Page 219 of 305 FirstFirst ... 119169209214215216217218219220221222223224229269 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 6094
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I have the following patches running again:
    5x4 Icons v2
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Advanced Phone Menu
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Character Counter
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    Close on Hangup
    Confirm Delete (email)
    Enter Key for New Line
    Improved Filename Format
    Just Charge by Default
    No Battery Level
    Reset to First Page
    Slider Blocks Orientation Change
    Timestamps - Clean
    Unthrottle Download Manager

I REALLY miss:
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape PDF
    SMS Tone Per Contact
    Virtual Keyboard (Doesn't show up in Preware anymore...?)

Also -
    Is there any need for Lower Swap Threshold anymore?
    How did you reinstall the patches. No patches are showing up in Preware for me.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    Im in the same boat. Ive tried several times with no luck. I really hate to Dr the phone so any help would be great!

Melissa
    What version webos QI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    Wow, thank you for getting all these updates SO fast. My updates all went smooth other than I have two programs that wont remove with EPR - thats 4x4 icon V1, and More Sync Times...

Both still show as "installed" in preware but get error when go to remove. Any thoughts?
    I'm having the same issue with many of the patches that exist on my pre now. I'm trying a partial reset to see if it gets rid of them so I can just reinstall. I updated to 2.5 and all that as suggested to no avail.
    FYI, this is the error message I get when trying to uninstall any of the patches that are somehow still present on my phone, not working and un-uninstallable:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Unreversed patch detectetd! Ignore -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    What version webos QI?
    What version webos QI?
    Its version 2.96. The way I uninstalled is I went to Tools : Device Management and just checkmarked Preware and Package Manager. I restarted my phone and then went back in to QI and reinstalled Package Manager first and then Preware and nothing works.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I had the same problem but I restarted and did the EPR from webos quick install it works fine now. Just in case you didnt already make sure you have uninstalled all patches preware program manager and themes from your phone. Hope you get it to work!
    the last night i installed like 40 patches successfull ,today in the morning i open my preware and my installed patches are not there...i tried in preferences and everything and still cant see them
    How do you actually run EMH? I'm a bit confused on this. Probably obvious, but everything is so borked right now that I can't keep this stuff straight.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    How do you actually run EMH? I'm a bit confused on this. Probably obvious, but everything is so borked right now that I can't keep this stuff straight.
    As rwhitby noted here, simply restart Luna or the Pre to get EMH to do it's magic.

Edit: So the full process would be:

Upgrade to WebOS Quick Install 2.96
    Use WOSQI to install the Emergency Migration Helper from the WebOS Internals Feed (all)
    Restart the Pre (or Luna).
    Last edited by musk; 12/29/2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Adding instructions to clarify
    I ran the EMH and it fixed my problem. Can now download from the app catalogue just fine. Thanks!
    My screen and keyboarde do not work. I installed the update and got Preware to work and installed several patches; everything was fine. This morning I went back to Preware to install a few more patches and since then the screen has basically not worked. I though it was the 4x4 v. 3 patch but I removed than (using WEBOSQI) and it still is not working. I have removed the battery several times and left it out for 5 or more miuntes and still no luck. Any help greatly appreciated. No Doctor yet so I don't know what to do.
    Laissez Faire
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of having to uninstall all tweaks and themes every time an update is available only to find out that now your tweaks don't work anymore? I have had several treo's and frankly this is B.S.! Is it time to make a switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    As rwhitby noted here, simply restart Luna or the Pre to get EMH to do it's magic.

Edit: So the full process would be:

Upgrade to WebOS Quick Install 2.96
    Use WOSQI to install the Emergency Migration Helper from the WebOS Internals Feed (all)
    Restart the Pre (or Luna).
    Thanks! I was somehow under the impression that EMH was part of the new PMS2.5, so I guess I didn't try it.

HOWEVER, doing a partial reset got rid of all of my defunct patches and now I'm able to reinstall them all and they work great. It was a hassle going through the reset process, of course, but hey, I don't have to work today and my Pre is now in better shape than ever, so I'm a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    Its version 2.96. The way I uninstalled is I went to Tools : Device Management and just checkmarked Preware and Package Manager. I restarted my phone and then went back in to QI and reinstalled Package Manager first and then Preware and nothing works.
    The way mine worked was uninstalling preware from the phone, then installing via quickinstall...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So I have webOS quick install... how do I install the new version of Package Manager Service 0.9.25 ?

Do I need to download it from somewhere or is it included as something int he webOS quick install download?

Sorry, a lot of this stuff is over my head, any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    -
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Can't install the "Enable Dialpad Vibration" and "Enable Landscape Email" patches.

For the first one I get,

Hunk #1 Failed at 634
    Hunk #2 Failed at 929

For Enable Landscape Email I get,

Hunk #1 Failed at 55
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 140

I wasn't able to install the Dialpad Vibration since the last WebOS patch actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I'm having a problem. I've used WebOS Quickinstall to install and remove Preware several times now and still cannot start Preware. It give me an error:

The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? blah, blah, blah...

I've installed and restarted. Still won't let me load Preware...any ideas?
    Same issue here. (And BTW, thanks so much, Rod, for keeping me from having to doctor the phone after the App Catalog was broken last night!) I've installed the new PMS (0.9.25) and Preware (0.9.12) from WebOS Quick Install 2.96 and run the Emergency Migration Helper, so all should be good but it isn't.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    What a HOOT!

Rod is fixing Palm's messes!

AWESOME!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I'm having a problem. I've used WebOS Quickinstall to install and remove Preware several times now and still cannot start Preware. It give me an error:

The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? blah, blah, blah...

I've installed and restarted. Still won't let me load Preware...any ideas?
    Same problem for me on my Pixi... ugh!

I tried using the WebOS Install method and removed the Package Manager and Preware, then reinstalled Package Manager first, then Preware. Then rebooted my Pixi. Still having the same problem. Anyone with a possible resolution to this problem?
    Last edited by cohoman; 12/29/2009 at 09:45 AM.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist