Page 228 of 305 FirstFirst ... 128178218223224225226227228229230231232233238278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 6094
    Grrrr I am soo sorry I decided to take the plunge and trust this udate. I should have left the daemon OFF and stayed with 1.3.1

I ran EPR, removed all patches, I do not use themes..

Did the update, it updated ok, I guess

But now I have NO, ZER0, ZILCH, NADA access to the internet? So Preware as everything else, that looks online wont work!

Whats up with that?

On a personal note to add to my woes, my laptop is Windows7, that has many issues with running the SDK and Novacomd,. and my desktop, well dont ask.. I am in the midddle of an unimaginable nightmare, had to do a parallel windows xp inststall, as I did something (my own damn fault) to totallay screw up my file system, and now I have to reinstall all apps, UGHH I HATE COMPUTERS sometimes

Any suggestions here as the best way I can/should proceed?

Thanks in advance for the kind help of the "smart people" here

OK, , add me to the list of the "spoke too soons" I did the battery removal thing.. and then had another issue, it sat at the non glowing boot screen for a bit..
    Did it again, saw it flash "updating", the eventually did come back, now internet AND preware are working

I swear I LOVE the PRE, but these updates, and how the cause such stress really make me nuts..

And Im already a hairs breath from a hot tub and a razor blade this week, with my main desktop work computer.....

Side totally unrelated and I KNOW innaproprate question here, but I'll try anyway.. Anyone have any ideas on how to get applications on Windows XP to be seen as installed apps (without actually reinstalling), on a parallel windows install???
    Last edited by dianehelen; 12/30/2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    Similar to Igor987, I upgraded to 1.3.5, reinstalled all patches and was good, except App Cat would not let me download. I then ran Emer Migration Helper and after it rebooted (and after crashing) all my patches still work but DO NOT show up in Preware or in WOSQI (under device management)!!!! and worse all my homebrew apps (the ones I moved with mvapp) neither show up in Preware or WOSQI and are not on the launcher pages anymore.

DT
    Same here; I have about 15 invisible working patches. Can't find the files in Internalz... NEW patches that I've never used before can be installed and seen by Preware. Anyone know how to find/get rid of these invisible patches?

Please don't say Full Erase... :-/
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I hope there's SOME value in a post that reports everything seems to be working fine. I followed some of the instructions in Rod's Dog's Breakfast post to get PMS updated and I did the migration thing just for the heck of it.

I think I see all the patches, I have all I want (except the prior note about landscape email not loading which I no longer care about). I also downloaded something from AppCat just to see if I could.

Totally off-thread but even Classic is working now without the use of no-doze.

I wish there were a good way to get some sense of proportion. Are there many people like me or are there more like the people who are having all kinds of problems?
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    After running the 1.3.5 update with Package Manager 0.9.24.3 installed, I ran Preware. The first time it failed with error that said something about an undefined length. the second time I got the Package manager not running type error. I rebooted the Pre, and Preware ran just fine, but my Preware preferences were reset to default. (color scheme basically). Preware runs fine, but in a possibly related area, all my apps linked with MVAPP are gone, and so is mvapp.

EDIT: I'm now running Package manager .0.9.25, and I ran the emergency Migration tool. Still no linked apps or MVAPP itself. Preware reports that MVAPP is installed.

Edit: Solved. Navigated to: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.mvapp
    and ran "mvapp postupd" from there.
    I'm quoting myself as I see a few others are continuing to have this problem. This is what worked for me and all is good now. the apps came back, although I had to re-enter preferences etc.
    Hi Rod,

I just donated $25 to the cause, and want to say thank you for all of the work you guys do. You are probably tired of hearing this, but YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! You help make the Pre even better than it already is!
    Hi all. To change things up a bit, I think I have a non-1.3.5 preware issue to report here.... (albeit, probably a rare issue)

I updated to 1.3.5 yesterday before lunch EST... following the guidelines as they existed yesterday afternoon. Updated PM to the 0.9.25 version, Ran EPR, then EMH, before getting the 1.3.5 update. After 1.3.5 was finished updating, I used WebOS QI to remove and reinstall PM and Preware. I then installed my 10-12 most important patches yesterday without a hitch (I had put my patch list into a txt file thanks to the mvapp command line code).

All was running just fine (even including Classic - which hadn't worked well since 1.3.1). I did not even experience 'too many cards open' yesterday, when at points, I'm sure I had at least 6-8 cards running (foreshadowing intended).....

Today, after arriving at work, I was planning to finish re-installing the rest of my patches I had 3 cards open (including Preware). While attempting to install the SMS "Character Counter" patch (and prior to getting Preware's pop-up confirmation warning), I received the dreaded "too many cards" error from WebOS. After that, Preware just hung there and did nothing for 3 minutes or so before I swiped it away.

Long story... well, long...

• Preware thinks character counter is installed -- obviously I never received any kind of confirmation or ipkg error log from the 'install' since Preware was frozen.
    • But it is not
    • Cannot remove Character Counter patch via Preware (On removal attempt -- IPKG error = Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n] Apply anyway? [n] Skipping patch. occurs 6 times in the ipkg log for various hunks)
    • I have run EPR several times. It removed all current patches except Char Counter

So, my question is: I thought 'patching' doesn't occur until after clicking OK on the confirmation pop-up screen ? Since I didn't click OK, why does Preware think the patching occurred?

Ideally (if those files were indeed incompletely patched), I think I can fix this by using WebOS QI to replace (send to Pre) the 'patched' files with the original palm versions? But is it possible that I need to delete a Preware-created file too? (the backup files?) How would I delete that (those) backup files using the command line tool (or InternalZ)?

