Page 213 of 305 FirstFirst ... 113163203208209210211212213214215216217218223263 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 6094
    Im new to the pre i already have downloaded the web-os quick installer, I have a few good apps and themes. There was a link to type into an app like file coaster,I then retyped the link into the file coaster and its been downloading for a while now. How long does this usually take and will i be able to launch the preware app from here. thanks jim
    Quote Originally Posted by laynloest2005 View Post
    Im new to the pre i already have downloaded the web-os quick installer, I have a few good apps and themes. There was a link to type into an app like file coaster,I then retyped the link into the file coaster and its been downloading for a while now. How long does this usually take and will i be able to launch the preware app from here. thanks jim
    You can't use filecoaster to download Preware.

Just use Preware and there will be nothing to type, just click. Here are the instructions:

Getting Started: Preware

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/14/2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I understand that an ipkg package file can install multiple files at one time.

Is there any reason that an ipkg file cannot also install a service as it installs an app?

I understand that a reboot might need to be set in the postinst.

- Craig
    An ipkg file that contains a service (whether the service is by itself, or combined with something else in the ipkg file) requires a post-install script to be run as part of the installation, and therefore must be installed using an advanced homebrew installer with Preware or WebOS Quick Install.

Preware and the Package Manager Service are two separate applications, because other front-end packages like Luna Manager and PreLoad use the Package Manager Service.

Rebooting is irrelevant.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The Package Manager Service has already been updated for 1.3.5. They didn't come right out and say it in the changelog, but you can read between the lines.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    3 letters: NDA

(or at least one would assume )
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    3 letters: NDA

(or at least one would assume )
    Jason,

I appreciate that response, I really do. But, what I want to know is if there will be anything necessary other than removing themes and patches when updating the phone when the supposed update comes out.

In the post that XORG made he indicated that we may have to remove some of the homebrew apps that we installed in order for there to be enough room for them to be copied back to the app partition.

I know you can't say anything about how anything will work with 1.3.5, but I just want to know if we need to do anything with homebrew apps installed via Preware when upgrading, that is all I want to know.

Thanks for all your hard work Jason, it is most definitely appreciated!!!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems with Sprint Navigation.... after the 1.3.1 update my navigation skips words.... I tried reinstalling 1.3.1 ... but it continues to skip... can anyone help me out on this

thanks in advance
    mine does the same and I always have to restart to get a GPS location. It's really a pain to constantly restart and then sometimes it's not even very accurate, frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by spidemon View Post
    Anyone having problems with Sprint Navigation.... after the 1.3.1 update my navigation skips words.... I tried reinstalling 1.3.1 ... but it continues to skip... can anyone help me out on this

thanks in advance
    Damn, I hate people who hijack threads, open your own!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Damn, I hate people who hijack threads, open your own!!!!
    No, don't do that. Its a known issue. No need for a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Jason,

I appreciate that response, I really do. But, what I want to know is if there will be anything necessary other than removing themes and patches when updating the phone when the supposed update comes out.

In the post that XORG made he indicated that we may have to remove some of the homebrew apps that we installed in order for there to be enough room for them to be copied back to the app partition.

I know you can't say anything about how anything will work with 1.3.5, but I just want to know if we need to do anything with homebrew apps installed via Preware when upgrading, that is all I want to know.

Thanks for all your hard work Jason, it is most definitely appreciated!!!!
    Well, personally, I'm not really sure what xorg meant. Though theoretically, if Palm were to change how apps were installed, theoretically, the only apps I'd really be concerned about would be advanced homebrew that use postinst/prerm scripts. Apps like FileMgr Service, Package Manager Service, WIRCd, Terminal Service Plugin, etc.. Those would probably be best to be uninstalled before, theoretically.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, personally, I'm not really sure what xorg meant. Though theoretically, if Palm were to change how apps were installed, theoretically, the only apps I'd really be concerned about would be advanced homebrew that use postinst/prerm scripts. Apps like FileMgr Service, Package Manager Service, WIRCd, Terminal Service Plugin, etc.. Those would probably be best to be uninstalled before, theoretically.
    Thanks once again, so theoretically, if those things changed I assume we would see something here on Preware telling us what apps to uninstall before upgrading.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Anyone having issues with preware? I keep getting an onfeeds error. "Typeerror: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined. Please help
    bump I'm still having issues
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Nevermind. I ended up taking a trip to the doctor
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Not found any path with webos quick install???
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sky0204_hut View Post
    I very need this feature, someone can help me?

Check out this link..

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I had read somewhere that 1.3.5 is suppose to be out in mid-Dec. The Pixi has an update that fixes the lag with 1.3.2. The lag is really driving me crazy with the Pre's 1.3.1 and hope the new firmware comes out soon. Any word yet?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    It seems that audio playback was borked with 1.3.1. We can hope it has been resolved in the next update.
  19. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    My Preware has been running slow since day one. I figured this was the way it was supposed to be until I tried to look at the themes for the first theme. The themes wouldn't even open. Preware is easily the slowest app on my Pre and after seeing youtube videos of other people using Preware, I've realized this isn't right. Can anybody tell me how to correct this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    My Preware has been running slow since day one. I figured this was the way it was supposed to be until I tried to look at the themes for the first theme. The themes wouldn't even open. Preware is easily the slowest app on my Pre and after seeing youtube videos of other people using Preware, I've realized this isn't right. Can anybody tell me how to correct this?
    Install the latest Preware version using http://install.preware.org

-- Rod