1.3.5 I have had huge problems with my patches. I completely removed all themes and patches before the upgrade. After the upgrade I unsuccessfully attempted to install several patches. With each install attempt the download icon would spin, for minutes on end. I let one spin for 30 min and then minimized the card and flicked it off the screen. I tried about 4 patches, they all would not load. After each attempt I minimized the card and flicked it off the screen (the download icon was spinning while I did this). I then went back to check these patches and they were labeled with the word "installed", however none of their effects were visible. I then removed and reloaded preware. I could now successfully download patches. The problem now was with the patches I had previously attempted to download. None of those patches were working, yet the only option on their individual screens was to remove. When I tapped on remove I received an error message stating that the patch had never been installed! I then used webosdr to wipe everything out and set the phone back to factory settings, then I reloaded preware. After this I checked my patches and every single one was still there! The sick patches were there as well. Basically nothing had changed with the patches. I am very frustrated, especially because my phone was running beautifully before the upgrade. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
    All those patches that remained after the wipe out are not recognized by the phone, yet they cannot be removed. So now I have more sick patches.
    You can try manually reseting your phone to factory settings .. It might work !!
    Or you might even try uninstalling all the patches using the EPR (Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Yes → Luna Restart) .. That should uninstall ALL your patches
    Or WebOs Quick Install --> Device management --> Uninstall the patch.
    This is bizarre. I continue to get the IPKG error on *every* patch install. (Apps through Preware install fine). However, the patches actually DO install after a Luna reset, only Preware cannot see them (they are not in Preware's list of installed packages, but the patches are definitely on my device). What the heck is going on?

I have upgraded 1.3.5, upgraded package manager, installed preware, followed all instructions as far as I can tell.
    I think this person got it right...
    Quote Originally Posted by SHolder View Post
    rangav - did you get back up and running with Preware? I had same problem - here's my fix... deleted Preware - updated QI to latest version - re-installed PreWare and BAM!
    Life is good again!
    ... most of the issues are probly from people not using the latest version of WOSQI??
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandjen1999 View Post
    This is bizarre. I continue to get the IPKG error on *every* patch install. (Apps through Preware install fine). However, the patches actually DO install after a Luna reset, only Preware cannot see them (they are not in Preware's list of installed packages, but the patches are definitely on my device). What the heck is going on?

I have upgraded 1.3.5, upgraded package manager, installed preware, followed all instructions as far as I can tell.
    THIS, i have the same issues but no one seems to have any answers. I uninstalled preware and package maanger, then reinstalled everything...now anytime i do anything in preware I get the IPKG error.
    When you get an error that says "See IPKG Log", you should post what is IN the IPKG Log. Otherwise there's no way to tell what the error is.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Here's the process:
    - Removed theme
    - Removed patches
    - Removed Preware
    - Ran Update

At that point, the phone no longer 'rang' on incoming calls, nor did mp3 play through the headphones (bluetooth). There are still some system sounds that do play through the speaker, so the speaker itself is fine, as well as the volume is all the way up, and yes, the switch is ON for the speaker. The phone also DOES NOT vibrate.

To remedy this, I tried and did the following:
    - re-installed package manager
    - re-installed preware
    - re-installed patches

Still no ring or vibrate...any ideas? Would really rather not completely erase the phone...

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    When you get an error that says "See IPKG Log", you should post what is IN the IPKG Log. Otherwise there's no way to tell what the error is.
    Here's an IPKG log from when I've attempted to remove a patch:

Confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing interesting.

Prerm
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during pre-remove script execution
    I am having the hugest problem with my preware and the patches.... Last night my pre installed the new webos 1.3.5 update to my phone on its on. After i discovered this i went onto the site and downloaded everything this forum suggested. Emergency patch tool the other emergency thing.... uninstalled and reinstalled preware.... now everything with preware is working perfectly themes downloading apps all that.... BUT!!!!!! all the original patches that i downloaded that are extremley important to me are still showing up as installed packages through preware... but they are not there!! when i try to reset and remove all patches with the epr or uninstalling preware it just says that there are not patches installed!!! what do i do..???? When i click on the patches through preware they all say that they need to be updated. When i click update it says i need to remove and reinstall the patch. When i try and remove any of the patches, it says error check the ipkg log.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! kmexlight at gmail.com
    Last edited by 1toplibra; 01/01/2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: forgot email
    I was running a few patches and a theme - installed through preware. Read up on the update before taking the 1.3.5 update.

First updated the package manager service. Then used EPR to remove all my patches. Downloaded the update and everything seemed fine.

The next day I decided to put my patches back on... preware wouldn't launch. I remember reading that some people had to uninstall and reinstall, so I used the method of holding the orange button and tapping the icon to delete (maybe this was my mistake?) Anyway, plugged the phone into my computer and ran the Web OS Quick Install. It read my phone's basic stats, but didn't list any applications. When I went to the list of available apps to install. Preware was not on the list.

Also tried updating a few of my apps through the app catalog. Those failed. Tried to download a new app through the app catalog, that failed to. I get reboot notices quite often and my battery is draining like crazy.

Decided to try the Web OS Doctor tonight... ran it, at about 55% it stopped and said it was unable to repair the phone. My phone just stayed with a screen that looked like a processor chip. Took the battery out. When I started it back up, it seemed to be completely reset. Had to go through and select my language and everything. All my data and applications are gone.

It didn't recognize any of my email addresses when it asked for a profile so I had to create a new one. Am I just screwed, and will have to start over or can I recover a backup?