Page 204 of 305 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254304 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 6094
    Anyone else seeing that dates on files are all 11/24/09 11:46pm? so sorting by date/time does nothing but show alphabetical listing.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    Does PreWare update previously installed patches or do I need to remove the patch and install the updated version myself?
    To date, I've had good luck just doing the update without doing a remove first. That said, however, I haven't looked at the script, so I don't know if it's getting a good backup that way or not.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I'm not sure what is happening, if it's this or something else. I download Package Manager Service, then Preware, and it says it's downloading but when I look at my phone it is not. Preware is missing or disappeared or not really installed.

I've been using this for months, and have installed it for other people. I know what I'm doing but apparently something is amiss. Any ideas? PLEASE??

UPDATE: Went to [url] and downloaded the PrewareInstaller-0.9.5.jar 08-Nov-2009 10:56 379K and installed it. I had tried the .exe file and it didn't work. Wah-lah ... it was FINALLY there! whew~
    Ok, so I was unistalling package manager and preware through webOS QI today. I removed it so that I could install a new app from the Pre app store,a problem that I've been having with package manager service since version 0.9.13 where it says I don't enough memory to install new apps. So, I got the new app and then I tried to reinstall PMS and Preware through WebOS QI, package manager first and then Preware but Preware would not show up in my launcher even though it showed that it had installed on WebOS QI. I even reset the phone, did a luna and java reset. So then I decide to just unistall package manager service and try again but then WebOS QI gave me an error saying "error 18" and it was unable to unistall the PMS.

With that all said now my phone shows offline, I've tried numerous resets and I pulled the battery but nothing works. I know that the issue is with PMS/Preware/WebOS QI because I made a few phone calls after I originally unistalled PMS and Preware and after I downloaded the new app (accuweather premium).

So, anybody have any idea what could have happened? How could PMS/Preware/WebOS QI have anything to do with the phone mode?

TIA.
    alright sounds good... thanks!
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ive had to remove the patch and reinstall. Evertyime i have to update a patch, when i click on upgrade it says you must remove the patch then reinstall
    I updated Preware 2 days ago to 0.9.12 and Service Manager to 0.9.21, everything works fine, but I do not see any updates since then... Anyone else?
    I tried the feeds to update manually without effort.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Just ran Preware, and the 101 patches I don't have installed, are showing as dated today.

My 30+ installed patches show todays date, but the rev numbers I know haven't changed. The only patch that shows older (1 week), is the Virtual Keyboard).

Nothing is indicated for updating...

Que pasta?

Regards,
    -JerryG

PS - latest versions of Preware and PM service.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Just ran Preware, and the 101 patches I don't have installed, are showing as dated today.

My 30+ installed patches show todays date, but the rev numbers I know haven't changed. The only patch that shows older (1 week), is the Virtual Keyboard).

Nothing is indicated for updating...

Que pasta?

Regards,
    -JerryG

PS - latest versions of Preware and PM service.
    The autobuilder had a disk controller failure, so we had to quickly move to the backup server (which is here in Australia). That meant that every package in the feeds was rebuilt, and therefore the date is updated.

No need to reinstall anything unless the version changes and Preware shows it as needing an update.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Rod, got it. Build date versus date of last modification. And no, I didn't think I needed to install/reinstall/update (yada yada) anything.

Thanks for the info!

Need help for a new controller?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Whenever i try to load up Preware the loading circle shows up and it says checking version. I have no idea whats wrong with it.
    you may not have good connection? i would reinstall it with webos QI so delete it and reinstall and try again that will tell you if it is just a bad connection
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hey,
    I recently downloaded preware and web OS quick installer onto my computer and phone and everything was working fine until i tried to download some stuff from preware. when i tried to download some of the patches it would say error. But thats not my main problem i had the mac osx theme on my phone and it was fine no problems with it but when i erased it and downloaded a new theme (Blue and Neon) everything started to go wrong. I thought it was cool but i wanted to switch it back to my old mac theme. I uninstalled the theme and reinstalled the mac osx theme. what i notice was some of the icons and the stuff was still the blue and neon theme. when i uninstalled the mac one again to get to my normal pre theme it still had all the icons blue and neon themed. i tried installing that theme again and uninstalling it numerous times. Now im really confused and if anything just want my phone back to the way i bought it. Can anyone help me and tell me how to fix it. It would be much appreciated. Thank You. =)
    I'm not seeing where you discuss the "Flaws with Preware". This sounds more like a "chair/keyboard interface error" to me.
    I upgraded to 1.3.1, ran WebOSRepairUtility to remove all old themes and patches, upgraded Preware and reinstalled all of my patches but for some reason Preware will not install themes. When I try I get the "IPKG Log Error." Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0kdh View Post
    I upgraded to 1.3.1, upgraded Preware and reinstalled all of my patches but for some reason Preware will not install themes. When I try I get the "IPKG Log Error." Any thoughts?

Thanks
    My first thought is to wonder what the IPKG Log says? Look in the menu.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My first thought is to wonder what the IPKG Log says? Look in the menu.

-- Rod
    I didn't see anything in the log that really pointed to a specific issue, and while I script I don't know java. It acts like my theme is 1/2 uninstalled from when I reverted using WebOSQuickInstall. I upgraded to 1.3.1 before removing my theme so I'm hoping I didn't bone something up. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0kdh View Post
    I didn't see anything in the log that really pointed to a specific issue, and while I script I don't know java. It acts like my theme is 1/2 uninstalled from when I reverted using WebOSQuickInstall. I upgraded to 1.3.1 before removing my theme so I'm hoping I didn't bone something up. lol
    If you upgraded to 1.3.1 without removing a theme, then you're going to be in a world of hurt.

Try the WebOS Repair Utility to fix things, if that doesn't work then it's the Doctor I'm afraid.

You're supposed to remove themes and patches *before* upgrading. EPR can fix Preware patches after the upgrade, but not themes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you upgraded to 1.3.1 without removing a theme, then you're going to be in a world of hurt.

Try the WebOS Repair Utility to fix things, if that doesn't work then it's the Doctor I'm afraid.

You're supposed to remove themes and patches *before* upgrading. EPR can fix Preware patches after the upgrade, but not themes.

-- Rod
    world of hurt...now thats funny
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Need help for a new controller?
    It's all sorted, thanks. New hardware bought with WebOS Internals donations. The autobuilder is back up and running again.

-- Rod