Page 232 of 305 FirstFirst ... 132182222227228229230231232233234235236237242282 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 6094
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I made absolutely sure to update Preware and the package manager
    before I updated to 1.3.5, but Preware still gave the above error
    when I tried to start it after the 1.3.5 update.

I don't have WOSQI handy so I used the Preware bootstrap installation
    instructions referenced earlier in this thread (or on the wiki page) run from the Terminal app.
    I reinstalled the exact same versions I had before, and now it works.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I made absolutely sure to update Preware and the package manager
    before I updated to 1.3.5, but Preware still gave the above error
    when I tried to start it after the 1.3.5 update.
    Perhaps you did not update the feeds first?
    i accidentally didnt remove my patches and themes before installing webOS 1.3.5. after installing it i removed everything, but now when i try to reinstall patches and themes there is an error that keeps coming up. it says error installing. any ideas on how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rangav View Post
    Hello, I am getting the following error after opening the preware on the phone.

OnFeeds Error
    TypeError:Cannot read property 'length' of undefined.

Any help is appreciated.
    Had the same problem after the update. A Luna restart did the trick. Although it's curious that that is what fixed the issue given that the phone restarted with the update.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just installed Preware manually with the .jar file. Still getting Preware error.
    Come on smart people put down the champagne and help us with this!

Oh Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I'll be replacing mvapp with 'xorg tools' (xt command) sometime later, which will allow managing email links among other new things like setting up scheduled reboots, system level configuration and stuff like that.
    Scheduled reboots! That's what I've been wanting.

I asked the guy that wrote the 'reset' app to try and add that to his app.

But this would be great!

Its a shame we need it, but we do!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I removed and reinstalled both the packet manager and Preware works great now.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Perhaps you did not update the feeds first?
    If that had happened the versions of Preware or package manager would
    not have been the same when I later re-installed via the bootstrap.
    They were the same, so can only assume I had the the most up
    to date feeds the first time.

ian
    I'm now stuck with preware completely, please help if you can !

I ran it this morning, and installed a package manager service update it suggested.

Pre ware then wouldn't start, saying the package manager service wasn't there or wasn't running (it was).

I restarted the pre a few times, no difference.

I then de-installed both package manager and preware.

Now I can't re-install. I am using WebOS quickinstall 2.96. When I try package manager or preware the error is;

Archive truncated.

I got used to preware and would like it back !

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertvick07 View Post
    i accidentally didnt remove my patches and themes before installing webOS 1.3.5. after installing it i removed everything, but now when i try to reinstall patches and themes there is an error that keeps coming up. it says error installing. any ideas on how to fix this?
    Same here guys... I'm back up and running now though. Originally none of my apps, patches or themes were showing up to delete from Preware or WEBOSQI. So I spent hours reading through here. I did the obvious. Reinstalled preware, and webosqi... and still nothing. I got a little frustrated, but I continued to read some more. No luck. I ran the Emergency Mig. Helper... and nothing. So I was like screw it.. and just ran the EMH again. Wow, after the restart, I launched preware and all of my undeleted patches where now listed. So in WEBOSQI, I went to device manager and checked everything that was a patch... Deleted.. Went to my theme... Reset to default.. Phone reset... I saw the algae looking flowers and freaked out cause i thought I had lost everything. The first thing I did was to check my contacts and SMS... Sweet, everything is still there. Final test was trying to download some Palm Apps.. I'm in download heaven all over again..

So in Short, for those of you like me, where not able or didn't remove patches before install

1. Re-install PMS & Preware from WEBosQI
    2. Check your device manager from the tools menu in WEBosQI: If your applications & patches are listed proceed to check all of your patches and delete. You should get several pop ups depending on what patches you've installed. Ok through them all. Skip to step 4...
    3.If you did not see your apps listed, you will need to run the Emergency Mig. Helper from the WEBosQI (where you found preware and PMS) . I ended up running this twice. After phone resets, go back to step 2
    4.After you've cleared you patches, go to Themer (under tools) Reset to default them. Phone should be rebooting as it would have when u first purchased it. If so, you should be smiling, as u are back n download heaven as well...
    5.let me know if this works for you guys, of if I jus got lucky... dueces, happy new year
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    After reading all of the problems people are having and feeling just a little bad that mine went so well (not really) and paying attention to what people have done and not done prior to the 1.3.5 update. I think I know why mine went smoothly and will share.
    1. I keep a word document on my PC with a list of all apps and patches so I know what I have
    2. Prior to the update I went in and manually removed all patches including the GNU and Difstat as well as preware and package installer
    3. rest the device
    4. did the 1.3.5 update and when it was done, I did another reset just for good measure
    5. reinstalled package installer then installed preware as instructed in the wiki
    6. ran the EMH
    7. installed all my patches one at a time
    So far all looks good. Tha only thing I have noticed is in WOSQI the patches show up with the applications in the drop down under device management. Since this is the first update I have had any patches for and it went so well, this is how I will be doing it next time. Hope this helps someone.
    With the exception of Step 6, I took (coincidentally) all of the same steps and my Pre is working flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldrapiza View Post
    I found that after I removed all patches, updated to 1.3.5, it took a second reset in order for everything to work quickly. I didn't find in any posts or directions that I needed to reboot again. But it worked!
    I have found this to be true in some patches, it throws my phone into offline. A reboot and all is well.
    I skimmed fast through the last posts and through wiki.. And I still didn't find any solutions to the preware issue...
    I tried rebooting, dr-ing, more than once and nothing works for preware.. it still gives error msgs and can't download any patches or apps

