Page 222 of 305 FirstFirst ... 122172212217218219220221222223224225226227232272 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 6094
    I had the same problem with app manager but here's how I got it working:

1 - Used webos quick install and removed preware and all patches. I got some errors from quick install when removing patches but it didn't seem to matter.

2 - Used webos quick install to install updated version of preware (on page 5 of the "Installing apps not working thread")
    3 - After installing preware, phone appeared to be updating for a few seconds. Manually restarted phone, got the palm updating thing for a few minutes. As soon as it booted up, got a message indicating that all the apps that failed before were now correctly installed, so seems to be working fine now.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier63 View Post
    I FINALLY got Preware to work! I followed these steps:

1. Deleted both Preware and Package Manager
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Re-install Package Manager 2.5 from WebOS QI
    4. Restart Luna
    5. Install Preware from WebOS QI
    6. Again, restart Luna

I know it seems pretty involved, but its the ONLY way I was able to get it to work.

Thanx,
    BSoldier63
    After attempting multiple rounds of installing Package Manager and Preware, I finally took step one seriously and deleted Package Manager and Preware via WebOS QI. Even with restarting between each step, I'm still getting the Package Manager Service error message. The one change I did experience is Package Manager had an icon in launcher after step 4 but it has now disappeared. Using WebOS QI, it is showing PMS 0.9.25 under Device Management and user installed content.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by yardman228 View Post
    After attempting multiple rounds of installing Package Manager and Preware, I finally took step one seriously and deleted Package Manager and Preware via WebOS QI. Even with restarting between each step, I'm still getting the Package Manager Service error message. The one change I did experience is Package Manager had an icon in launcher after step 4 but it has now disappeared. Using WebOS QI, it is showing PMS 0.9.25 under Device Management and user installed content.

Any suggestions?
    I'm in the same boat. I did the whole process of installing and rebooting through it. Still doesn't work.

I've given up for now. I assume that something is wrong with Preware right now and needs to be updated.
    Finally downloaded the update last night, after clearing away all of my patches, of course. Man, I didn't realize how tweaked I had my Pre until I saw it in its native state after the download! It took the better part of the morning to get it looking and running back the way it was before the download, but am now back to normal!
    A couple things:
    - The new clock font is not as cool as the previous one, imo.
    - WHEN are we going to get a video recorder? I realize one exists (in alpha)...if anyone thinks it's decent, please link me to the installation instructions.
    - I HOPE Palm announces openGL functionality at CES...cause really what my Pre lacks the most is a snappy interface. Whenever I show off the gesture-based UI to friends, they always say, "wow, that's awesome...not as snappy as the iPhone, though..." This issue is truly holding Palm back from being a hardcore contender, again, imo.
    - Anyone who doesn't already use Google voice paired with Gdial Pro, you HAVE to get it!! I have my Google Voice account set up to forward my transcribed voicemails in sms format to me, which by itself is awesome. If I HAVE to listen to it, I go straight to Gdial Pro for a listen. Easy as pie.

Still loving my Pre, and waiting to get my wife a Pixi when her account is ready for an upgrade. I'm more excited than she is!
    after completely overhauling my Pre, I even had to use the OS Doctor, everything works great, my patches work, my themes are fine, my apps are in tact (now that I reinstalled them) but my contacts are synching up weird. For some contacts, not all but some, there's a duplicate contact. When I try to open the duplicate or link the two together, it pops up for a mere second and goes back to my contact list. Its as if it is a ghost temp or something. I just spend nearly 3 hours working on this phone. I dont want to have to start all over. Does this have anything to do with my Palm Profile??? Please help.
    I keep getting error messages like the one below. Several of these are former Homebrew apps, so at first I thought that it might be related to that but I'm starting to suspect that Palm's "fix" for the app limit isn't as robust as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier63 View Post
    I FINALLY got Preware to work! I followed these steps:

1. Deleted both Preware and Package Manager
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Re-install Package Manager 2.5 from WebOS QI
    4. Restart Luna
    5. Install Preware from WebOS QI
    6. Again, restart Luna

I know it seems pretty involved, but its the ONLY way I was able to get it to work.

Thanx,
    BSoldier63
    I did exactly as above, but still get the "Package Manager Service is not running" message when opening Preware... Anyone have ideas on how to debug or what to try next?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I did exactly as above, but still get the "Package Manager Service is not running" message when opening Preware... Anyone have ideas on how to debug or what to try next?
    In the same boat here - I'm tempted to Dr, but if it's a Package Manager issue, then I don't want to go threough the trouble. Especially since everything else is going well.
    Installed the update and everything works fine except preware (filecoaster open perfectly). When I open preware I get an error that says "OnFeeds Error TypeError: Cannot read propety 'length' of undefined." Is anyone else getting this?
    I'm having the same issues with the app catalog. Also, I can no longer use Preware. I keep getting an error message: "OnFeeds Error". If anyone has a solution, please let me know as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Uninstall PreWare and reinstall via quick install. This fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT12582 View Post
    I'm having the same issues with the app catalog. Also, I can no longer use Preware. I keep getting an error message: "OnFeeds Error". If anyone has a solution, please let me know as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    I too have the same problem. I reinstalled Preware last night and used it to re-install most of my patches. This morning after reading these posts, I reinstalled PMS and Emergency Migration Helper. Now most of my apps are gone. The original Sprint apps and a few others are there. I don't recall whether I downloaded all of them, but it seems like most of the ones that are missing were downloaded via Preware, but not all. I have used MvApp and it seems that most if not all apps that are missing were moved. Is there a connection?

