Page 20 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
    Where did the keyboard patch go? How do we remove it now before new update? thanks
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Where did the keyboard patch go? How do we remove it now before new update? thanks
    See the second reply in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1872810-post340.html
    I saw updates were available to package manager and preware this morning. I updated preware, and received the message that package manager could only be updated using webosqi. As I recall, I installed package manger first, before preware initially. For the update, can I just install the updated package manager using webosqi, or need I also install updated preware afterwards? