Page 230 of 305 FirstFirst ... 130180220225226227228229230231232233234235240280 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 6094
    Mine just gets stuck at "Installing" after it's done downloading..

I wOSDoctor'd my phone last night, fresh installed 1.3.5, fresh installed Package Management, and then Preware.. and now I'm having issues with the App Catalog that I listed above.

I just now ran EMR, Luna restarted, and I went back into the app catalog and tried to install TweeFree and it gets stuck at installing..
    grr
    what the F*** is an OnFeeds error?!!!! i deleted all patches and my theme before updating to 1.3.5 and now preware says "onfeeds error cannot read property 'length' of undefined." *** does this mean and how do i fix it?!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is BS palm!
    Just delete Preware and Package manager, reinstall package first, and then Preware after, then EMR, and problem solved.

Oh, and FYI, This isn't Palm's fault. You installed the Patches which are not tested by Palm, and you're using software that's not tested by Palm. This is why there are disclaimers left and right when using this stuff.. So don't you start shaking your fist at Palm for something that isn't even remotely close to being their fault.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ok so i dr.ed my phone and reinstalled preware and the feed. Now all my patches show up from before still on my phone. I ran the emergency patch removal and it shows none there. I tried uninstalling the patches and that failed. Now what? All i did was before i dr.ed i put my phone in usb mode coppied the folders that came up and put them back on the phone after the phone updated. Now i can't install the patches i want. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1288 View Post
    what the F*** is an OnFeeds error?!!!! i deleted all patches and my theme before updating to 1.3.5 and now preware says "onfeeds error cannot read property 'length' of undefined." *** does this mean and how do i fix it?!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is BS palm!
    You might want to follow @webosinternals on Twitter, or at least first look at the existing official thread on PreCentral for the application giving you the error for a solution ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i pulled off all patches (all 5 of them) with Emergency Patch recovery. i then started the 1.3.5 upgrade and got hit with the "ROM" triangle. now i have to webdoctor the phone.

what a pita. i lost all my pictures, etc. grrrrrr. ill never upgrade my phone again without rsyncing. booo

EDIT: nevermind. webdoctor 1.3.5 does not erase /media/internal as long as it's still using the stock partition settings (you havent adjusted the partition sizes, for example). i still lost most of my text messages (as they were in my PalmDatabase.db3) which is a pita.
    Last edited by tictac; 12/30/2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hello, can someone post a link to what I need to do to remedy Preware breaking after 1.3.5 update? I cant seem to find a solution digging through this thread.

Thanks!
    Ok, dumped theme, ran EPR, loaded suggested Package Manager before doing update. Now I have taken suggestions of dumping Preware, Package Manager, running EPR AGAIN. Guess what... NO DIFFERENCE! Still shows installed patches that are not functioning & cannot remove them w/ EPR or manual. I can install themes but that is little comfort to the useful patches that I enjoyed w/ 1.3.1! Friends have Pre & I threatened them NOT TO INSTALL 1.3.5.. MAYBE my battery will last a bit longer, but WHO CARES WHEN THE OTHER THINGS ARE SCREWED!!! P.S. Games like M:Vampire, M:Racing, Dungeon Quest are wacked out as well. I'm not the only one w/ these problems. I really like the Pre, but if this nonsense keeps up I'll be changing phones! Please make the Pre a great phone again???!!!
    Just wanted to give a big kudos to all the Preware and homebrew developers. The latest WebOS update (1.3.5) has only been out a couple days, and I'm up and running with my small number of patches (5) on the new OS already.

I had to install a bunch of updates on the PC to get myself up to the latest version of WebOS Quick Install (and ensure the novacom service was running properly - both of these are my fault because I haven't used them in quite a while) but, once I did, the EMH program fixed the failed app updates messages I was getting on my Pre, I was able to reinstall each app that was previously having issues, and then reinstall my 5 chosen patches. All is working flawlessly now.

Anyway, know you guys are still hearing lots and lots about issues but just wanted to take a moment to say thanks... Excellent work, folks! Good on ya!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtatgenho View Post
    Yup, getting the same thing: when the screen is off (and not charging on a Touchstone), the screen lights up when texts are received, but does not light up for emails received. Very annoying. If it matters, my 2 email accounts are a GMail account and a Hosted Exchange account.

I have the Blink Notifications patch installed (via Preware), and that does blink for both texts and emails. If it matters, I did remove all patches and updated the Package Manager Service to 0.9.25 before doing the 1.3.5 update. I've tried rebooting periodically over the past day or so as well.

