Page 229 of 305 FirstFirst ... 129179219224225226227228229230231232233234239279 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 6094
    I have installed WebOS 1.3.5 and since doing so I do not seem to be able to reinstall a number of patches. Specifically, using Preware, the patches seem to install correctly (a message pops up stating the patch has been successfully installed), but when, for example, I open my contacts app to try to change the tone for a particular contact, the option to do so is not there. With several other patches I get an error message telling me the patch installation failed. Examples include the fact that I am now unable to delete certain patches using either Preware or WebOS Quick Install. In particular, I can neither update nor remove the 4 x 4 Icons v3 patch using Preware or Quick Install. When doing so with Preware the IPKG Log reads as follows:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during pre-remove script execution

HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kslmd View Post
    I have installed WebOS 1.3.5 and since doing so I do not seem to be able to reinstall a number of patches. Specifically, using Preware, the patches seem to install correctly (a message pops up stating the patch has been successfully installed), but when, for example, I open my contacts app to try to change the tone for a particular contact, the option to do so is not there. With several other patches I get an error message telling me the patch installation failed. Examples include the fact that I am now unable to delete certain patches using either Preware or WebOS Quick Install. In particular, I can neither update nor remove the 4 x 4 Icons v3 patch using Preware or Quick Install. When doing so with Preware the IPKG Log reads as follows:

Failed

HELP!!!

I have the exact same issue. Applications download and install fine though
    Quote Originally Posted by kslmd View Post

Failed

HELP!!!
    I am currently using the 4x4 v3 without a problem. I realize that's not much help to you immediately, but I've installed and removed it several times in the past day -- given my own (non-1.3.5 related) patch issues. My only other commment is that it appeared that my non-removal issue wasn't solved by QI, but after looking closer, the patch was actually gone within preware. Good luck.

If you're not afraid of going to the doctor, at least you have that option now that sprint has released the 1.3.5 Dr. (not that any of us want to go that route)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Hoping you can clarify. I understand from one of your posts that "fixing unknown packages" refers to patches or applications preware doesnt recognize. But mine says it is fixing something like 196 unknown packages. I just dont have that many apps/patches etc to equal that. Is it possible some of this is junk left over form uninstalls or form the upgrade to 1.3.5 or form something else? Is there a way to run any kind of diagnostic and check and of stuff is there that should not be to get rid of it?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I uninstalled Preware and the package manager using WOSQI and reinstalled the same way.

Preware opens but Package updates and Available Packages is darkened and not available.

Is there something else I have to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Hoping you can clarify. I understand from one of your posts that "fixing unknown packages" refers to patches or applications preware doesnt recognize. But mine says it is fixing something like 196 unknown packages. I just dont have that many apps/patches etc to equal that. Is it possible some of this is junk left over form uninstalls or form the upgrade to 1.3.5 or form something else? Is there a way to run any kind of diagnostic and check and of stuff is there that should not be to get rid of it?

Thanks.
    I think it's some of the packages in the prethemer feed. They may have some illegal characters causing errors parsing the metadata which in turn leaves Preware without a "type" for the package.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Wierd issue. I ran EPR before updating to 1.3.5 but it could not remove the capture with volume keys patch. Tried to remove it by hand, but it failed. So I updated anyway. Everything seemed to work ok but it showed an update in preware for the capture with volume keys patch, I can't remove it, update it anything. So I figured, what the heck, I'll just doctor the phone. Doctored it to 1.3.5 and just added preware and it still shows the volume keys patch needing an update. I thought doctoring it would clear all that out...

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I think it's some of the packages in the prethemer feed. They may have some illegal characters causing errors parsing the metadata which in turn leaves Preware without a "type" for the package.
    Thanks Eric. Would hat be true even if I have no themes installed? And if so, should I just ignore the "fixing" and assume all is okay and leave well enough alone?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I am getting an error when I try to install the "Replies/Forwards Black Font" patch from within Preware. All other patches I use have been able to install fine. Preware and all related services (Package Manager service, etc.) are all up to date.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming the patch may just need to be updated for 1.3.5, but I thought I would check...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm getting an interesting error if you may call it.

