Page 221 of 305 FirstFirst ... 121171211216217218219220221222223224225226231271 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 6094
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    Having same issue here, but only for certain apps. I tried to download Wabbit Hunt Lite (just as a teset case) and it did exactly as you said. However, other apps are downloading just fine.

On an interesting side note, the Forbes app (again, a test install) installed just fine, but I can't get it to totally uninstall. It doesn't launch now, but the icon doesn't go away.

Looks like you are right. Both apps I tried, WabbitHunt Lite and Cellflare both get stuck. I tried two other apps and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Nesta; 12/29/2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Weird, i uninstalled both Preware and Package service, rebooted and my phone went through updating the Palm Pre Update again and now the downloading/installing of apps worked just fine without having to do anything else.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I've been searching around here and am a bit lost...

Could someone post a step-by-step on how to fix Preware after updating to 1.3.5? (I'm getting the "OnFeeds Error TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of underfined" message).

I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install 2.96 but I'm not sure exactly what to do next.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    Looks like you are right. Both apps I tried, WabbitHunt Lite and Cellflare both get stuck. I tired two other apps and it worked fine.
    Weird, huh? It's still happening after a few Luna restarts, etc. If this is the only casualty left at this point, then I'm just going to cut my losses (didn't even want those apps) and move forward. I just hope this doesn't become an issue with other apps I may actually want down the line. Lord knows I'm not doctoring this thing all over again just to hunt wabbits.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I didnt remove my tweaks from my Pre and installed the update. Im getting that error when trying to download apps from the app catalog. How do I go about uninstalling 1.3.5 so I can uninstall the tweaks and then reinstall the update. That is possible right???
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ah- thanks!

question: what does partial erase delete?? does it touch the media folder?

edit: partial reset ERASES the profile, and will require a re-download of Palm profile..

ugh this 1.3.5 update has been taking up more than 8 hours or so (too many Preware/ new folders/linking issues)
    I know, it has been a major headache. But now I have a working phone, and all of the new improvements are fantastic. Fortunately I'm a teacher and don't have to go back to work until next week, so this is basically all I've had to worry about today.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to asking for help from those that provide software to you at no charge on a volunteer basis ...

Virtual Keyboard has not been ported to 1.3.5 - the author didn't get early access sorted out in time.

-- Rod
    Some folks just don't get it ....
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    Looks like you are right. Both apps I tried, WabbitHunt Lite and Cellflare both get stuck. I tired two other apps and it worked fine.
    Same problem here. I was actually thinking how stupid it would be if i was testing the app catalog with an app that wouldn't install, but then i thought, no, palm wouldn't let that happen.

Oh well, i'm happy, everything is working great for me now.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I've been searching around here and am a bit lost...

Could someone post a step-by-step on how to fix Preware after updating to 1.3.5? (I'm getting the "OnFeeds Error TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of underfined" message).

I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install 2.96 but I'm not sure exactly what to do next.
    Just hit the 3rd box on the left of WebOS QI and list all feeds, select Preware and package manager from the list, and install both of those. reboot and you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Just hit the 3rd box on the left of WebOS QI and list all feeds, select Preware and package manager from the list, and install both of those. reboot and you should be good to go.
    Cool, and also I found this thread which is helpful:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-5-update.html
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I have a problem getting Preware reinstalled.

I have WebOS Quick Install 2.96, but it won't read any of my files when I go to the Device Manager. It recognizes I have 1.3.5 installed, and doesn't give any errors on loadup. I reinstalled WebOS Quick Install beforehand because I only had 2.6 at the time. I also reinstalled Novacom thinking that was the problem. I also restarted my PC. (sorry, just wanted to make sure all bases were covered)

I get an error message that pops up around 10 times in a row as it's trying to read my applications on my Pre. Can anybody tell me why it won't read my phone? I can't get Preware up and running without it. HELP!!!
    I had same problem. I deleted all webos files, re-downloaded fresh set, INCLUDING WEBDOC files! The fresh Webosdoc file was the one that was jamming me up. Good Luck.
    Mods: Can we create a separate thread for 1.3.5 issues for those who have patches/hacks etc. from those are running native WebOS? Seems that most reported issues are associated PreWare, themes etc.

Could be wrong, but don't hear much from those running au natural.
    When I try to download an update or download a new app I get this following error:

Restart Required
    System adjustments must be made before installation can continue.

But I have restarted over and over again. I have shutdown my phone even and I am still get this same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier63 View Post
    I FINALLY got Preware to work! I followed these steps:

1. Deleted both Preware and Package Manager
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Re-install Package Manager 2.5 from WebOS QI
    4. Restart Luna
    5. Install Preware from WebOS QI
    6. Again, restart Luna

I know it seems pretty involved, but its the ONLY way I was able to get it to work.

Thanx,
    BSoldier63
    I have just done basically the same thing and back in business! Lots of waiting on those restarts I tell ya.
    I just updated after un-installing my patches. I did upgrade my package manager service before updating to 1.3.5 and I think that contributed to making this one of the cleanest upgrades I've had. I typically end up having to doctor my phone after every update, but this was a seamless transition this time. I still have all my apps, all my contacts (google synced) and my recent text conversations. I also had no issues with the app catalog and downloading the apps.

I'm of the opinion that updating my package manager service made all the difference for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 to remove then install the Package Manager Service, and let me know if that fixes it.

-- Rod
    Yeah that worked!
    I installed the Avatar theme (which looks really cool on the Pre) but I can't see it in Preware in order to uninstall it. In fact, when I go to installed applications, the theme option does not even show up. Are there any known issues with this theme?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    How do you "restart Luna"?
    If you don't have standalone capability to do this I believe a full restart will accomplish this step...(I am not even sure there's a difference to regular people :-) )
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    I know I was supposed to remove my tweaks and etc. before the update, but I woke up this morning andf the updates were already happenning and I hadn't pressed anything for it to take place. How do I fix this as far as being able to use my tweaks again?? and Preware app as it isn't working??
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Ok for those having the downloading app issue.. Now I only had a few tweaks no themes on my Pre (LED notification, battery % thingy, download option for youtube and show call duration) I did just like the beginning of the thread states.. I went to Quick install, removed the tweaks and instead of restart Luna, I hit Run EPR. My phone restarted up fine. I went back to that new app catalog list and redownloaded the app with no problem.. Now I dont know if this is a new feature that came with 1.3.5 but my LED still lights up when I get notification even though I removed it in WebOS Quickinstall which I find strange b/c all the other tweaks I removed are not there. Oh well Im just glad I fixed it.. Let the downloading commence Lol..

P.S. Im going to reinstall the tweak later (at work right now lol) and Im going to see how the phone reacts to it. I'll keep you guys posted