Page 201 of 305 FirstFirst ... 101151191196197198199200201202203204205206211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When patches are applied, we do a dry-run pass first to make sure that *all* of the patch is going to apply successfully *before* modifying any files.

So if a patch fails to apply, absolutely no file on the filesystem has been touched. You need to manually run the patch command to see the failure .rej files - I would suggest you *only* do this on the emulator (and create a snapshot in the emulator before you do so), cause it will leave your phone in a half-patched state (which is not a good thing).

-- Rod
    Do I need to worry about/is there some way to - mirror my phone in the emulator? I'm guessing that it is just my phone that is having issues with the command line patch, and that it must be soething with my phone.

I would think that running the standard emulator will not show me the issue with my phone, no?

db

EDIT: Nevermind, I know what you mean.
    Last edited by dbtrade; 11/22/2009 at 12:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok, one more issue that i was having before the 1.3.1 update, and now it is still here. at one point i installed a theme that changed the "calendar" icon on my menu bar. I have since then uninstalled that theme and that icon stayed. the only way that i have found to make it go away is by installing a new theme that has their own icon for the calendar button.
    So I just upgraded my pc to win7 as well i had to start from scratch on my pre.
    I don't have any problem to install the file coaster as well i can install apps with it as well but for some reason I cant install prewere it gives me an error every time, it says "The program installation appears to have failed" .
    I re downloaded prewere as well as webosdoc to go with it.
    My Novocam seams to work fine.
    I don't know what to do plz help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by htpcMe View Post
    I am having a problem installing apps with Preware (v. 0.9.9). I receive the following error message:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg ...."
    wget: content-length 386 is garbage

I get this error when I try to install apps over 3G. When installing over Wifi it works great. Installing Patches over 3G or Wifi works too. The palm appcatalog and file coaster work over 3G and Wifi as well. I am using a Pre with 1.3.1

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Did you ever get any support for this issue? I have a very similar problem (actually, probably the same problem with different files involved).

Let me know... thanks!
    I just bought another pre for my wife today. After installing preware, the patch section did not show up. The feed is turned on, however, the url (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.1.0) is different than my other phone (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.3.0). My other phone shows the patches...both phones have preware v0.9.10 with identical settings. I have tried deleting and reinstalling preware and the pkg manager and it still is not working. Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ok sorry for sounding too much like a dummy but
    how do i "submit to precentral"

thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by kushanj1 View Post
    ok sorry for sounding too much like a dummy but
    how do i "submit to precentral"

thanks again
    Click on the 'apps' link at the top of the page you are looking it, and follow the directions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    the directions are for getting filecoaster on to my pre.... but does filecoaster allow me to upload my own app onto their feed?
    run the update program on your wife's pre
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    ok now i want to update my keyboard and to do that it says you have to remove it, but whenever i try to remove it i get an error.
    Feature request:

Is it possible to have Preware just skip over feeds that aren't working? It's a little tedious to go down the list of enabling/disabling feeds in order to figure out which one isn't working so that all of the working feeds update correctly.

Thanks for all of your hard work. This app is just awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Feature request:

Is it possible to have Preware just skip over feeds that aren't working? It's a little tedious to go down the list of enabling/disabling feeds in order to figure out which one isn't working so that all of the working feeds update correctly.
    Unfortunately, at the moment, it is not possible.

In the future, we plan to rewrite the Java-based Package Manager Service in C, which will allow us to do a tighter integration with libipkg (instead of the ipkg executable), and get better progress messages and control relating to downloading feeds and packages.

But this is some way off - we still have to get to a Preware 1.0 before we consider a transition to a C based service.

If you are having problems with feeds from preware.org, then I'd like to know about it, cause as far as we know preware.org feeds are highly robust. If you are having problems with feeds that are not hosted on preware.org, then you need to talk to the feed supplier to make them more robust.

You can see the origin of each feed in the Manage Feeds page.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    the package manager service not running is back again. I'll try the alpha preware version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No luck for me. Does this alpha version write out any logging information? With previous versions I could at least get Preware to work after installing both packages before I restarted my phone. This time I got the 'package manager service not running' error before I restarted. I wish I had time to get on the IRC to help debug this. I'm more than willing to troubleshoot some on my own and report back to you if there is anything you can tell me to look at/for. I am an experienced developer, this is just a new environment for me and I don't know where to look.
    Good news, after about 4 hours of solid debugging this problem tonight, I'm pretty sure I have finally cracked it.

If you can get a command line on your Pre, run the following command:

mv /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf.disabled /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf

then reboot your Pre. Your package manager service not running problem should disappear. Do not disable the webos-patches feed until the next version of the Package Manager Service is released.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After updating Preware to the latest version a few days ago, it doesn't recognize all of the 'installed packages' as it did before. I haven't really noticed anything else not working. I have been able to install apps and (most) patches without any problems. I was just curious why this might be happening. My wife's Pre has the latest update and it successfully shows ALL installed packages. Mine seems to only show the packages that have been installed since the last update. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocKettel View Post
    After updating Preware to the latest version a few days ago, it doesn't recognize all of the 'installed packages' as it did before. I haven't really noticed anything else not working. I have been able to install apps and (most) patches without any problems. I was just curious why this might be happening. My wife's Pre has the latest update and it successfully shows ALL installed packages. Mine seems to only show the packages that have been installed since the last update. Any ideas?
    Did you do any sort of partial or full erase?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    Did you ever get any support for this issue? I have a very similar problem (actually, probably the same problem with different files involved).

Let me know... thanks!
    Nope, I haven't found an answer and noone seems to have this problem. I'll post an answer here if it does not involve WebOSDoctor or other drastic measures.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Did you do any sort of partial or full erase?

-- Rod
    Nope. I've never done any sort of erase. Just homebrew and some patches, none of which (patches) are currently installed.

Also, I just updated to 9.12 and still have the same issue
    Last edited by DocKettel; 11/23/2009 at 07:52 AM.
    Good news, after about 4 hours of solid debugging this problem tonight, I'm pretty sure I have finally cracked it.

If you can get a command line on your Pre, run the following command:

mv /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf.disabled /var/etc/ipkg/webos-patches.conf

then reboot your Pre. Your package manager service not running problem should disappear. Do not disable the webos-patches feed until the next version of the Package Manager Service is released.
    This fix is now in Package Manager Service 0.9.21 - but if you are experiencing this problem you will either need to run the command above, or use WebOS Quick Install to update the Package Manager Service (anyone who is not experiencing this bug should just update the Package Manager Service using Preware are usual).

Preware 0.9.12 is also released, including categories for themes, and a preference for enabling or disabling the partial app limit fix (formerly known as Fair Dinkum, but recently included in the Package Manager Service, and now made optional via a preference toggle).

If there is anyone still with a "Package Manager Service is not running" problem after updating and rebooting your Pre, please let us know.

-- Rod
    I remember a while back that we had to apply the updates for Preware and the Package Manager Service in a certain order. Does that apply here? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    I remember a while back that we had to apply the updates for Preware and the Package Manager Service in a certain order. Does that apply here? Thanks!
    Preware should automatically force you to update things in the right order now.

-- Rod