Just trying to add to the conversation and see if we can narrow down the issue or troubleshoot a bit...
    Same problem here. Anyone figure out how to get this to work again? I'm trying to read through this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
    Ok, dumped theme, ran EPR, loaded suggested Package Manager before doing update. Now I have taken suggestions of dumping Preware, Package Manager, running EPR AGAIN. Guess what... NO DIFFERENCE! Still shows installed patches that are not functioning & cannot remove them w/ EPR or manual. I can install themes but that is little comfort to the useful patches that I enjoyed w/ 1.3.1! Friends have Pre & I threatened them NOT TO INSTALL 1.3.5.. MAYBE my battery will last a bit longer, but WHO CARES WHEN THE OTHER THINGS ARE SCREWED!!! P.S. Games like M:Vampire, M:Racing, Dungeon Quest are wacked out as well. I'm not the only one w/ these problems. I really like the Pre, but if this nonsense keeps up I'll be changing phones! Please make the Pre a great phone again???!!!
    Once again, if you're going to deal with 3rd party non authorized apps and programs, you're going to run into these issues. It's a part of playing this game. People have to keep updating, to let this stuff work with the current Palm updates. This is no different than having to re-jailbreak your iPhone every time after Apple issues a new OS update/upgrade. People have to wait to upgrade until they can Jailbreak the newest releases.

If you don't like it, Stop doing this and keep a stock webOS device and you'll never have to worry about this again. If you want to continue, suck it up, and understand the hurdles you'll have to jump to play this "game". Simple.

WebOSDoctor your phone, Log back into your profile, and Go into Dev. Mode and start from scratch. Make sure to use the new WOSD 1.3.5 so you don't have to reinstall the 1.3.5 update from the phone itself.

Good luck to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by s33ker View Post
    Hello, can someone post a link to what I need to do to remedy Preware breaking after 1.3.5 update? I cant seem to find a solution digging through this thread.

Thanks!
    Install Package Manager Service 0.9.27, and run the Emergency Migration Helper (after reading it's Description in Preware).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

I installed the new Package Manager Service and Preware (just to be safe) via WebOS QI. While I'm not getting the previous error in Preware I did before, Preware hangs on "Downloading Feed Information" even after 5+ minutes over a WiFi connection.

Also, still cannot install apps via the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by s33ker View Post
    Hi Rod,

I installed the new Package Manager Service and Preware (just to be safe) via WebOS QI. While I'm not getting the previous error in Preware I did before, Preware hangs on "Downloading Feed Information" even after 5+ minutes over a WiFi connection.

Also, still cannot install apps via the App Catalog.
    go into manage feeds and disable the non-essentials, like the themes, etc. and it should fire right up after you hit the update feeds....both found in the app menu for Preware top left tap while in program...hope it helps!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

EDIT: A reboot returned it to its proper home...no fire here. No more offline messages either.

weirdness.

Uninstalled flashlight and service to get ready for Pregames update and the Pre started cycling offline and back on. Let it do it 5 times before i gave up and removed packet manager service and preware (only time i have ever seen it do that was when putting those in) so i figured the were related.

Reinstalled Package Manager with no problem and got Preware in....however Preware is not on the launcher page it should be, in fact the only way to find preware is a universal search. Launching it works fine and it updates....Only thing is I like to rock it on my Quick launch bar and well....I cant move it from a universal search page.....weird....any ideas?

Uninstalling and reinstalling duplicate the Universal Search Location....I just got 1.3.5 Dr so I'll visit if i must, but I just got all my patches and homebrew back from the visit the other day....

Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/31/2009 at 01:34 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I can't enable Enable Developer mode after installing 1.3.5. I can get to the Developer Mode slider but switching it to the On position isn't possible because the screen doesn't respond. (I did remove all patches with EPR prior to installing 1.3.5. I also installed the latest package manager service before running EPR). Before starting the update process I did copy the entire contents of the Pre to my hard drive. Could I just copy everything back to Pre from the hard drive & start the update process again?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    go into manage feeds and disable the non-essentials, like the themes, etc. and it should fire right up after you hit the update feeds....both found in the app menu for Preware top left tap while in program...hope it helps!
    Thanks spudland, that worked! I installed EMH via WebOS QI since it wasnt coming up under List of Everything in Preware (I only had the Precentral and Webos-Internals feeds turned on).

I am now able to install apps via Preware and the App Catalog. Whew! Thanks to Rod and everyone else in the WebOS community!
    I don't know if this has been asked yet:

Do we still need, MVAPP anymore?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

My Pre is tweaked out a lot so I waited a few days to see what everyone was saying about how the updating was going,

I followed the instructions to the letter, updated Preware,EPR,Restart, and all was good!

Preware came up with no issues and I'm reinstalling my 15 tweaks. I have found a few that don't work yet. One is the phone keypad vibration patch. Hope that gets fix soon.

I'm just glad that my update went without issue thanks to the great minds here at Precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked yet:

Do we still need, MVAPP anymore?

Thanks!

Rob
    No.

-- Rod