Page 202 of 305 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202203204205206207212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 6094
    Themes are not installing correctly thru preware, any ideas? I was trying to install one from prethemer.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Good news, after about 4 hours of solid debugging this problem tonight, I'm pretty sure I have finally cracked it.

If you can get a command line on your Pre, run the following command:

mv /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf.disabled /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf

then reboot your Pre. Your package manager service not running problem should disappear. Do not disable the webos-patches feed until the next version of the Package Manager Service is released.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, that did it! I had completely forgot about disabling the patches feed. Hope that didn't throw you off too much. With all of the posts of people having trouble uninstalling patches and themes, I decided to wait a while before installing any patches. I tend to forget things, so I could see myself having problems.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Seems after updating to the latest Package Manager Service and Preware, I now recieve the dreaded "too many apps" error when trying to download from the app catalog. I thought that the package manager service had the app limit fix with it as well. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    JayKC, I didn't have any problems loading a new app catalog program after upgrading preware/package manager. I know I'm over the 'palm app limit' because I get a too many apps error when trying to test changes via eclipse... I have to package up the changes and install it via webosqi or filecoaster url download.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Seems after updating to the latest Package Manager Service and Preware, I now recieve the dreaded "too many apps" error when trying to download from the app catalog. I thought that the package manager service had the app limit fix with it as well. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Does the problem go away if you turn off the partial app limit fix preference?

-- Rod
    After updating to 1.3.1 and installing the latest Preware & Package Manager this morning my Available Patches aren't showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    After updating to 1.3.1 and installing the latest Preware & Package Manager this morning my Available Patches aren't showing up.
    Did you update your feeds?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Does the problem go away if you turn off the partial app limit fix preference?

-- Rod
    Nope I tried to remove the preference, restart and it didn't help. I also tried to turn it back on with no luck...
    Nope I tried to remove the preference, restart and it didn't help. I also tried to turn it back on with no luck...
    You've likely hit the "less than 100MiB free in /var" safety net limit then. See the MvApp application for a way to work-around that one.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    You've likely hit the "less than 100MiB free in /var" safety net limit then. See the MvApp application for a way to work-around that one.

-- Rod
    Would that matter if I have deleted about 3 apps and it still won't allow me to download 1? If I just hit the limit wouldn't I be able to remove 1 or 2 and be back under the limit (and the app sizes I deleted sound have freed up enough to install the one)?
    Would that matter if I have deleted about 3 apps and it still won't allow me to download 1? If I just hit the limit wouldn't I be able to remove 1 or 2 and be back under the limit (and the app sizes I deleted sound have freed up enough to install the one)?
    What does the output of

df /var

say?

-- Rod
    Did you update your feeds?

-- Rod
    Yes I updated my feeds, Is there anything else I need to install besides package manager

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    What does the output of

df /var

say?

-- Rod
    You were right. After looking at the numbers I was closer than I thought... hope Palm fixes this soon! Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by htpcMe View Post
    Nope, I haven't found an answer and noone seems to have this problem. I'll post an answer here if it does not involve WebOSDoctor or other drastic measures.
    Well, I was able to get the patches I like installed through the WebOS Quick Install utility, but still can't get PreWare to install anything. It sees the feeds, and begins the install process, even provides the scripting caution, but then errors out with the following statements:

First I get the error pop-up here -
    ====
    PATCH
    Error installing: See IPKG Log

Ok
    IPKG Log
    ====

I select IPKG Log, and see this -
    ====
    Install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3(1.2.1-3) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-3_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-1F5ccW http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-3_all.ipk'
    Failed to download org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

FAILED
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    ====

The log recommends I run "IPKG update" but I'm not sure how to do that.

PreWare does show the patches I installed through WebOS Quick Install as being installed, and will remove those patches (at least the one I tried). But I can't get it to install anything itself.

Any ideas from anywhere would be appreciated. I love my Pre, I love the patches, I love the work all the experts have put in, and I love PreWare as the way to customize my device.

Thanks!
    Yes I updated my feeds, Is there anything else I need to install besides package manager

A little help guys im going crazy over here trying to get my Available Patches to show up.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    A little help guys im going crazy over here trying to get my Available Patches to show up.
    Have you installed patches in the past, and maybe forgot to remove them before updating to 1.3.1?
    I was thinking the same thing, so I used WebOSDoctor and started 1.3.1 from scratch. I may need to try it again.

Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I was thinking the same thing, so I used WebOSDoctor and started 1.3.1 from scratch. I may need to try it again.

Thanks for your help
    Before you run the Doctor again, can you try to delete Preware and Package Manager Service? You can then reinstall them via WebOS Quick Install (Package Manager must be installed before Preware). It might be worth a try...maybe less work than the Doctor.
    Okay, ill Report back
    Okay after using webosdoctor again everything is working again, Thanks again for your help