Page 226 of 305 FirstFirst ... 126176216221222223224225226227228229230231236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    After reading, restarting, downloading, well you know where im going with this, i finally did this

'FIXED!!! TRY THIS but not the way above, this way:
    I tried installing the .25 PMS after downloading the EMH but with no success so
    Using Web OS QI:
    I uninstalled both Preware and PMS restart
    Restarted started Windows cuz i continuously lose connection after a device restart
    I installed PMS .24, and tried Luna onc again and it finally worked so i knew PMS was finally being recognized. So Luna after install of PMS .24
    Then installed Preware and it's working perfectly. hope this may help someone out there!
    '

Im seeing people writing that they are re-installing the EMH, is that necessary? I have zero problems with downloading apps. from the catalog all day.
    I want to know if i can simply uninstall 9.24 PMS and install 9.27? i'll also uninstall Preware as well, then dl PMS first of course. I've seen one person being successful doing it this way. How about a few more. Thanks, just dont want to start doing stuff if it's not quite there...
    Package Manager Service 0.9.27 and Emergency Migration Helper are the final fixes for 1.3.5 as far as I know at the moment. There are no outstanding widespread issues that I am aware of if you are using those two correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok so when i the new update came for 1.3.5 i doctored my phone before the update when i installed it and was doing preware everything went smooth until i checked preware and it says that i still have patches installed even after i doctored my phone and i have doctored my phone about 10 times alrdy! im very frustrated to the point ima throw the phone at the wall can someone please help me with my situation? i even spent all night doctoring and updating the phone idk what im doing wrong here ive doctored and installed preware before and everything was fine until 1.3.5 idk what to do anymore please someone help me here
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    it seems you have to reboot anyways to get some of the patches to install now. im hoping this is a temporary setback and maybe palm will push out another update or fix for some of the issues were having? i mean maybe they rushed this update out the door to quickly.
    Palm is not going to push out another update to "fix" patches. Do you folks not understand what HomeBrew and patches are? And it has nothing to do with how qucikly they did the update.

Sheesh.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I waited until 1.3.5 to install Preware. I've been able to download some apps, but whenever I try to install ANY patches, I get an error on install. It tells me to look in the IPKG LOG, and all it has is a generic error. Any ideas?
    Also, after doing the Emergency Migration thingy, as well as the EPR patch, I'm left with 3 patches that won't update without me removing them. When trying to remove them, you guessed it, IPKG error.

AUdio/Video Attachments (been there before 1.3.5)
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Command Line

Help please?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I'm new to webos and the plam pre. Just updated to 1.3.5 with minimal issues. I did'nt remove the theme or the 2 patches I had installed, Mac theme, and dev mode shortcut and add pages to app launcher. My questions is, what have I done?? Should I expect problems?? Only real issue I have so far is the help app dont work, no bid deal and if I look for updates it just scans forever. My theme was gone of course, and my patches where still there on the other side. Only real patch issue is the add pages patch, I still have 4 pages like before but I cant add any.

Thanks for any input you can give,
    Matt
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had the same thing. I just held down the orange button, touched the preware app and deleted it that way. Then went to wosqi and just did the same thing I did when I first put it on. Download pms install. Wait for phone to reconnect to the network. Download preware, hit up the Emergency Migration Helper in preware. Downloading that makes the phone restart. And for me when it booted back up or while rather the white bar scrolled around the spin thingy. I assume that is it starting the move of the homebrew apps. It says to wait thirty mins after doing the EMH to try and download anything else. Still waiting on that. Hope this helps you.
    I had previously rooted by Pre to use MyTether, and I also installed Preware for an occasional theme change. I tried out the virtual keyboard once before uninstalling it. I was quite disappointed when after installing 1.3.5, my phone became really slow. I uninstalled the Package Manager Service and re-installed it as mentioned by others. Things worked slowly, but still fine, except that it also kept disconnecting from the Sprint network. On the upper left, it would just say "Phone offline". I would try and stream audio for the MNF game, and it would work for a few minutes and then die.

