Page 23 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    You might want to change the descrption under preferences on the toggle to On or Off not Yes No.
    It was easier just to edit my post above

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I installed PM 0.8.5 last night and now the Preware has 0.8.5 as well. It seems you can update the Preware now just by hitting the update button on the pre. I didnt use the quick installer.

How come I didnt have to have Dev mode on for it or when I installed the DeV mode app button?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superasian25 View Post
    yes got the neweset preware update....doesn't show the virtual keyboard patch...if that is the case how would i be able to uninstall the virtual keyboard patch?
    Same for me... i undid all the tweaks except for virtual keyboard in preparation for 1.2. and don't we have to uninstall the package manager service to update?
    Thanks guys, i'm loving 8.5. Having a status bar and description during the loading process is a great touch, and its quite speedy.

I appreciate the great work!!!!
    last night i updated through webosquickinstall package manager 8.5 and preware 8.2 in development mode, that is what was available. this morning i launched preware and noticed that package updates at the top of the screen was in bold letters. i taped it and was able to update preware 8.5 right from there. so i have come to the conclusion that if package manager is up to date you can update preware right from preware. i would like to take time and thank all you developers for all your hard work, it is appreciated. i also would like to appalogise for the few that get frustrated and leave bad comments. again thank you and keep up the great work jim
    launch preware, at the top left tap "preware", then tap "preferences". under "show all package types" answer should be no. going back to the main page the "available patches" should be shown to launch keyboard. to turn off keyboard tap "list of everything" from main page. then scroll down to "virtual keyboard" tap and then remove then scroll up to "gnu patch" tap and then remove. in that order. this will remove keyboard. note there will be a little green ball on your open apps. hope this helps you superasian25
    Last edited by james r; 09/07/2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by james r View Post
    launch preware, at the top left tap "preware", then tap "preferences". under "show all package types" answer should be no. going back to the main page the "available patches" should be shown to launch keyboard. to turn off keyboard tap "list of everything" from main page. then scroll down to "virtual keyboard" tap and then remove then scroll up to "gnu patch" tap and then remove. in that order. this will remove keyboard. note there will be a little green ball on your open apps. hope this helps you superasian25
    ok i see that everything is being removed from the list once installed......i went there and i can see that i can uninstall. thank you...although i do not have the gnu patch installed and my VK is still working. should i be install the gnu patch? or should i leave it alone? thank you again for your help.
    This may be a dumb question but do I need to uninstall all homebrewed apps before downloag 1.2 update when it is released? Thank you to any one who can help
    Preware is soooo much more faster now its crazy
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    No, That happens sometimes in 0.8.2. Your best bet is to just close and relaunch the app if it seems like it's taking too long.

Good news is that 0.8.5 (which will be released shortly) is way faster, and loads in under 10 seconds.
    Preware 8.5 is workng great and loads very quickly now! Great status bar feature on the load. Keep up the great work with the software. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    No, That happens sometimes in 0.8.2. Your best bet is to just close and relaunch the app if it seems like it's taking too long.

Good news is that 0.8.5 (which will be released shortly) is way faster, and loads in under 10 seconds.
    I rarely had that problem with 0.8.2, but that is happening every time I launch 0.8.5 now. And yes, I made sure to update Package Management Services first.
    I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered in previous posts....will have to delete this software along with any apps when the updated version is available?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I had the circle going round saying updating then it changed to loading and stalled with the loader at pre-central. The circle kept going round and round for about a minute. I closed Preware and enabled the wiFi connection option to the phone and reopened and Preware opened and loaded all sites quickly.

My home area regularly changes in signal strength for EVDO as well as sprint service and will also occasionally change to roaming. Therefore it is a normal procedure for me if there is some kind of problem with data connections to switch to wifi to keep the stream constant and that usually allows me to do what I need.

Not saying this is anyone's problem, as I'm quite new to this, just saying what seems to work for me.
    open webos quickinstaller and uninstall that way its much better
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you cant use quickinstall right now wait till you get home
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    i just finished updating the preware and the package manager service and both running under the new version 0.8.5 i like the loading bar and i think it loads a lilb faster. good job guys keep up the good work.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    is the ability to update package manager service and preware via preware coming up soon on the to-do list? I know it's been said that it'll be included by 1.0, but i want it noooooowww...
    Is preware considered a tweak?
    do i have to remove them before 1.2 comes out?
    preware or preload, which is better?
  20.    #460  
    Upgrade to Preware 0.8.5. It doesn't have the "forever loading" problem.