Page 205 of 305 FirstFirst ... 105155195200201202203204205206207208209210215255 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6094
    Thanks for your thorough response. Most recently, the issue isn't a preware.org feed but I'll keep that in mind.

Preware is just an awesome app. I love how easy it is to use. Thanks for all of your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you doing this over a GSM or 3G connection?

What does the IPKG Log menu say after each install? Anything about corrupted content-length?

-- Rod
    I have the same issue, I'm using a wifi connection. I checked the IPKG log after install, it says there's an md5sum mismatch and says "Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'." However the patch says it installed successfully. I tried executing the ipkg update command, but nothing changed. Any ideas?
    If you upgraded to 1.3.1 without removing a theme, then you're going to be in a world of hurt.

Try the WebOS Repair Utility to fix things, if that doesn't work then it's the Doctor I'm afraid.

You're supposed to remove themes and patches *before* upgrading. EPR can fix Preware patches after the upgrade, but not themes.

-- Rod
    Yea, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I sure won't forget that again .

When I try to run WebOS Repair I'm getting an error message that the WebOSDoctor does not match my WebOS version but I cant seem to find an updated WebOSDoctor for 1.3.1. Any ideas on this or could this be related to me upgrading with the theme installed?
    If you upgraded to 1.3.1 without removing a theme, then you're going to be in a world of hurt.

Try the WebOS Repair Utility to fix things, if that doesn't work then it's the Doctor I'm afraid.

You're supposed to remove themes and patches *before* upgrading. EPR can fix Preware patches after the upgrade, but not themes.

-- Rod
    Rod, please disregard my last message.....looks like I just kept downloading WebOSDoctor until I stumbled across one that was updated for 1.3.1.

On a separate note, thank you SO MUCH for providing such fantastic tools and support to the user community.
    Hi, just got a pre and love it so far, have figured out most things with the help of this fantastic site but... wanted to put the virtual keyboard on, followed instructions and installed preware, its on, loaded and working but I do not have a patches option. it is simply not there, all i have is:
    package updates (greyed out)
    Available packages
    installed packages
    list of everything

I looked in the packages just to make sure but its not in there and I am just drawing a blank. does someone know why and is it fixable?!?

Thanks in advance!
    What is IPKG? I've been trying to install the LED notification for about two hours and i've followed the instructions up until it said available apps > IPKG. Cannot Find It.
    well can u help me with it
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz7809 View Post
    well can u help me with it
    you could use webos repair utility to fix this but you should do a search for it and read up on it . you have to have a certain setting to fix all patches and themes but it will fix it without loseing your personal info too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GIrlWonder View Post
    What is IPKG? I've been trying to install the LED notification for about two hours and i've followed the instructions up until it said available apps > IPKG. Cannot Find It.
    I've been asking that same question here for weeks and no one had get given me any sort of answer. I can read it fine but I want to be able to access it so that I can post it here whenever I need help.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    trying to launch preware getting message package mananger service is not compatible with this ver of preware please update,

where do I get the update or what do I need to do? any help is grateful
    Somewhere previously it was said to update the Pkg Mgr Service BEFORE Preware always. Sometimes there is an update for one and not the other. I have had no problem just updating from within Preware. You could try to use WOQI to reinstall them both. I've done that by removing them and then adding the service first then preware and that has worked for me.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I'm not seeing where you discuss the "Flaws with Preware". This sounds more like a "chair/keyboard interface error" to me.
    what a d**k thing to say when this guy needs help.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Somewhere previously it was said to update the Pkg Mgr Service BEFORE Preware always. Sometimes there is an update for one and not the other. I have had no problem just updating from within Preware. You could try to use WOQI to reinstall them both. I've done that by removing them and then adding the service first then preware and that has worked for me.

Good Luck
    Preware now automatically enforces the correct update ordering.

If you're using WOSQI, install or update the service first - it does not handle package dependencies automatically.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Or just go to the themer section of WebOS quick installer under "tools" at the top, and click "Revert to default theme". Should fix the theme issues.
    Last edited by Bodgingbrom; 11/26/2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: specific names
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    what a d**k thing to say when this guy needs help.
    You're right, it wasn't very nice, or helpful. I initially saw the thread title and read the post, and didn't see any mention of flaws in Preware or otherwise. I should have been less harsh, and more helpful. Apologies to the OP.

EDIT: since thsee threads were merged "OP" isn't really correct, but, yeah...
    Last edited by enormous; 11/27/2009 at 08:15 AM.
    Preware now automatically enforces the correct update ordering.

If you're using WOSQI, install or update the service first - it does not handle package dependencies automatically.

-- Rod
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Where is the IPK Log stored on the Pre? I cannot find this anywhere and I've seen the contents of the logs posted on here. No one has yet answered my numerous posts to try and find out how to do this.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Where is the IPK Log stored on the Pre? I cannot find this anywhere and I've seen the contents of the logs posted on here. No one has yet answered my numerous posts to try and find out how to do this.
    It is not stored anywhere. You can see it by selecting it from the menu in Preware after an installation attempt. Most people find it easiest to screenshot the contents and post the screenshot images.

You can actually see all the messages if trace dbus, but that's for deep diagnostics only.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Well I thought of screenshots but it scrolls so wide. Do people just take enough screenshots to gather all of the info?

Thanks for answering this question. Since it's a log, I figured it was saved somewhere and just overwritten constantly.

Maybe in a future update it can be saved and have a max size?
    Well I thought of screenshots but it scrolls so wide. Do people just take enough screenshots to gather all of the info?

Thanks for answering this question. Since it's a log, I figured it was saved somewhere and just overwritten constantly.

Maybe in a future update it can be saved and have a max size?
    Just the start of the lines is usually enough to determine the problem.

That's a good idea about saving it somewhere.

-- Rod