Page 227 of 305 FirstFirst ... 127177217222223224225226227228229230231232237277 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by luc1f3r View Post
    the default to month view patch doesnt work.
    Mine does got it from preware. You have to reboot before it will work make sure you rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMiller613 View Post
    I can get Preware to load but now I have a ton of "Unknown Packages". I have 166 now and I used to only have 8. Any ideas? Does it matter? What exactly are they?
    Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm plagued with this as well. As it's loading the package information, it says "Fixing Unknown Packages". Instead of 166 per the above poster, mine is 172.

Any thoughts?
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Made my donation. Come on guys, give webosinternals some resources to do greater things that they have done and continue to do for webOS. The potential for homebrew and webOS is exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    Mods: Can we create a separate thread for 1.3.5 issues for those who have patches/hacks etc. from those are running native WebOS? Seems that most reported issues are associated PreWare, themes etc.

Could be wrong, but don't hear much from those running au natural.
    Am I missing something here?

Isn't this already a separate thread for Preware?

Doesn't that distinguish it from "au natural" users as they have no need for Preware?
    Irish
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Got a ton of "unknown" and no "installed"
    Every time I try to instal a patch I get an IPK error. Reinstalled through WOQI and rebooted a ton of times. Have the newest versions of everything. Any help please?

Same issue on my previously patched then ERPed pre and my friends virginal pre.

EDIT: aps instal fine. Patches do not.
    I donated $25 myself, despite the multiple jabs Whitby took at me (eg 100s of times, cruft)...

Last edited by andrewhime; 12/29/2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: :)
    All my patches installed ok except landscape email, I get the IPk error. Is there a fix for this package.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    after the 1.3.5 update for the Pre My preware didnt work anymore, so i connected my Pre to the computer and tried to use WebOS quick install but it didnt let me install Package Mananger service or Preware nor the GNU patch or Diffstat. im using the latest quick install 2.96. im not able to use any patch at all. before the update i had all my patches working fine, removed the theme, ran EPR then updated but it seems like my Pre is blocking quick install. all i get is a message saying ERROR 5: Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/ect/ipkg/arch.conf
    rely"file open fail

i ran Webos Doc twice already and still not able to install patches and yes Devmode is on, if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    mine wont install apps either. oh well. forgot to remove patches too. guess ill wait for the new webos doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    I just doctored my pre to take it before I updated to 1.3.5. I got preware reinstalled no problem...HOWEVER...my patches still show up as installed when they are clearly not. When i try to remove them via preware, it pops up an IPKG error. Tried running EPR, another IPKG error telling me no patches are installed. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a preware file that keeps track of all installed patches?

SOMEONE HELP!
    I'm having the exact same issue. Can anyone offer any advice?
    run a partial reset under device info, that will clear the patches
    I just downloaded 1.3.5. It took a LONG time to download and unpack and validate and finally install. Before I updated WebOS to 1.3.5 I did update Preware to the latest version. I think this made for a much smoother transition. I did lose my high scores and saved settings on all of my games though. Fortunately I only had a handful of games and apps with saved scores/settings. Also hotsync stopped working with Classic and Palm Desktop. Not happy about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by serqet View Post
    I don't know if you're patching, but I installed the hide launcher bar patch before 1.3.5 and noticed this same behavior. I uninstalled it and the app labels (including Launcher) worked correctly.

Good Luck.
    Yep, I have that patch (along with 23 others...heh...tweaking is worse than chocolate...I can't have just one...argh), but installed 1.3.5 on a clean phone (removed theme, patches, ran epr, ran webOS Repair Utility). There was nuttin' patchy left on my phone by the time I was done.

I have actually gotten used to it now. The menu applies to whatever app is open, regardless of what name it is showing, so it's not the big deal I thought it was. Thanks for responding.

P.S. I miss my vinyl...it's all in storage 'cause I am currently without a turntable. Your avatar made me smile.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I did lose my high scores and saved settings on all of my games though. Fortunately I only had a handful of games and apps with saved scores/settings.
    Make sure you go into Preware and install the Emergency Migration Helper. Apparently the process that palm used to move apps into the USB portion was unable to recognize some of the files on Homebrew apps because they were missing part of a file name that the OTA was using to recognize what needed to be moved. I have seen a couple of posts from people who used it and suddenly had their scores show back up. I also noticed on my phone that after it finished running, the very noticeable speed improvements others had written about showed up. Good luck.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    SYM-ORANG-R fixed some stuff for me. guess there was still stuff to update and fix. Preware is now working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm plagued with this as well. As it's loading the package information, it says "Fixing Unknown Packages". Instead of 166 per the above poster, mine is 172.

Any thoughts?
    I'm having the same issue, preware runs and install patches fine, but what is up with the "fixing unknown packages."
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    I donated $25 myself, despite the multiple jabs Whitby took at me (eg 100s of times, cruft)...

I know that secretly you donated *because* of the jabs

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    I'm having the same issue, preware runs and install patches fine, but what is up with the "fixing unknown packages."
    http://forums.precentral.net/2104821-post2.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    this wont work for me - I get this message "the program installation appears to have failed" so I tried the .exe file instead of the .jar and now I have the option to restart novacom but the install never finishes - it just says installing but its been like 5 min so far and its not done yet
    Last edited by leftkidney; 12/30/2009 at 05:19 AM.
    Went and installed the newest versions of all the software, and was able to start downloading patches. Only one that didn't work was the hiding Nascar app patch. I think that's because my phone isn't rooted though?