Page 216 of 305 FirstFirst ... 116166206211212213214215216217218219220221226266 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Preware is not working for me on 1.3.5 When I launch it I get "On Feeds Error TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
    Please use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 to remove then install the Package Manager Service, and let me know if that fixes it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Had to reinstall the package manager service with Quick install to get preware working again. Some patches not working yet, these are for me

Hapatic touch
    LED notifiction
    silence charge
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    People in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...out-now-6.html are reporting it does solve the problem.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I tried to EPR, but for some reason, EPR doesn't show in Preware. Any suggestions on why it doesn't? The only thing I can think of is that I don't see a category called "Available Packages." I have all of the other categories, but not that one... Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Preware > Available Other > Linux Application > All > Emergency Patch Recovery.

UPDATE: also see:

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Use the Anticipation Thread until webOS 1.3.5 is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.3.5 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.3.5 Issues

webOS 1.3.5 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion

From the article Palm Confirms 1.3.5: Speed, Battery, App Limit all to be improved, Plus Investor Call Notes

From Spint:

webOS Updates
    Before you update to a new webOS, first remove any theme and then any patches you might have installed. Homebrew Apps, including Preware, do not need to be removed before a webOS update. If you don't know what a patch is you probably have never made one.

Remove All Patches and Themes At Once
    Using WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click Tools → Themer → Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Luna Restart

Using Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages → Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK → OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch Recovery → Install
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

Using webOS Repair Utility:
    1. Click Options → Compatibility Override On
    2. Click Scan/Repair
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 to remove then install the Package Manager Service, and let me know if that fixes it.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    People in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...out-now-6.html are reporting it does solve the problem.
    Just perfomed the above steps and it does indeed solve the problem.
    anyone else try downloading anything from the app catalog yet?? i keep getting a "download failed" error as the phone says it must be restarted, so i restart it and i still cant get anything to happen.... HELP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clmanning View Post
    anyone else try downloading anything from the app catalog yet?? i keep getting a "download failed" error as the phone says it must be restarted, so i restart it and i still cant get anything to happen.... HELP!!!!!
    I downloaded two apps after the update, no problems for me.
    Preware works, but:
    4x4 v.1 : - works
    Theme-NY Yankees: Seemed to install ok, but doesn't work
    Read/Delete All Email: - works
    Enable Landscape email: error installing - doesn't work
    Select Alert and Notification tones - works
    Enable Dialpad vibrations - works
    Close Slider to end calls - works
    SMS Tone per contact - install failed
    Okay I installed WebOS 1.3.5 and reinstalled package manager and preware using webos quick install. All seems fine. There are no available patches but I assume that is because the good folks at webos-internals need time to determine what patches are compatible with 1.3.5.

My question is this: I see lots of new settings in Prreware's preferemces I do not recall form before. I searched this forum and webos-internals' website and could not find a guide to how to set all these settings. Can some one guide me as to how they should be set and what each one does?

Thank you! And thank you to the guys at webos-internals! You guys are amazing and we all owe you an incredible debt!
    I have the following patches running again:
    5x4 Icons v2
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Advanced Phone Menu
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Character Counter
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    Close on Hangup
    Confirm Delete (email)
    Enter Key for New Line
    Improved Filename Format
    Just Charge by Default
    No Battery Level
    Reset to First Page
    Slider Blocks Orientation Change
    Timestamps - Clean
    Unthrottle Download Manager

I REALLY miss:
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape PDF
    SMS Tone Per Contact
    Virtual Keyboard (Doesn't show up in Preware anymore...?)

Also -
    Is there any need for Lower Swap Threshold anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    Most of those things you mention are patches. The LED is a patch. It is not automatic for the pre. Will need to reinstall preware and all the patches again.
    Yeah, i understand that. And that's my point. If programmers who don't work for palm can code this stuff up that easily, why doesn't palm do it. Spend time on this kind of stuff and not on changing the font of my clock.
    I was able to install my patches and re-install Preware using WOSQI, but Preware apparently can't recognize the installed patches.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    There are no available patches but I assume that is because the good folks at webos-internals need time to determine what patches are compatible with 1.3.5.

I did a reboot of my Pre and then the patches showed up. Hope this helps you too. I did not change any of my settings.
    You'll need to update feeds to see 1.3.5 patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I was able to install my patches and re-install Preware using WOSQI, but Preware apparently can't recognize the installed patches.
    Or my applications.

I'm also having this issue.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Sorry it's happening to you, but at least I know I'm not the only one.
    Yeah, I'm sure we aren't alone.

When you install something from Preware it knows, but older stuff...it won't.

Did you re-install Preware? I re-installed the package service and preware cause I couldn't run preware for some reason.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I need some help. I installed the compatible version of quickinstall and when I connect my Pre, this is the message I keep getting:

"Please connect your device then press "okay""

-- I have rebooted both my phone and computer and I keep getting the same message. It doesnt find my phone.
    -- I also have it in developer mode.

HELP PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure we aren't alone.

When you install something from Preware it knows, but older stuff...it won't.

Did you re-install Preware? I re-installed the package service and preware cause I couldn't run preware for some reason.
    I did - I found the fix to reinstall Preware elsewhere on the forums. Installing everything has been smooth sailing except for Preware not recognizing stuff.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Used Preware EPR, rebooted, used Quickinstall to remove Preware and manager, downloaded and installed 1.3.5 without problem.

Now whenever I plug usb cable into my laptop battery shows that it is charging but thats the only thing that happens. It never asks me to choose media sync, USB Drive or Just Charge. It just sits there. This also means that Quick Install will not detect my Pre.

EDIT: Opps. I had the USB cable plugged in while updating to 1.3.5. During the update process my laptop detected the Pre but errored out because the Pre was still updating. Once updated Device Manager showed a bad USB device and would no longer attempt to redetect even if unplugging/plugging in the USB cable. Uninstalled the unknown USB device, reconnected and viola, Pre is detected as it should.

Don't leave USB cable plugged into Pre and PC during WebOS update!!
    Last edited by Huff; 12/29/2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have been trying to remove the "audio/video attachments" patch for a while now and can't make it happen. When I try to remove it it says "error removing: see IPKG Log". I don't know how to read the IPKG log.

So I have been just dealing with this until today when the new WebOS update came down. Now I want to use Emergency Patch Recovery so I can DL the new update and it wont work because I think it can't get past the audio video patch.

Can someone please help me.