I'm going to post in the Char Counter thread to see if the files amended by this 1.3.5 patch are the same as their 1.3.1 versions. If so, I can extract them from the 1.3.1. WebOS DR tar file. If not, I guess I'll have to wait for the 1.3.5. DR or Jason's 1.3.5 Web OS Repair Util.

Edit: my own lesson here is when I'm about to go on a patching spree in the future, I'm going to do a reboot first to clear the memory leaks causing Too Many Cards
    Last edited by greenawayj; 12/30/2009 at 09:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedihelp View Post
    Am I the only person that cannot get the SMS per contact patch?
    I uninstalled all of my patches (however i did not think to change my tone back to default, and i still have 4 pages)
    I uninstalled my theme

Now when i try to get SMS tone per contact from preware, it just isnt happening, there is an error with the ipk log. (or something close to that)

I can however get "my notification"

Please assist
    I'm having the same problem. Did you get it figured out?
    All ofa sudden, Preware only loads "Available other" and "Insalled packages." No updates, applications, etc. Checked preferences, no problem.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    All ofa sudden, Preware only loads "Available other" and "Insalled packages." No updates, applications, etc. Checked preferences, no problem.
    I had the same problem. Now Preware won't load at all. Mine now says package manager is missing. Weird. I guess when I get home I will delete preware and reinstall Package Manager and Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My only question is why did I go from 8 (before webos update) to 166?
    i downloaded the preware a couple weeks ago and really like it, however when i installed the new 1.3.5 update yesterday it deactivated the preware and won't open. All of the patches that I downloaded no longer work. How do I fix this?
    After update to 1.3.5 preware only shows 48 apps from 2 repositories... How do I get the other repositories back?
    For poeple having trouble. I just used quickinstall to remove package manager and preware, Then reinstalled with the lastest updates and everything seems to be back to normal! Yeppie!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    For poeple having trouble. I just used quickinstall to remove package manager and preware, Then reinstalled with the lastest updates and everything seems to be back to normal! Yeppie!
    that works for me too
    Apparently my Pre took it upon itself to install the 1.3.5 update while I slept without ever notifying me (before or after). This means I did not have the opportunity to remove patches/themes before installing the update. The patches APPEAR to no longer be installed (they're not working and PreWare doesn't list them under installed packages), but when I try to install them anew I get an error saying they may already be installed.

I've gotten the webOS QuickInstall and PreWare updates installed, but they're having trouble with the previously installed theme and patches. The patches are no longer active, but when I try to reinstall them, I get errors both via QuickInstall and PreWare. They can install new patches, but can neither recognize (under installed packages) that I have the old patches nor install them anew. I've tried running the EPR tool, but it errored out too. The theme is still installed, but it won't let me uninstall it or 'officially' recognize that it's installed.

SO... how do I fix this and uninstall the patches and themes and get them reinstalled properly?

Thanks!
    I'm now stuck with preware completely, please help if you can !

I ran it this morning, and installed a package manager service update it suggested.

Pre ware then wouldn't start, saying the package manager service wasn't there or wasn't running (it was).

I restarted the pre a few times, no difference.

I then de-installed both package manager and preware.

Now I can't re-install. I am using WebOS quickinstall 2.96. When I try package manager or preware the error is;

Archive truncated.

I got used to preware and would like it back !

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I had the same problem. Now Preware won't load at all. Mine now says package manager is missing. Weird. I guess when I get home I will delete preware and reinstall Package Manager and Preware.
    Reinstalled PMS; nows works fine. Thanks.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    everything is working beautifully ( including preware ), added my theme bacl thorugh preware and added all my patches back through WOSQI (the patches took a couple tries, some got errors but worked on 2nd or 3rd tries)

but I too can not download anything from the app catalog - and decided Id rather not risk updating package service manager since it could kill preware - ill just deal with no app catalog till its fixed
    What is "WOSQI"?
    Quote Originally Posted by kslmd View Post
    What is "WOSQI"?
    WebOS Quick Install (current version 2.96)

Goto the first page and read (REALLY READ) all the instructions and before long you will be a master of Homebrew!

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1946232

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Partial quote from my full post #4500 on prior page...

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    While attempting to install the SMS "Character Counter" patch (and prior to getting Preware's pop-up confirmation warning), I received the dreaded "too many cards" error from WebOS. After that, Preware just hung there and did nothing for 3 minutes or so before I swiped it away.

• Preware thinks character counter is installed -- obviously I never received any kind of confirmation or ipkg error log from the 'install' since Preware was frozen.
    • But it is not
    • Cannot remove Character Counter patch via Preware (On removal attempt -- IPKG error = Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n] Apply anyway? [n] Skipping patch. occurs 6 times in the ipkg log for various hunks)
    • I have run EPR several times. It removed all current patches except Char Counter
    Update: I was back at my PC, so I figured I'd try to use WOSQI to remove the botched patch.

(Not sure why, but WOSQI 2.96 shows all patches under the Tools-Device Management - 'applications' drop-down rather than 'patches' drop-down.)

I found Character Counter in the Applications list, checked the box, and pressed Uninstall. I received an uninstall error window with exactly the same set of uninstall IPKG errors I had been getting in Preware (post 4500).

However, once I cleared the error window, Character Counter was no longer showing in the list of installed applications (& patches). Closed down QI. Went back into Preware's list of installed packages (patches) and Character Counter was not there any more. Restarted the Pre (just in case). I just finished installing Character Counter just fine with no errors and the patch is now working.

Not sure why WebOS QI patch removal (of the "Too Many Cards-interrupted" patch install) worked when Preware wouldn't remove it, but I figured I'd report it here in case it happens to others or to make the WebOS Internals guys aware of this rather unique (and likely not easily reproducable) situation.