Removed all patches. Ran the update. Went to update the Package service manager, and preware via Q.I. 2.96. It seemed to install, and stated it did, but did not show up on my pre.

I am unable to view my phone from Q.I. it does not list the applications I have installed. When i go to tweaks it proceeds to prompt me to install those other patches. and it gives me an error. about something not being in the /media folder.

I used webOS doct. 1.5.3 to reinstall my OS, enabled Dev mode. Loaded Q.I. did the same thing. Install package manager. Then Install preware and still nothing. No app shows on the phone?

Anyone else getting this weird error?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidz1 View Post
    I used webOS doct. 1.5.3 to reinstall my OS, enabled Dev mode. Loaded Q.I. did the same thing. Install package manager. Then Install preware and still nothing. No app shows on the phone?
    The Doctor for 1.5.3 is already out?!?

They really are crankin' 'em out, aren't they?
    I have the same exact message as ravsteve above fixint 168 apps when preware loads. I had nothing loaded no patches, themes, etc. Phone works ok so think I will leave it alone unless there is a reason to dr it.
    Don't be afraid of unknown packages being fixed.

It's a problem with the prethemer feed, and will be fixed there.

Then you'll see a much smaller reasonable number closer to the number of app catalog apps you have installed.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't be afraid of unknown packages being fixed.

It's a problem with the prethemer feed, and will be fixed there.

Then you'll see a much smaller reasonable number closer to the number of app catalog apps you have installed.

-- Rod
    hey Rod!!!

i turned off the unknown fix toggle in the preferences i should keep on?

thanks for the awesome job you all doing!
    so i installed the update and couldnt download any patches so i uninstalled preware and reinstalled it with no success. doctored my phone and reinstalled preware and get an error every time trying to install patches. first it tells me i need to update 'diffstat' and 'gnu patch', when i try to install diffstat i get an error stating "error installing: see ipkg log"...log reads

an error ocurred, return value 4
    cannot find package org.webosinternals.diffstat.
    check the spelling or perhaps run "ipkg update"
    Collected errors:

Failed
    errorgenericmethodexception: failure diring "install" operation

Any ideas on what to do? Once i get mine fixed have to fix the gf's too
    im having trouble ive been playing with this pre for the last 5 hours.....i updated my phone this morning and i removed the theme but i forgot to remove the patches. my phone still works but as far as preware goes i did mostly everything i could possible do that the directions i followed said to do. i reinstalled i along with the package service thing and im still having trouble....it will not install some patches...it pops up with a error on the screen something like error: ipkg i think it is see the ipkg log or something like that and it wont let me install themes....i have a theme on my phone and i tried to take it off but it would not let me because it says its the default theme whicj it is cleary not....I JUST HAVE BIG HEADACHE from messsin with this....im starting to think i should have never installed the update.....help me sum1 please
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i turned off the unknown fix toggle in the preferences i should keep on?
    Doesn't matter - it's purely cosmetic.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    The Doctor for 1.5.3 is already out?!?

They really are crankin' 'em out, aren't they?
    Yeah it is.

https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44

Just enter in your serial #.
    I installed a homebrew theme using Preware on my phone. I then installed another theme. At this point I unistalled the first theme (idianapolis colts) but some of the theme features remained. then I uninstalled the 2nd theme. Now the WebOS quick install says I have no themes and that it is set to the webos default themes, but after a reset, it is still the 1st preware theme I installed that is active and can't be undone. Please help.

Also, there was some issue with any or all of the patches?apps?themes that i added that made it where sound (phone ringing and music) would not play. I seem to have fixed that but don;t really know how other then to uninstall EVERYTHING (which still leaved the Indianapolis theme in effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidz1 View Post
    Yeah it is.

https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44

Just enter in your serial #.
    Or just get it directly from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals