Page 21 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    Hi guys i really need help evrytime i try to connect to preware it says updating then loading and then a message pops up and says TypeError: Cannot call method 'toLowerCase' of undefined what am i doing rong? it used to work until today am i the only on with the problem?
    New ver of Package Manger is out v 0.85.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Me too, I just tried to uninstall Preware through Webos quick installer and reinstall and same error. Seems to be working fine after hitting ok.
    yeah same here
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    how do i install 0.85 can u help me out or anyone els???????????i uninstalled and restalled again but it didnt work again i neeed help1!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    how do i install 0.85 can u help me out or anyone els???????????i uninstalled and restalled again but it didnt work again i neeed help1!!!
    this is what I did:
    1. using WOSQI, I uninstalled both Package manager and Preware
    2. then I re-installed both, i.e., Package Manager and preware

I got an error message the first time I ran it, but the next time no error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by james r View Post
    summer smile so everytime preware comes up with a new update you have to reinstall with webos quickinstall it wont update by launching it from the phone
    James, I'm not an expert on this, but I don't think that's always the case. This time, I believe, there's an updated Package Manager Service - that service should always be up to date before installing a new version of PREWARE. It won't let you update Preware over the Pre without the up to date Package Service.

But, you can't update the Package service on Preware at this time, so you have to update it via WOQI. Then you should be able to update Preware on the Pre itself.

If I'm wrong on this, anyone more knowledgeable than I am, please feel free to correct.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    well i did the same exact thing as u and still got the same message but i will try it again its my first time it happend
    i tried to update polar bowling..it supposedly said it updated completed but when i exit and load it again i needed to update it again...so i updated with WOQI

Edit: actually it still didnt work so i went on Preware...removed it and installed it again
    I would say that the safe bet is to first un-install both, Package Manager and Preware then re-install.

Services update use WOSQI
    Patches update use WOSQI
    Apps update or new installs use Preware

With that said Package Mnanger is a service
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    im doing that rite now but if it doesnt work then we have a problem lol does urs work?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    i try to install something it says installed but doesnt show up its wierd and i did unistall preware and the package crap still doesnt work and it says i installed 8.5 but i cant download anything!!!!!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Me too, I just tried to uninstall Preware through Webos quick installer and reinstall and same error. Seems to be working fine after hitting ok.
    Mine said that as well and didn't allow access until I updated the Manager and Preware and did a soft reset. PreYourMind having issues downloading, got one to work but no icon on my launcher..? Everything else is good to go.
    Check your preferences to turn on the VirtualKeyboard patch access. We'll all need to uninstall that soon. Freaked me out for a sec.. heheh

So when I pull up the prompt to change dialer I can't get to the individual images in my folder. It just puts my "Palm Pre Wallpapers" folder in the slot but not able to access individual images. So, I put one shortcut image to my desktop and it doesn't show up as an option to install. I just dragged it in there last time and that's when it just went B&W with no image behind it.
    *EDIT*
    Nevermind. Downloaded some images from the 'dialer wallpapers' thread and got it to work.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...allpapers.html
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/06/2009 at 11:39 PM.
    everything is working find for me. i can download and run new apps.just downloaded blockchalk.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    lol am i the only one that cant get it to work ????
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    am i supposed to uninstall all the patches and tweaks to get it to work?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it just me or when i try to open Preware it just keeps spinning saying its updating...
    Same here all day but has just now worked as I read your post. Others downloaders have worked fine.
    try a reset between uninstall and re-install
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    omfg can someone explain me step by step how u guys did it plz lol im havin some trouble i uninstalled both preware and package then i went to install it again after then i rebooted then clicked on it then some message popped up and i wanted to install the polar bear thing then it said installed then i went to launcher to find it but nothing was there i tryed these steps like 5 times still nothing can somone help me??????
    Robert,

You shouldn't have to uninstall any of your patches or tweaks. Just the Package Manager Service and Preware.

Maybe after you uninstall Package Manager and Preware, you should reboot your phone? Then try a fresh install with WOQI. Package Manager first. Then Preware. (silly question, but you are in dev mode, right?)

If that doesn't work, then reboot both your phone and your computer. Try to make everything as fresh as possible.

I hope you have it running soon.

ETA: IF YOU'RE CONNECTED TO WOQI, just download Polar Bowler through there for now, see if it installs on your Pre.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ok ty i will try ur method