Page 224 of 305 FirstFirst ... 124174214219220221222223224225226227228229234274 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 6094
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    May have found the problem for issue #2 on my previous post. It appears to be preware / package manager service issue. My 2nd phone I had uninstalled both before installing update and it downloads apps fine, my other pre I didn't uninstall these before update and it is having issues. That is the only thing that I did different on both phones. Both phones had patch's etc removed first.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just ran WebDoctor to try to fix this debacle, and discovered that Webdoctor does not truely reset the phone. After all was finished, I saw that there were still some apps that I had installed. And all of the post-it notes I have created are still intact. How does one go about completely wiping this phone clean, so that it is in the state it was on June 6th.
    Am I the only person that cannot get the SMS per contact patch?
    I uninstalled all of my patches (however i did not think to change my tone back to default, and i still have 4 pages)
    I uninstalled my theme

Now when i try to get SMS tone per contact from preware, it just isnt happening, there is an error with the ipk log. (or something close to that)

I can however get "my notification"

Please assist
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I did exactly as above, but still get the "Package Manager Service is not running" message when opening Preware... Anyone have ideas on how to debug or what to try next?
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    Possible fix for the "package manager service not running" issue with Preware:

Uninstall Preware and Package Manager Service using Quick Install.
    Restart phone.
    Install Package Manager .9.24 ( http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.9.24_all.ipk ) using the file from YOUR hard drive after you download it.
    Restart phone.
    Install Preware (still using QI).
    Restart phone.

Worked for me. And I tried tons of various combos... this was the only way that worked. Now, when you get into Preware and rejoice... DO NOT update Package Manager to .9.25 or you will get kicked out of Eden again.
    this worked for me, thank you! wonder if Rod can tell us what we will be missing by not having PkgMgtSvc 9.25.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I waited until 1.3.5 to install Preware. I've been able to download some apps, but whenever I try to install ANY patches, I get an error on install. It tells me to look in the IPKG LOG, and all it has is a generic error. Any ideas?
    Make sure you are using the latest WebOS Quick install and that the WebOSDoctor is saved as the correct title. I had issues witht he Sprint download until I renamed it to WebOSDoctor.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I haven't really had any issues per say with it. I did have some issues with PreWare, and a reinstall (via terminal) fixed that (even before .1).

I am also getting failed updates on the app catalog. HOWEVER I deleted them, then went to the catalog to get them again, and I found they became paid apps. So I think at least the ones I saw failing to update, it was because I never bought them, had them when they were free, and now they are charge, of which I never entered any information for.
    I uninstalled all of my patches before 1.3.5 update. I uninstalled preware and Luna. After that I reinstalled the package manager (although I can't see it on the Pre). And reinstalled preware and Luna. I have launched preware as an app but there are no patches showing available?

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Did you reinstall the patch it shows on the list? For me it showed through PreWare as being installed, but wouldn't let me remove it. Then through WOSQI it let me install it, reboot, and then remove all through WOSQI.

As a clarification, I looked at PreWare to determine what patches it thought were installed. Then wrote that list down.

Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I opened WOS QI and I opened Device management and wrote down the offending patches (that are showing but not working an d cannot be removed)

Then I opened Tweaks -> Repository to reinstall patches as you descrobed, but ONE of the offending patches show ion the list!

I tried EPR again anyway and still got error and message that there are no patches installed. Weird. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    Possible fix for the "package manager service not running" issue with Preware:

Uninstall Preware and Package Manager Service using Quick Install.
    Restart phone.
    Install Package Manager .9.24 ( http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.9.24_all.ipk ) using the file from YOUR hard drive after you download it.
    Restart phone.
    Install Preware (still using QI).
    Restart phone.

Worked for me. And I tried tons of various combos... this was the only way that worked. Now, when you get into Preware and rejoice... DO NOT update Package Manager to .9.25 or you will get kicked out of Eden again.
    Can you get a command-line on the Pre, and tell me the output of "ls -l /var/etc/ipkg/"?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problems others are saying about the app install, as well as the browser not loading when in EVDO mode, only WIFI. I'm trying to do the upgrade of the package manager service. I'm in WOSQI, version 2.9.6 (just downloaded today). I go to the webos-internals-all feed, and click on the package manager service. I click download, then restart. The icon disappears from the menu. For some reason, my luna manager on the phone then says package manager isn't running. I've done this at least four times. I know you can't use preware without package manager. What am I doing wrong?
    Do I have to delete all the Apps I have downloaded? My WebOS Quick install has been on my pc for a while. I think it's the latest, but I'm not sure. I'll try these and see what happens. Seems odd I can download Apps, but not patches doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you get a command-line on the Pre, and tell me the output of "ls -l /var/etc/ipkg/"?

-- Rod
    using 9.24 worked for me as well

the output from that ls cmd on my Pre is:

root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# ls -l /var/etc/ipkg/
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Nov 15 18:15 arch.conf -> /etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Do I have to delete all the Apps I have downloaded? My WebOS Quick install has been on my pc for a while. I think it's the latest, but I'm not sure. I'll try these and see what happens. Seems odd I can download Apps, but not patches doesn't it?
    mine wouldnt download patches either. I uninstalled pms and ware, reinstalled, restarted and it is fine now. it had to reinstall gnu patch and diffstat
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    this worked for me, thank you! wonder if Rod can tell us what we will be missing by not having PkgMgtSvc 9.25.
    If any of you have read the front page, you would have noticed the answer to all of your problems. I keep seeing the same questions and the same answer which is not correct. If you do not run the Emergency Migration Helper in Preware, your app catalog will not work. Now look through the earlier forums and you can fix any problem you may have.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It's not working with 1.3.5 yet. It took a while to get it for 1.3.1 as well. I'm sure it will be updated soon-- and I for one can't wait, it's one of my favorite patches. Just check back with wherever you get your patches from occasionally and an updated version will undoubtedly show up in the next few days!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Sorry, not rooted... if you want to contact me on AIM or Yahoo to fiddle with this, I'm "andrewhime".
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    If any of you have read the front page, you would have noticed the answer to all of your problems. I keep seeing the same questions and the same answer which is not correct. If you do not run the Emergency Migration Helper in Preware, your app catalog will not work. Now look through the earlier forums and you can fix any problem you may have.
    You're talking about fixing App Catalog, we're talking about fixing Preware and how it gives a package manager error at launch. Two different things.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyritsa View Post
    It's not working with 1.3.5 yet. It took a while to get it for 1.3.1 as well. I'm sure it will be updated soon-- and I for one can't wait, it's one of my favorite patches. Just check back with wherever you get your patches from occasionally and an updated version will undoubtedly show up in the next few days!
    Er, sorry, that was in response to ineedihelp's post about the SMS Tone Per Contact patch not working...
    One more thing while I'm the zone, anybody out there do a bunch of patches today and now find that their Pre does the notify tone (I'm back at "ka-klunk" for the moment), but does not turn the screen on to show you the notify? Very weird, I don't think I went with any different patches from before...
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    using 9.24 worked for me as well

the output from that ls cmd on my Pre is:

root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# ls -l /var/etc/ipkg/
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Nov 15 18:15 arch.conf -> /etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Thanks. That's the problem. /media/cryptofs/apps doesn't allow symlinks, so when we try and move that to the new ipkg conf directory it fails, and therefore the package manager service startup script fails.

Package Manager Service 0.9.27 has been released now to fix this problem.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/29/2009 at 04:30 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals