Page 220 of 305 FirstFirst ... 120170210215216217218219220221222223224225230270 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 6094
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvannman View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of having to uninstall all tweaks and themes every time an update is available only to find out that now your tweaks don't work anymore? I have had several treo's and frankly this is B.S.! Is it time to make a switch?
    bye, bye
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try updating Package Manager Service to 0.9.24.3 ...

That will allow the app migration to complete for the large majority of people.

However, for a small number of people it also breaks Preware

I can't reproduce that problem.

-- Rod
    I have a slightly different problem that I couldn't find discussed (I didn't do an exhaustive search so forgive me if this is already being discussed.).

I updated to the latest package manager (9.25) and ran the patch the emergency migration helper.

Preware works fine and I don't get the installation error from the app catalog any more. In fact, I get a notification that the application has been installed but the app catalog stalls at installing at about 99.9%. The app install stays there indefinitely. If I reboot/restart the application isn't installed.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvannman View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of having to uninstall all tweaks and themes every time an update is available only to find out that now your tweaks don't work anymore? I have had several treo's and frankly this is B.S.! Is it time to make a switch?
    clearly...please do....bbye
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    So it worked for me....

Web OS 1.3.5
    Panic
    Sleep
    Updated to newest package manager via WebOSQuickInstall
    Did Migrate Patch
    Reboot
    Palm did a upgrade

And now downloading App Catalog stuff

Whew.... Great job guys!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Another update.

I've just released Package Manager Service 0.9.25 to the public feeds.

This version moves the migration helper code (which we suspect might be causing the Package Manager Service not running problems) to a separate utility called the Emergency Migration Helper (or EMH for all you trekkies).

It should be safe for anyone to upgrade to Package Manager Service 0.9.25 at any time (preferably *before* you upgrade to webOS 0.3.5, but it works just as well afterwards if you update it using WebOS Quick Install 2.96), and to run the Emergency Migration Helper at any time.

The Emergency Migration Helper simply adds a dummy appinfo.json file to any homebrew packages left in /var/usr/palm/applications that don't already have such a file (e.g. services, patches, themes, plugins, etc), so that the automatic migration functionality that occurs when the Luna user interface boots (you can cause a Luna Restart to happen at any time using the Luna Manager tool, or just reboot your phone) can successfully migrate these packages across to the new application area in /media/cryptofs/apps. This takes some time, and you phone will run a bit slower while it's happening, so give it 30 minutes before trying the app catalog again after running the EMH just to be sure it's finished.

-- Rod
    Thanks for all you help. I'm cross posting this.

I have a slightly different problem that I couldn't find discussed (I didn't do an exhaustive search so forgive me if this is already being discussed.).

I updated to the latest package manager (9.25) and ran the patch the emergency migration helper.

Preware works fine and I don't get the installation error from the app catalog any more. In fact, I get a notification that the application has been installed but the app catalog stalls at installing at about 99.9%. The app install stays there indefinitely. If I reboot/restart the application isn't installed.

I'm willing to come into the IRC channel to troubleshoot.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I had some issues with installing apps from the app catalog. I did remove all my tweaks and themes but still had the issue. I also read that the home brew apps were not going to move to the new directory for all the apps automatically. so I just chose to start fresh, I just did back up, saved my files and stuff to computer went to device info scrolled to bottom went to reset options and did a full wipe. After i signed into my profile and everything synced beautifully back and now i am getting ready to install new preware and all my Homebrew apps should be in the new app directory. Just thought everyone might wanna read about a posotive experience
    Ok, sorry I'm slow...just want to make sure I've got this right.
    I deleted my patches and stuff-restarted, then installed 1.3.5.
    Preware still didn't work right, so I removed it and reinstalled, still didn't work right.

So I just use webOS quick installer to update the package manager and all should be good? PLEASE respond to a.smithwick AT rocketmail with answers as I cannot check this for the rest of the day!!!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio1194 View Post
    After the 1.3.5 update I did the "full erase" thing the one where you hold Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds and now when i connect my Palm Pixi to the computer my downloads folder is empty even though I have applications downloaded. Does anybody know why?
    It's called "full erase"

nuff said
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Same issue here. (And BTW, thanks so much, Rod, for keeping me from having to doctor the phone after the App Catalog was broken last night!) I've installed the new PMS (0.9.25) and Preware (0.9.12) from WebOS Quick Install 2.96 and run the Emergency Migration Helper, so all should be good but it isn't.
    OK, this is getting stranger and stranger. I decided to try to revert PMS to 0.9.24 to see if that solved the problem of Preware not recognizing PMS, but I can't because WebOS Quick Install 2.96 has stopped working. It won't access the downloadable list of packages, won't show what's on the Pre using Device Management, ... nothin'. I've tried re-downloading WebOS Quick Install, rebooting both the computer and the Pre, stopping and restarting the Novacom service, stopping and restarting Developer Mode, etc. No love.

Very, very odd.

(Edit: And now, somehow in the span of 30 minutes I've killed the battery????)
    Last edited by northward; 12/29/2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: More info
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    All of a sudden when I load Preware the app shows i have NO Installed Packages, when lastnight I had about 51 installed. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    Thanks for all you help. I'm cross posting this.

I'm willing to come into the IRC channel to troubleshoot.
    Having same issue here, but only for certain apps. I tried to download Wabbit Hunt Lite (just as a teset case) and it did exactly as you said. However, other apps are downloading just fine.

On an interesting side note, the Forbes app (again, a test install) installed just fine, but I can't get it to totally uninstall. It doesn't launch now, but the icon doesn't go away.
    i have a fresh doctored phone, and after installing preware, it shows I have 39 installed patches..

I cannot delete them OR reinstall them (or run EPR) as it says IPKG error

**note this is on a fresh doctored phone with zero patches...

I have a strong feeling Preware is not pointing to the new correct folder and/or mvapps jacked something up
    I FINALLY got Preware to work! I followed these steps:

1. Deleted both Preware and Package Manager
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Re-install Package Manager 2.5 from WebOS QI
    4. Restart Luna
    5. Install Preware from WebOS QI
    6. Again, restart Luna

I know it seems pretty involved, but its the ONLY way I was able to get it to work.

Thanx,
    BSoldier63
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    i have a fresh doctored phone, and after installing preware, it shows I have 39 installed patches..

I cannot delete them OR reinstall them (or run EPR) as it says IPKG error

**note this is on a fresh doctored phone with zero patches...

I have a strong feeling Preware is not pointing to the new correct folder and/or mvapps jacked something up
    Exact same thing happened to me. I had to do a partial reset within device menu. After I did that, all of my patches were gone. I then reinstalled PMS and PW via QI and I could reinstall all my patches.

Don't forget to put your phone back in dev mode. I was pulling my hair out for a bit trying to figure out why I couldn't get QI to see my phone! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me. I had to do a partial reset within device menu. After I did that, all of my patches were gone. I then reinstalled PMS and PW via QI and I could reinstall all my patches.

Don't forget to put your phone back in dev mode. I was pulling my hair out for a bit trying to figure out why I couldn't get QI to see my phone! :P
    ah- thanks!

question: what does partial erase delete?? does it touch the media folder?

edit: partial reset ERASES the profile, and will require a re-download of Palm profile..

ugh this 1.3.5 update has been taking up more than 8 hours or so (too many Preware/ new folders/linking issues)
    Last edited by trim81; 12/29/2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Can someone explain why the homebrew has gone from 1400 to 600? A couple of the patches and the theme I was using is no longer visable in preware. Whats up with that?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    All of a sudden when I load Preware the app shows i have NO Installed Packages, when lastnight I had about 51 installed. Any ideas?
    I too have the same problem. I reinstalled Preware last night and used it to re-install most of my patches. This morning after reading these posts, I reinstalled PMS and Emergency Migration Helper. Now most of my apps are gone. The original Sprint apps and a few others are there. I don't recall whether I downloaded all of them, but it seems like most of the ones that are missing were downloaded via Preware, but not all. I have used MvApp and it seems that most if not all apps that are missing were moved. Is there a connection?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    Yes, I ran into the same issue last night. The downloading of the program worked, but when it came time to install, a received a funky and unusual popup telling me that I needed a system restart so that the system could update something. 30 seconds later, the issue is still there. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    man, everytime I turn my phone on it goes through 12 apps and tells me that each one is failing install. I'm just wiping the phone now with WebOS doctor. I just need a working phone again
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I have been trying to remove the "audio/video attachments" patch for a while now and can't make it happen. When I try to remove it it says "error removing: see IPKG Log". I don't know how to read the IPKG log.

So I have been just dealing with this until today when the new WebOS update came down. Now I want to use Emergency Patch Recovery so I can DL the new update and it wont work because I think it can't get past the audio video patch.

Can someone please help me.
    Is there anyone that can help us with this?