Restarts didn't seem to help. Finally, I gave up and used WebOS Doctor to get to 1.3.1 again. Then I re-downloaded the 1.3.5 update. After the phone was fully updated, my phone has NEVER been so fast. I think some of the speed issues I was encountering on my Pre in the last few updates have all been related to whatever was wrong with my phone. I'm glad that I doctored it, and I can confirm that the update definitely works well on a newly doctored phone.
    I have deleted & reinstalled both preware & the package manager service. I also removed all my patches. I still can't download or update any of my apps =[
    does anyone have a solution to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Also, after doing the Emergency Migration thingy, as well as the EPR patch, I'm left with 3 patches that won't update without me removing them. When trying to remove them, you guessed it, IPKG error.

AUdio/Video Attachments (been there before 1.3.5)
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Command Line

Help please?
    I hada similarproblem with Capture with Volume Keys AND Command Line, but mine occured using the emergency patch removal tool. Those 'failed' to uninstall. But in trying them out I discovered that they were in fact not actually running and appeared to be 'uninstalled' ..just not recognized as such by PreWare. I used the following command:

ipkg -o /var remove <package_id>

But that was under 1.3.1. The packages are in a different folder now <looking>

here..
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

so thinking this should work...

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications remove <package_id>

but I have not tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Charliewise2009: You most likely have the old Package Management Services installed (needed for Preware, etc..). The old version is causing issues with a lot of things on WebOS 1.3.5. Not being able to install apps is one of them. Look through some of the other post in this thread on how to un-install package management services and Preware and install the update versions. Once you have updated the required files, run Preware and it will fix your problem. This has absolutely nothing to do with Palm. Palm did not make PMS/Preware or asked you to install them. When you install unofficial packages you run the risk of something not working right in the long run. Thankfully the folks who make PMS and Preware have posted updates to fix this. Don't blame Palm for this. So far 1.3.5 has been an excellent updated
    Shouldn't Preware and Package manager service not matter when tryting to download apps from the application catalog. Why would that effect the application catalog? I uninstalled the Preware and Package manager service and still get the same problem. I shouldn't have to re-install some homebrew Package manager and preware in order to get the Palm Application catalog to work?
    perfect, everything is working good, patches, app, all and i noticed a good job with the battery issues and increase of string signal, very good i`m happy with this update
    I'm having issues with webos QI, can only install by adding ipk's, can someone point me to the latest ipkservice.ipk please?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    I hada similarproblem with Capture with Volume Keys AND Command Line, but mine occured using the emergency patch removal tool. Those 'failed' to uninstall. But in trying them out I discovered that they were in fact not actually running and appeared to be 'uninstalled' ..just not recognized as such by PreWare. I used the following command:

ipkg -o /var remove <package_id>

But that was under 1.3.1. The packages are in a different folder now <looking>

here..
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

so thinking this should work...

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications remove <package_id>

but I have not tried it.
    Ok after a few updates, I have successfully updated the Audio video attachment patch and the memos patch (successful as in it is updated). The Capture with volume keys still persists and gives an error on removal. This is what I did.

Downloaded latest version of WOSQI (2.96)
    Used it to uninstall all patches, PMS, and Preware manually (there were two of Preware and PMS weirdly enough)
    It reinstalled Diffstat, GNU patch, etc.
    Reinstalled PMS and Preware. Reinstalled other patches. Restarted Luna, then device.

Opened preware, and here I am now.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    I too have the same problem. I reinstalled Preware last night and used it to re-install most of my patches. This morning after reading these posts, I reinstalled PMS and Emergency Migration Helper. Now most of my apps are gone. The original Sprint apps and a few others are there. I don't recall whether I downloaded all of them, but it seems like most of the ones that are missing were downloaded via Preware, but not all. I have used MvApp and it seems that most if not all apps that are missing were moved. Is there a connection?
    Similar to Igor987, I upgraded to 1.3.5, reinstalled all patches and was good, except App Cat would not let me download. I then ran Emer Migration Helper and after it rebooted (and after crashing) all my patches still work but DO NOT show up in Preware or in WOSQI (under device management)!!!! and worse all my homebrew apps (the ones I moved with mvapp) neither show up in Preware or WOSQI and are not on the launcher pages anymore.