Any help to get it kicking??
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    I'd like to see a poll of all those who have added nothing, other than approved apps from the catalog. This means no homebrew or anything outside of Palm's own software.

From download to reboot after install was about 25 minutes with no drama whatsoever. I have to attribute that mostly to the fact I haven't modified my Pre in any way.

The homebrew apps look good and I like the features but when your phone is bricked or you experience bizarre behavior due to modifying it I can't really sympathize with you over this.

I'm guessing people who have modified their environments are having the most problems (yeah, i'm Captain Obvious) which really leaves one with no decent reason to complain.
    Based on what I've read thus far, it's not so much the homebrew applications that are causing problems for people as it is the tweaks, patches and themes.

I had/have both, removed them manually before the update, updated, and have had no problems getting everything back the way I had it.

P.S. This phone is meant to be with the Quick Launch Bar hidden and have a patch to add it (opposite of what it is now). So much more use of the screen (seems bigger).
    I, too, have tons of patches & a theme. Removed 'em, did the update, & put 'em back on with no problems. The only issue I have is the occasional hang up after a restart, which fixes with a battery pull; per previous posts this appears to be a hardware issue for some handsets after 1.3.5.

I don't know if I was just lucky or if I followed pre-update protocols correctly, or both. I would be interested to know how many other patchers did or did not have problems updating & how they prepped.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    Okay so, since I'm off work today, I finally decided to update to 1.3.5. Is it okay to assume I don't have any patches or preware or themes??? I don't think I ever installed any. The only thing I had was filecoaster, a few homebrew apps, and a few free apps from the app store.

Am I missing something here, or am I going to be okay?

I downloaded and left it unpacking when I went ot sleep last night... THEN started the install just before logging on to this forum this morning DOH!!

Oh, btw... ((((((((((((HAPPY NEW YEAR!)))))))))))))

Somebody please reassure me that I'll be okay, OR **SMH** Somebody tell me what are the first steps I need to take do clean up the mess I've made after the install finishes.
    So, I did absolutely no prepping or removing or anything before starting the update. It worked fine. Total time probably 30 minutes for downloading, unpacking, & installing.

UPDATE*** The install took about 15 minutes and everything is back to normal. EVERYTHING... including my background and old text messages came back just as they were. I almost thought it didn't work, but when I checked it says I have sprint 2.2 with palm 1.3.5 YIPPEEEE Everything is the same, I didn't need to restore anything, music, pics, nothing.
    Last edited by brandizy; 01/01/2010 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbatanouny View Post
    I skimmed fast through the last posts and through wiki.. And I still didn't find any solutions to the preware issue...
    I tried rebooting, dr-ing, more than once and nothing works for preware.. it still gives error msgs and can't download any patches or apps

Any help to get it kicking??
    You Doctored?? ... and then upgraded to 1.3.5?? ... and THEN installed Preware?!?
    if get this does it mean i won't have to use webOS quick install anymore?
    rangav - did you get back up and running with Preware? I had same problem - here's my fix... deleted Preware - updated QI to latest version - re-installed PreWare and BAM!
    Life is good again!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Based on what I've read thus far, it's not so much the homebrew applications that are causing problems for people as it is the tweaks, patches and themes.

I had/have both, removed them manually before the update, updated, and have had no problems getting everything back the way I had it.

P.S. This phone is meant to be with the Quick Launch Bar hidden and have a patch to add it (opposite of what it is now). So much more use of the screen (seems bigger).
    Yeah, it seems to be that way. I just took a couple of pictures of my daughter and the camera locked up the phone. Rebooting now, hanging for 5 minutes. This phone is a complete and utter failure. It could be the FS is corrupted and it won't boot. Either way I'm going to Sprint today and telling them to give me a new phone, free of charge. This is doubly infuriating because while I had issues with VZW they had excellent coverage overall. Its just their phones were crippled to a great extent. However, their phones did work. I have never had a phone crash when taking a picture.