Page 218 of 305 FirstFirst ... 118168208213214215216217218219220221222223228268 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 6094
    it says i have package manager service 0.9.24.3 is this correct for 1.3.5 as u have listed a earlier version ????
    removed all patches prior to OTA. The first update showed the spinning disk with the white blocks surrounding the disk as a progress bar. After that the Palm sign came up and the phone rebooted and went back to installing the update. On the second update it was stuck. I waited 30 mins with no response so I pulled the battery and the phone was dead. I ran WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 3 times now. Each time there was an error saying it could not be recovered. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    It seems I have version 0.9.24 of Package Manager Service istalled. I can't find any additional .release number. It's dated Dec 7th. Is this the latest version or not? I also don't so any update available in Preware. I'm on a German GSM Pre and want to be prepared before the update is available here.
    Any chance you have the option for feed updates in preware preferences set to manual? If so, run a feed update.

Cause I'm also using Packetmanager 0.9.24.3 as of this morning on my German Pre (without any trouble).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Well, here's a new one: my keyboard has completely stopped working. I've just reset, partial reset, pulled everything off, but still no dice. Can't even restore my profile, since I can't type in my information. Now trying a battery pull...hope that helps. {Jonathan}

UPDATE: Phew, that worked! Keyboard back. If you have a similar problem, try the battery pull. {J}
    Are you running any CPU speed modification or smartreflex patches?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    After running the 1.3.5 update with Package Manager 0.9.24.3 installed, I ran Preware. The first time it failed with error that said something about an undefined length. the second time I got the Package manager not running type error. I rebooted the Pre, and Preware ran just fine, but my Preware preferences were reset to default. (color scheme basically). Preware runs fine, but in a possibly related area, all my apps linked with MVAPP are gone, and so is mvapp.

EDIT: I'm now running Package manager .0.9.25, and I ran the emergency Migration tool. Still no linked apps or MVAPP itself. Preware reports that MVAPP is installed.

Edit: Solved. Navigated to: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.mvapp
    and ran mvapp postupd from there.
    Last edited by dbtrade; 12/29/2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Another update.

I've just released Package Manager Service 0.9.25 to the public feeds.

This version moves the migration helper code (which we suspect might be causing the Package Manager Service not running problems) to a separate utility called the Emergency Migration Helper (or EMH for all you trekkies).

It should be safe for anyone to upgrade to Package Manager Service 0.9.25 at any time (preferably *before* you upgrade to webOS 0.3.5, but it works just as well afterwards if you update it using WebOS Quick Install 2.96), and to run the Emergency Migration Helper at any time.

The Emergency Migration Helper simply adds a dummy appinfo.json file to any homebrew packages left in /var/usr/palm/applications that don't already have such a file (e.g. services, patches, themes, plugins, etc), so that the automatic migration functionality that occurs when the Luna user interface boots (you can cause a Luna Restart to happen at any time using the Luna Manager tool, or just reboot your phone) can successfully migrate these packages across to the new application area in /media/cryptofs/apps. This takes some time, and you phone will run a bit slower while it's happening, so give it 30 minutes before trying the app catalog again after running the EMH just to be sure it's finished.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Nope, no CPU/SmartReflex patches of any kind; I learned my lesson on those before. Probably some kind of glitch related to how I upgraded. At this point, I'm not going to worry about it unless/until it recurs. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try updating Package Manager Service to 0.9.24.3 ...

That will allow the app migration to complete for the large majority of people.

However, for a small number of people it also breaks Preware

I can't reproduce that problem.

-- Rod
    Yes, it broke my preware...but deleting and reinstalling it through WebOS QI was all it took.
    Wish I would have read this post before the ones about being able to fix the app cat problem by doing partial erase what a waste of time
    Thanks Rod, and all you who are helping!
    OK, now what? Preware won't install patches back, ipkg log says it detects them already... but they aren't there...???

edit- Haha...yes, they are there, that is, the effects of the patches are working in the system.. but they don't show up in Preware or in WebOSQI... and I ran a EPR just now and it didn't remove them. So, yipee my patches are there... but oh no, what if I need to remove them? Or just want to see which ones are there?

One more observation... I installed a NEW patch (one I didn't have before) successfully. Then ran EPR to remove... and it says no patches installed. So not only does Preware not recognize my old patches, but EPR doesn't recognize the new one???
    Last edited by Jonesey; 12/29/2009 at 07:35 AM.
    had no patches, just homebrew installs from preware prior.

updated, had 48% battery and went to bed. woke up 6hrs later to a dead phone (luckily I woke up before my alarm). No apps open (tho, push email is set for 4 accounts). My normal average is a 20% overnight loss.

phone is slow as molasses too at loading apps =/ Where's WebOSdoc 1.3.5....
    Firstly, thanks for all your work on this and the quick updates.

Seems for me since upgrading to the new Package Manager 0.9.25 neither Preware loads(hangs on feeds), or app Catalog installs.

I am trying to avoid doctoring, and can wait till a solution is found I don't have any urgent need of anything.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    You guys are amazing! My donation is on its way to you - you definitely deserve it!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    All updated and everything's back except landscape email. This is completely amazing to have all this stuff work like this. I did have to reinstall PMS even though I did the update before EPM in case people need to know.

The note about landscape email is NOT a complaint. Just a point in case others see this. I don't even really use it much now.

Some things did take a couple tries but ,like I said, it all ended up working for this non-developer...

Thanks!
    P.S. I do miss Phone patch 'open to call log' but I am sure it'll turn up soon...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    This is completely amazing to have all this stuff work like this.
    Hopefully by the next update we'll have AUPT working and you won't need to remove patches any more ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Another update.

The Emergency Migration Helper simply adds a dummy appinfo.json file to any homebrew packages left in /var/usr/palm/applications that don't already have such a file (e.g. services, patches, themes, plugins, etc),

-- Rod
    Does this mean that we do not have to remove the patches before we update?
    I'm having a problem. I've used WebOS Quickinstall to install and remove Preware several times now and still cannot start Preware. It give me an error:

The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? blah, blah, blah...

I've installed and restarted. Still won't let me load Preware...any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    Does this mean that we do not have to remove the patches before we update?
    I'm NOT part of Rod's group (or in any way associated with WebOS Internals), but I'm 99.99999% sure that no one has ever implied this. Remove ALL PATCHES and THEMEs prior to the 1.3.5 migration. However, with the EMH (and updated Package Manager Service), the 1.3.5 migration is not likely to break Preware or the Palm App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hopefully by the next update we'll have AUPT working and you won't need to remove patches any more ...

-- Rod
    Wow, thank you for getting all these updates SO fast. My updates all went smooth other than I have two programs that wont remove with EPR - thats 4x4 icon V1, and More Sync Times...

Both still show as "installed" in preware but get error when go to remove. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I'm having a problem. I've used WebOS Quickinstall to install and remove Preware several times now and still cannot start Preware. It give me an error:

The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? blah, blah, blah...

I've installed and restarted. Still won't let me load Preware...any ideas?
    Im in the same boat. Ive tried several times with no luck. I really hate to Dr the phone so any help would be great!

Melissa
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    What's with the 'fixing unknown packages' on start up now? it finds 174 unknowns.