Page 200 of 305 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210250300 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    How do I access that directory--because I didn't see it in usb mode? Developer mode?

I think in all cases just prior to noticing the package manager service not running error, I had updated the package manager via preware because an update was available.
    You can access it from the terminal application (to copy to /media/internal) or WebOSQI from the linux prompt or the tools->receive file menu item.

rwhitby, I have some messages files I can send, some of which had an interesting event sequence in them (repeated attempts to respawn). How can I send them to you?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/20/2009 at 11:28 PM.
    Try webos repair utility first....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have had similar issues before and was able to remove both with Quick Install through device management. Then, i would reinstall the correct one with preware. might try that.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    There is a program called EPR Emergency Patch Removal I think. I am looking for it right now. I downloaded it with Preware and it helped me back out of old patches and install new ones on 1.3.1. I needed to run it to get patches under 1.3.1. Worked beautifully.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
    I'm not sure why this is happening but when I try to install the "New Card Per Convo" patch to my messaging app, Preware gives me an error saying "Patch already installed?". It shows two hunks succeeding, then gives me that error.

Little bit of background info :

Ran EPR before updating to 1.3.1 on Thursday night.
    Update went fine, re-installed about 30 patches via Preware (but NOT "New Card Per Convo"), no issues.
    Playing around with the list of remaining patches I saw "New Card Per Convo" in there and thought I'd give it a shot since I just started using my Pre for AIM during the day. Tried to install, no dice.
    Last edited by themirthfulswami; 11/21/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Is it necessary use the gain linux access on the wiki if all you want to do is usw Winscp and sudo. I notice the optware options in preware and was just curious.
    I tried installing the command line patch using PreWare. The installation fails during the post-installation script. The report says it is saving the rejected operations file, but when I scp into the phone, the file is not there.
    I think that this article includes all of the suggestions you have gotten so far along with the links:

Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes.

The links to the WebOS Repair Utility and instructions are there as well as when to use webOS Quick Install, etc.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have an app that i made and was wondering how exactly to put it up on preware.. i have searched so much and cant find anything

help please
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You can access it from the terminal application (to copy to /media/internal) or WebOSQI from the linux prompt or the tools->receive file menu item.

rwhitby, I have some messages files I can send, some of which had an interesting event sequence in them (repeated attempts to respawn). How can I send them to you?
    If you're seeing org.webosinternals.ipkgservice respawn every minute, that is expected. The Package Manager Service should continue running without interruption if everything is working correctly - the respawning job just does a status call to make sure it is still running, and restarts it if it is not. It does not actually restart the Package Manager Service if it's already running.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is it necessary use the gain linux access on the wiki if all you want to do is usw Winscp and sudo. I notice the optware options in preware and was just curious.
    No, it is not.

The optware packages that have been included in Preware are designed to allow you to run ssh and scp operations without needing to access the Pre command line. However, for security reasons, it does not use passwords (you need to set up a secure ssh key on your trusted host machine, and copy the public part of it onto the Pre) and will only work over wifi, not evdo (you can manually modify the startup script to enable this if desired).

The HomePage links for Dropbear and OpenSSH have instructions on how to use these packages. They are wiki pages, so feel free to improve them.

Once we have a very good new-user set of instructions for using these packages through Preware, we expect to deprecate the command line instructions.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    I tried installing the command line patch using PreWare. The installation fails during the post-installation script. The report says it is saving the rejected operations file, but when I scp into the phone, the file is not there.
    When patches are applied, we do a dry-run pass first to make sure that *all* of the patch is going to apply successfully *before* modifying any files.

So if a patch fails to apply, absolutely no file on the filesystem has been touched. You need to manually run the patch command to see the failure .rej files - I would suggest you *only* do this on the emulator (and create a snapshot in the emulator before you do so), cause it will leave your phone in a half-patched state (which is not a good thing).

-- Rod
    You need to submit your app to Pre Central and it will get picked up by the Pre Central feed and show up in Preware.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am fairly new at this. I have installed preware on my phone along with a few patches/homebrew apps. What exactly do I need to remove before updating to 1.3.1? Do I need to just uninstally themes/patches or apps as well? How about the package manager service?

I have already told the phone to do the update later and it said the next time I charge the update will be installed. I know this has been asked before but I cannot find the info I need without spending days reading the forums.

Please help!!!
    just open preware and go into list of everything and start typing emergency recovery patch and install it ,it will delete all patches and then delete itself . then uninstall any theme you have installed then do the update . your good to go then
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kushanj1 View Post
    I have an app that i made and was wondering how exactly to put it up on preware.. i have searched so much and cant find anything

help please
    If the application does not require a custom service or plugin, then just submit it to PreCentral and it will automatically appear in Preware, WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad and fileCoaster.

If it does require a custom service or plugin, then we suggest you contact WebOS Internals and we will assist you in creating and distributing those things in a way that is safe and secure via Preware, WebOS Quick Install and PreLoad.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok, so i am not the most talented person when it comes to the "behind the scenes" stuff with the pre. today i updated my webos to the 1.3.1 version. as a result, i needed to upgrade my preware version. Both were done successfully. However, the patches that i had installed before getting the upgrades are no longer working. I went into preware and tried to upgrade them and it says that i need to remove them. When i try to remove them, i get an error. And it won't let me just go and download the patch again, because it thinks that i already have it installed. The patches that i am talking about are the more common ones, keyboard, text ringtones, 4x4 launchpad buttons etc. does anyone have any help with this matter?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    ok, so i am not the most talented person when it comes to the "behind the scenes" stuff with the pre. today i updated my webos to the 1.3.1 version. as a result, i needed to upgrade my preware version. Both were done successfully. However, the patches that i had installed before getting the upgrades are no longer working. I went into preware and tried to upgrade them and it says that i need to remove them. When i try to remove them, i get an error. And it won't let me just go and download the patch again, because it thinks that i already have it installed. The patches that i am talking about are the more common ones, keyboard, text ringtones, 4x4 launchpad buttons etc. does anyone have any help with this matter?
    You need to run Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware. This will remove all patches on the device.

To find it, open Preware>List of Everything, and type Emergency. After you run EPR, run Luna Manager or restart the device. You can then reinstall the patches you want.
    Last edited by gc916; 11/21/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Misnamed EPR
    since ive downloaded the update to my phone (palm pre) i have not been able to download this app to my phone, what can i do so i will be able to install this app again?
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanic1086 View Post
    since ive downloaded the update to my phone (palm pre) i have not been able to download this app to my phone, what can i do so i will be able to install this app again?
    Follow the instructions in the first post on page one of this thread...EXACTLY