Page 203 of 305 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213253303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    The log recommends I run "IPKG update" but I'm not sure how to do that.
    The "Update Feeds" menu item. Make sure you're connected to the network when you do it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i keep on seeing the changelog everytime i open preware
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i keep on seeing the changelog everytime i open preware
    Thanks, we believe it's fixed in the git source code repo, and I'm just waiting to see whether everything else has been fixed before going through the effort of putting out a new version.

Can I please get some reports from those people who were having Package Manager Service not running problems, so I know whether they are now fixed or not?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi, I've a little problem with preware. It installs things only some times. It works right now, later don't later it works again... I'm talking about apps, but some patches seem to not install properly too.

The curious thing is it seems it does properly and the app appears installed in preware, but if you exit preware the app (or patch) isn't installed, and if you restart preware appears as not installed.

Any clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Hi, I've a little problem with preware. It installs things only some times. It works right now, later don't later it works again... I'm talking about apps, but some patches seem to not install properly too.

The curious thing is it seems it does properly and the app appears installed in preware, but if you exit preware the app (or patch) isn't installed, and if you restart preware appears as not installed.

Any clue?
    Are you doing this over a GSM or 3G connection?

What does the IPKG Log menu say after each install? Anything about corrupted content-length?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    i just did a web os install on preware using its internal download packinging service.

afterwards it install preware and package manager service .9.12..

reading the forums.. it mentions that preware 9.1 and up can be updated via preware.. but no updates are available on the pixi... already tried manually updating feeds but nothing new shows up besides updates for a couple of my apps..

how do i update this??

please assist.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I run the webos doctor and got my apps removed...where can i download the latest version of preware? Im trying to install the 0.9.4 via computer but it says failed.. Pls help...
    This will explain a couple ways:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Though the suggested way is to use WebOS Quick Install and use the Feeds to grab the latest preware
    Try this and then update it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Where do we get the latest version if we uninstall Preware and have to install with QI? I'm back on OS 1.2 for now so that MyTether works right. As of now I have Package Manager 0.9.2.1 and PreWare 0.9.12
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Where do we get the latest version if we uninstall Preware and have to install with QI? I'm back on OS 1.2 for now so that MyTether works right. As of now I have Package Manager 0.9.2.1 and PreWare 0.9.12
    Those are the latest versions.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

If there is anyone still with a "Package Manager Service is not running" problem after updating and rebooting your Pre, please let us know.

-- Rod
    I'm not sure what is happening, if it's this or something else. I download Package Manager Service, then Preware, and it says it's downloading but when I look at my phone it is not. Preware is missing or disappeared or not really installed.

I've been using this for months, and have installed it for other people. I know what I'm doing but apparently something is amiss. Any ideas? PLEASE??

UPDATE: Went to http://get.preware.org/ and downloaded the PrewareInstaller-0.9.5.jar 08-Nov-2009 10:56 379K and installed it. I had tried the .exe file and it didn't work. Wah-lah ... it was FINALLY there! whew~
    Last edited by kmpisme; 11/25/2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: update
    i'm having a similar problem. i tried upgrading the package manager service yesterday using preware but the install failed because that too many cards open notification popped up. then the update options in preware disappeared.

i removed both the service and preware using webos quick install. when i tried to reinstall them again preware is nowhere to be found on the device. i installed package manager first as always and then preware but it's just not showing up on my phone. i rebooted and tried installing again but nothing.

please help.

Update: i even tried using the preware installer. says it installed successfully and it should appear on my phone but i still don't see preware. i restarted countless times and even pulled the battery. no dice.

Update 2: someone is going to call me crazy but the app just appeared over an hour later....i don't know how but i left my phone in airplane mode and when i looked again the app was there. before this i tried looking for the app even tried using universal search and NOTHING..i swear. but it doesn't matter it's here now.
    Last edited by laestrella; 11/25/2009 at 09:57 AM.
  14. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I am seeing issues with PreWare today. I tried installing Palm Reader (which the developer says it at 0.2.8) and PreWare says it is at 0.2.6, when I try and install it I get an error 'wget server returned errorr: 404 not found', and if I browse on my computer to Index of /feeds/precentral and then click on com.popelli.reader_0.2.6_all.ipk I also get a 404, which seems to happen on all of the reader ipk's, as well as a number of others, but some do work. Not sure what's up, but it seems to be server related in some way.

Tom
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I did a full erase reset, installed the latest preware and pkg mngr via quickinstall, and have had no problems for the 3 days I've been using it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    help?
    I'm pretty sure this is what you need. There is a contact link and it shows what information you need to submit.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...per-forum.html
    In preware, once its installed it has a listing for available updates for packages installed. Its the top catgory when you launch preware. In there you should find any updates associated to packages installed on your pixi/pre and one of those should be preware and possible the package manager.
    when you start preware if you don't see an update colume then there is no update for it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->