Page 215 of 305 FirstFirst ... 115165205210211212213214215216217218219220225265 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 6094
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Since it is not likely that Palm will give us an update for Christmas, I think we should give presents to Jason, Rod and the gang instead.

They are the only ones making the Pre/Pixi usable and fun of late.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I just got a replacement pre and installed package manager and preware. Now when I open preware patches is there but it's not hilighted so I can't select it? I was using it on my old pre which was also running 1.3.1 on that phone and the patches worked fine? Does anyone know where the patches went? I want my blinky light notifications back!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottkoblitz View Post
    I just got a replacement pre and installed package manager and preware. Now when I open preware patches is there but it's not hilighted so I can't select it? I was using it on my old pre which was also running 1.3.1 on that phone and the patches worked fine? Does anyone know where the patches went? I want my blinky light notifications back!
    Update to the latest webOS version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I had installed Preware using the directions provided, then I could no longer install any official apps from the app catalog and neither could I update existing apps. I had more than enough room in the official app space as I had deleted everything and anything that I didn't use and whittled my official apps size down to 78mb of the 250 they give us.. Also I no longer was backing up things to palm or Google and as a result of calling Palm for support had to do a reset on my phone and lost valuable data... Now before I reinstall preware I want to know if anyone has also had this problem and if there is a fix for it.

Thanks
    Hello, I had an issue with preware: In the middle of installing the "landscape unlock to camera" patch, I clicked the "install" button and my phone gave me the "sorry too many cards" message. This was before I was able to say "yes" to the ipkg install dialog. Anyway, after closing the "too many cards" dialog it then looked like the patch was installed.

When I then went to my list of installed patches, the patch is listed as installed. However, when I try removing the patch, it indicates that the patch is actually not installed. Is there a way to manually remove/install the patch or reset the preware "installed" indicator for the patch? I'd rather do it using the manual method since I've recently had issues using the "emergency patch recovery" tool and reinstalling patches, and I'm comfortable with executing commands from the linux command line.

Thank you in advance.
    preware wont let me install apps
    i just get IPKG errors i cant update either.

but normal (app catalouge works fine)

I get an error; return value 22

and wget: connect-length 433 is garbage

no matter what app I choose
    Preware not showing patches in feeds or in everything.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    preware wont let me install apps
    i just get IPKG errors i cant update either.

but normal (app catalouge works fine)

I get an error; return value 22

and wget: connect-length 433 is garbage

no matter what app I choose

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Preware not showing patches in feeds or in everything.
    Update your webOS version.

-- Rod
    yep, wifi works perfectly!

thanks. hopefully you can fix the GSM issue
    Strangely, after doctoring my pre today, when preware is loading prethemer feed it gets stuck on this. Any clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Hello, I had an issue with preware: In the middle of installing the "landscape unlock to camera" patch, I clicked the "install" button and my phone gave me the "sorry too many cards" message. This was before I was able to say "yes" to the ipkg install dialog. Anyway, after closing the "too many cards" dialog it then looked like the patch was installed.

When I then went to my list of installed patches, the patch is listed as installed. However, when I try removing the patch, it indicates that the patch is actually not installed. Is there a way to manually remove/install the patch or reset the preware "installed" indicator for the patch? I'd rather do it using the manual method since I've recently had issues using the "emergency patch recovery" tool and reinstalling patches, and I'm comfortable with executing commands from the linux command line.

Thank you in advance.
    Bump. Is there anyone that might be willing to help, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Bump. Is there anyone that might be willing to help, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    ipkg -o /var remove ....

Note that you're more likely to make things worse if you're not familiar with ipkg and when to run prerm scripts ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    In preparing for the release of 1.3.5 today, I am removing my theme and patches I've installed using preware.

Do I have to uninstall preware itself, or its service (Package manager service), or its linux applications (Diffstat or GNU Patch) before applying the official update when it hopefully lands today?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Strangely, after doctoring my pre today, when preware is loading prethemer feed it gets stuck on this. Any clue?
    Dude, I dont know but the same thing is happening to me. Either the size is massive and it's just taking forever or something is amiss in the land of Preware... Hopefully not though!
    If anyone has any ideas...
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Hey, I installed it the first time as a standalone download, but i uninstalled it and then ran it through Quick Install and BAM! Zipped right through.
    Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out the Preware issue? Mine is getting stuck @ Prethemer also. If I can avoid deleting the whole thing, that'd be nice. But if that's the only solution, I will...
    Preware is not working for me on 1.3.5 When I launch it I get "On Feeds Error TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
    Last edited by PhantomPhreak53; 12/28/2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I tried to EPR, but for some reason, EPR doesn't show in Preware. Any suggestions on why it doesn't? The only thing I can think of is that I don't see a category called "Available Packages." I have all of the other categories, but not that one... Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    I also got Preware to go after deleting and re-installing through WebOS QI