->Note: I do see them in media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications using Internalz but have no idea why I cannot access them from the launcher pages.

Anyone have any ideas? It feels like I just need to reset my Pre or something so it will re-take inventory of all apps and patches and recognize them.

I have tried:
    1) restarting, resetting, re-launched Luna etc
    2) Re ran Mvapp and postupd
    3) tried moving files with Internals to a folder on Media/cryptofs but I am not sure what folder these apps are supposed to be in....(anybody know for sure?)

I am hoping NOT to DR the phone (and the 1.3.5 isnt released yet) or, is there a way to back-up the homebew apps with the internalz app so I can put them back after??? (like what exact folder are the apps supposed to be in now?)

Thanks...any input would be great!

DT
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no 9.1 version of Preware.

There is no public release of a 0.9.26 Package Manager Service (there was a testing feed release with that version, but it is unrelated to 1.3.5 work).

Preware is currently at 0.9.12

Package Manager Service is currently at 0.9.27

If you're using something other than those, then you've got the wrong versions.

-- Rod
    Sorry, I was badly imprecise. I meant Preware 0.9.12 and Package Manager Service 0.9.24. That combination did not work for me this morning.

I then reverted to PW 0.9.5 from installer with PMS 0.9.24 from WOSQI. That combination worked well.

Then PW 0.9.5 suggested a false PMS update to 0.9.1x (don't remember if it was .14 or .16). When I obeyed I got the "No PMS found" error. And discovered two versions, the new and old, of PMS were installed.

And yes, I've since updated to PW 0.9.12 + PMS 0.9.27 and these work lovely as well. Really it's all moot if everyone's up to date, but it was PW .5 with PMS .1x that glitched out the "not found" error.

Thanks again for the fine work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    Shouldn't Preware and Package manager service not matter when tryting to download apps from the application catalog. Why would that effect the application catalog? I uninstalled the Preware and Package manager service and still get the same problem. I shouldn't have to re-install some homebrew Package manager and preware in order to get the Palm Application catalog to work?
    If you still have a homebrewed app installed it will. From my understanding Palm changed a few things with the way apps are installed to get around the app limit. Supported apps are automatically migrated to the new folder/format. Home brewed apps were not. This causes problems with other apps on the system. Package management services had to be updated to migrate home brewed apps to the new folder/format, which fixes the system. Once you update PMS, run Preware and it will migrate you home brewed apps to the new folder/format. This should fix install from the app catalog.
    Your are right. I reinstalled Package manager, Preware and migration and now the application catalog works. thanks.
    I just put in my 20 bucks for the hardworking (FOR FREE) folks like Rod at WebOSInternals. I think all of you receiving help and benefits from Preware, etc. should do so too. They need a new computer server.

Here is the link to the donation: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...s:Site_support
    Last edited by roofer2; 12/29/2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: name typo - sorry Rod!
    Quote Originally Posted by luc1f3r View Post
    (didnt read all the posts in this thread)

i got a new phone from sprint before upgrading to 1.3.5 (dead pixel on the last one) so i had a 100% virgin Pre. i cant get led notification to install now. anyone else having this issue?

also the patch to convert the email icons to words didnt work.
    nor did my-avatar on the left.
    myflashlight also didnt work (installed 2 ipks, no rooting.)
    brightness unlinked doesnt run in background

and i think thats all ive got so far.
    I believe you have to wait for the patch creators to update the patches to work with 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    I believe you have to wait for the patch creators to update the patches to work with 1.3.5

i figured as much but there is a thread listing patches that DO work, i figured i would list patches that didnt work somewhere too. should i make a new thread, i kinda deemed a nonworking patch as an issue?

also, the default to month view patch doesnt work.