Page 214 of 305 FirstFirst ... 114164204209210211212213214215216217218219224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 6094
  1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    That was easy enough. Thanks a lot, Rod!
    I'm new to Preware, when the 1.3.5 update comes out, I know I have to delete all my patches. How do I do that? Also, do I have to uninstall the Preware app or just the patches?
    the mid-December thing was just a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I'm new to Preware, when the 1.3.5 update comes out, I know I have to delete all my patches. How do I do that? Also, do I have to uninstall the Preware app or just the patches?
    To delete all your patches, go into Preware and select the "List Everything" option and search for "Emergency Patch Recovery". When you run this it will remove all of your patches. One thing to note, last time I did this I still had a patch that would fail to uninstall. It was necessary to use WebOSRepairUtility to remove it.

No, you do not need to remove Preware or any homebrew apps unless someone tells us differently (never had to so far, but that was the basis for this thread and Jason seems to have confirmed nothing additional will need to be done).
    Thanks hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post

preware:
    for a complete change log, up-to-date installation instructions, and all other information pertaining to preware, please visit the webos-internals preware wiki page: applicationreware - webos internals. The wiki will always have the most up-to-date information on preware.

installation:
    1. download and run the latest release of webos quick install
    2. press the third button on the right (img)
    3. choose webos internals feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top. (img)
    4. select package manager service from the list.
    5. press download.
    6. press install. (after this step your phone will lose evdo and be unresponsive for a little while while java restarts, this is normal)
    7. press the third button on the right (img)
    8. choose webos internals feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top. (img)
    9. select preware from the list.
    10. press download.
    11. press install.
    12. you're done!

upgrade:
    before v0.9.0 - use the same directions as for installation above. Install the new versions of preware and the package manager service right over the top of the old ones with webos quick install.
    v0.9.0 and on - upgrade preware and the package manager service with preware.

frequently asked questions (faq):
    q - i want to remove the virtual keyboard patch but 'available patches' is grayed out?
    a - look for the virtual keyboard in the 'installed packages' section. Or change the "installed is available" option to yes in the preferences.

q - i'm stuck at "checking version"
    a - rebooting your pre will fix it.

q - why are there no other questions and answers?
    a - i'm currently working on the list, please stand by.

contributors: (listed alphabetically)
    • destinal
    • oil
    • puffthemagic
    • rboatright
    • rwhitby
    • templarian
    • tharris
    • zuchmir2

licensing conditions:
    preware and the package manager service are licensed under the gplv2. They cannot be used by a closed source application. If you want to use them in a non-gplv2 but otherwise open source application, please contact the authors.
    Please advise. I moved my palm pre to another palm pre, but it didnt work so I moved it back to the orginial. Doing this I have lost Preware. I have tried to re-install but it is now saying that Novacom D is not installed on my computer. Would someone please advise how to correct my stuip error. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rcollins001 View Post
    Please advise. I moved my palm pre to another palm pre, but it didnt work so I moved it back to the orginial. Doing this I have lost Preware. I have tried to re-install but it is now saying that Novacom D is not installed on my computer. Would someone please advise how to correct my stuip error. Thank you
    What OS are you using? It is a little different depending on the OS.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Make sure your Pre is in DEVELOPMENT MODE: “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart”
    Touch: DEV MODE ICON. Turn Dev Mode On.

Make sure Novacom Drivers are activate

Reinstal Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by rcollins001 View Post
    Follow these instructions:

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/17/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    I didn't a full reset on the Pre (didn't uninstall patches) and when I restored everything, my patches, such as landscape e-mail, still work perfectly, but when I open Preware or WOSQI, it doesn't see these patches. I can't re-install, the patch as I get an error message.

I don't know how to uninstall a patch that can't be seen.

I know that we are supposed to uninstall all patches prior to WebOS system update. Should I be concerned?

Any thoughts as to how to proceed are appreciated.
    Run Emergency Patch Recovery and it should remove your old patches provided you have not tried to install new ones on top. See How to Remove Patches in this article:

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/17/2009 at 02:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Last week I installed Preware along with about 30 packages from it as well as Precorder. Since that day, my ringtones will not play. When somebody calls or when my alarm goes off there is no sound. The notification tone still plays, but not the ringtones. It won't even vibrate when a ringtone is supposed to play.

I've uninstalled everything that I installed that day, did a battery pull, no help.

Please advise.
    Kudos! and Thanks! to Rod and the development crew for giving us Preware. I've had it for 2 weeks now and it makes my Pre fun and lovable, if loving a phone is possible...lol
    Okay I know this problem has been brought up in the past and yes I did do research and I also know you guys are going to try and redirect me here

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...r-service.html

But I have no idea what I am reading when I go there. I'm not computer smart or phone smart for that matter. I just want a quick step by step of what to do when I get this message when I try to load my Preware.

"The Package manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting our phone."

Yes I did use WebOS Quick Install. Please help!
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    When u first install the PMS did u restart ur phone before installing the preware....the first time I did it the preware wouldn't boot up
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbury View Post
    ...I just want a quick step by step of what to do when I get this message when I try to load my Preware.

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting our phone."

Yes I did use WebOS Quick Install. Please help!
    First try a normal restart. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

See if Preware is OK. If not...

Somewhere you missed a step in the instructions.

If you have webOS Quick Install able to install, then try removing Package Manager Service and Preware:

In webOS Quick Install, click Tools, Device Manager, check Preware and Package Manager Service.

Was Package Manager Service missing? If so that was the problem. Regardless, click Uninstall then Close.

Now start at the Install Preware instructions in the How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes.

- Craig
    I have a question that I believe I have the answer to, but I wanted to make sure...

With the announcement of 1.3.5 coming out soon...will I have to remove all my patches, as well as anything installed via Preware to install the new 1.3.5 update when it comes out?

If I do, is there an easier way of keeping track what patches are installed rather than having to unstall them all...and then go back and reinstall each one of them one by one?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawneeNDN View Post
    I have a question that I believe I have the answer to, but I wanted to make sure...

With the announcement of 1.3.5 coming out soon...will I have to remove all my patches, as well as anything installed via Preware to install the new 1.3.5 update when it comes out?

If I do, is there an easier way of keeping track what patches are installed rather than having to unstall them all...and then go back and reinstall each one of them one by one?

Thanks!
    1) You only need to remove patches, themes and WOSQI tweaks. You don't need to remove applications, services or plugins.

2) No (well, there is, but you would need to know how to drive the raw ipkg command on the Linux command line).

3) Check out the Preware Feature Roadmap for how it will be easier in the future ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can someone help me the VIDEO DOWNLOAD PATCH.... I downloaded the patch to download youtube videos and it said the videos are stored in the "internal" memory (/media/internal/downloads) but when I plug my Pre to the USB and look at the Pre "internal" memory the videos I download from youtube, I can't find them...Can someone help me find the videos!
    Quote Originally Posted by rider910 View Post
    Can someone help me the VIDEO DOWNLOAD PATCH.... I downloaded the patch to download youtube videos and it said the videos are stored in the "internal" memory (/media/internal/downloads) but when I plug my Pre to the USB and look at the Pre "internal" memory the videos I download from youtube, I can't find them...Can someone help me find the videos!
    Please use the webOS Patches forum (and in particular, the existing thread related to that patch) for questions about a specific patch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Would it be possible to make Preware detect if you are using Wifi or cell data network? And based upon this, load a different feeds and preferences?

e.g. When I'm on EVDO, I don't want themes to load. When I'm on wifi, it doesn't bother me.

Thanks