Yes there is a connection. After running EMH, mvapp links are lost. You need to go to PreWare, find mvapp, remove and reinstall mvapp.

Then in Terminal..

mvapp postupd

or

mvappd postupd

After it moves your apps, it will ask if you want to remove the links. Answer yes.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    I just doctored my pre to take it before I updated to 1.3.5. I got preware reinstalled no problem...HOWEVER...my patches still show up as installed when they are clearly not. When i try to remove them via preware, it pops up an IPKG error. Tried running EPR, another IPKG error telling me no patches are installed. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a preware file that keeps track of all installed patches?

SOMEONE HELP!
    Weird. Did mvapp backup and then mvapp retorebk.
    Ran EPR
    Deleted Preware.
    Then installed 1.3.5
    Then reinstalled Preware.
    Ran preware and saw Package Manager needed update
    Updated it and broke preware.
    Removed Preware using orange-tap
    reintalled Preware using webos quick install
    Prerware opened fine.

1) shows Package Manager needs update (again!) do I want to do this or leave it alone? Last update broke Preware (see above). advice?

2) Weird part: Under Installed Packages Preware shows:
    -Applications (these are as expected)
    -Linux Apps (Doffstat, GNU Patch which were installed by Webos QI when reinstalled Preware but mvapp? should that still be here?)
    -Patches: This is the weirdest part. Shows 21 different patches installed!
    These are some but not all of patches I had installed on old version of OS. NONE WORK NOW BUT 21 ARE LISTED!

I tried to remove each one by one using Preware. No dice! Each time I get an ERROR. Here is the IPKG Log:

Confirm
    User consented request for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Prerm
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals,patches.all-attachments/all-attachments.patch:No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments/all-attachments.patch: no such file

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Ran EPR
    Deleted Preware.
    Then installed 1.3.5
    Prerware opened fine.

1) shows Package Manager needs update (again!) do I want to do this or leave it alone? Last update broke Preware (see above). advice?

-Linux Apps (Doffstat, GNU Patch which were installed by Webos QI when reinstalled Preware but mvapp? should that still be here?)
    These are some but not all of patches I had installed on old version of OS. NONE WORK NOW BUT 21 ARE LISTED!

I tried to remove each one by one using Preware. No dice! Each time I get an ERROR. Here is the IPKG Log:

Confirm

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Prerm
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals,patches.all-attachments/all-attachments.patch:No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments/all-attachments.patch: no such file

Failed
    After reading the above.... can anyone help me clean up my Pre and fix all this???

Also do I updte Package manager or leave alone?

I am indebted to whoever can help me. I am at a total loss.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    I just doctored my pre to take it before I updated to 1.3.5. I got preware reinstalled no problem...HOWEVER...my patches still show up as installed when they are clearly not. When i try to remove them via preware, it pops up an IPKG error. Tried running EPR, another IPKG error telling me no patches are installed. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a preware file that keeps track of all installed patches?

SOMEONE HELP!
    almost the same here last nite installed like 40 patches , this morning when i open preware any patches was in the installed section, i cant even remove them , im waiting for the doctor 1.3.5 to release it
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amberhasson View Post
    i am now scared to install this update... everyone still having issues with it?
    I updated 2 phone with no issues except having to reinstall preware.

I uninstalled preware and the package service from WOSQI and then reinstalled preware and the package service. no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    I have just done basically the same thing and back in business! Lots of waiting on those restarts I tell ya.
    Ok, still nothing, not to mention Windows won't shut down for me and I lose connection with web OS Quick Install between each download. Ive tried everything everybody has suggested but i still cant get Package Manager Service working...what next, any ideas?
    Also, i just noticed while Preware is open, but not working, the led light is on, constantly

And another thing, Luna MGR doesnt work, it keeps tellin me that doent have PMS, what is going on.
    Is anyone else having a hard time connecting to there PC after each action?
    Last edited by holley2583; 12/29/2009 at 01:33 PM.
    rwhitby, thank you for your patience. I tried the IPK for .9.24 and am now back in Preware. Keep fingers crossed that things go well from here.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thought my update was going well, then ran into this same problem. Still trying to figure it out, but is quite annoying since I thought I did everything right: uninstalled theme, updated pkg mngr, updated to 1.3.5, uninstalled preware, reinstalled via quick install, installed some patches, was having horrible battery drain, went to uninstall patches and can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Ran EPR
    Deleted Preware.
    Then installed 1.3.5
    Prerware opened fine.

Confirm

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Prerm

Failed