Page 206 of 305 FirstFirst ... 106156196201202203204205206207208209210211216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 6094
    Here is the Preware guide for newbies:

Getting Started: Preware

- Craig
    In my limited experience, the log hasn't been especially long so limited it to a set size should be fine or just have it erase itself everytime Preware starts. Or allow us to do a Copy/Paste from the log that Preware shows. Either method would be extremely helpful.
    Preware is an awesome program-thanks to all who have contributed. I recently removed patches using preware and then uninstalled preware (deleted app from phone, not via webos quickinstall) . I was having trouble removing the MM/DD patch (getting errror message every time) and wanted to start over to see if it would work to get rid of the patch. Quick install showed no patches or themes installed after i uninstalled the MM/DD patch. Thats probably the only fix i needed but I had already removed Preware...so. Package manager installs fine and then Preware appears to install but doesnt show up on the phone. I have gone through the process 4 times , but cant get Preware to show up. Did I screw up by deleting Preware from the phone instead of Quick install ?
    It appears that some patches hang around residually. I had the same problem with the Battery as percent patch. Have you tried running Emergency Patch Recovery from WOQI? The patch didn't show up anywhere but installing it didn't do anything. After running EPR a handful of times over a few weeks, it recently removed it so that I could install the patch again. I know this doesn't offer you a solution, sorry.
    Ive been using Preware for a month without issues. I mistakenly deleted Preware by deleting the app from the phone. I then used Webos QuickInstall to remove package installer. No themes or patches on the phone. Reinstalled package installer which showed up on phone, then Preware appeared to install but is not there. Any Suggestions. Thanks
    i had the same problem..i ended up rebooting and reinstalling using webos qi several times..then i tried the preware standalone installer. after rebooting again and putting my phone in airplane mode (had nothing to do with preware) i just gave up but then Preware just finally appeared after about an hour. don't know what the deal is and i can't offer any specific suggestions but i think the preware installer might have been the one that finally worked because it installed version 9.5 and not the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you doing this over a GSM or 3G connection?

What does the IPKG Log menu say after each install? Anything about corrupted content-length?

-- Rod
    Sorry, lastly it works almost properly (except for a few times I wasn't able to update my feeds).
    If I uninstall Preware and PMS, do I have to uninstall all of the patches first, or can they remain in place? Is there a way to dump a list of all of the patches to a file so that it will be easier to reinstall them later?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    If I uninstall Preware and PMS, do I have to uninstall all of the patches first, or can they remain in place? Is there a way to dump a list of all of the patches to a file so that it will be easier to reinstall them later?
    Why would you want to uninstall Preware?

Everything (including Preware) can stay in place.

ipkg -o /var list_installed will tell you what is installed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Because I am having problems installing new apps because of the "App Storage is Full" message, even though my vitals are below the threshold as mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-method-8.html

So, if I want to uninstall Preware to see if this solves my problem, you are saying that I can leave all of the patches in place and just uninstall Preware and PMS?
    Because I am having problems installing new apps because of the "App Storage is Full" message, even though my vitals are below the threshold as mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-method-8.html

So, if I want to uninstall Preware to see if this solves my problem, you are saying that I can leave all of the patches in place and just uninstall Preware and PMS?
    Just turn off the Partial App Limit Fix in the preferences screen. There is no need to uninstall Preware to disable the Fair Dinkum functionality.

Preware with that preference disabled has absolutely no effect on App Catalog installs.

Prewar with that preference enabled fixes one of the App Catalog install limits for most (but not all) people.

If you have less than 100MiB free in /var, then even the Preware fix cannot fix the app catalog free space limit. You need to use MvApp for that.

There is no circumstance where removing Preware (as opposed to simply disabling the Partial App Limit Fix preference) will make anything better for you (unless you happen to be right on the edge of a limit, where the very small Preware package size coincidentally pushes you over the limit).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Is there a way to force the update of preware and the package manager service within preware?

The other day I saw there was an update for the PMS and Preware (current v0.9.10), I selected to update the PMS first but during the download, I lost EVDO coverage and dropped signal in the middle of the update, it seemed to hang, and I had to close Preware manually. The PMS update seems to have completed but now the update button has disappeared from Preware and it is still at v0.9.10.

I know i can install the updated versions through WebOS Quick Install, I am just curious as Preware shows nothing in the updates.
    Thanks grndslm,

followed it all, did it and still dont have patches, just dont know what is going on or if its a newer version and its been thrown in somewhere else.

any other suggestions??
    OK... at what point are you having problems, and what OS are you using?
    Rod, if I were to run WebOS Doctor and perfrom a complete restore, should I first uninstall all patches and apps or does it not matter? I ask because I will have to install an update in the next month or so for a program that I need to use daily. Thanks.
    Rod, if I were to run WebOS Doctor and perfrom a complete restore, should I first uninstall all patches and apps or does it not matter? I ask because I will have to install an update in the next month or so for a program that I need to use daily. Thanks.
    You can leave them in there it dont matter
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have preware and it works great except it doesn't show updated apps. I went to preferences and the updated apps button is grayed out. How do i get it to look for updated apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by msross View Post
    I have preware and it works great except it doesn't show updated apps. I went to preferences and the updated apps button is grayed out. How do i get it to look for updated apps?

Do you have the most recent version?

I have v.0.9.12 and it shows updates when available. I think that feature in the preferences is for a future version. There is an "Update All" button at the moment that doesn't work when new versions of apps and patches are available.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Forgive me if I'm ignorant on this, but I've been out of the loop for a while slam-packed with work. But anyway, any ideas why my two apps that are on the precentral.net's homebrew feed aren't in PreWare even though that PreCentral feed is "on"?

The apps are "Whois Mobile" and "Geocache Locator"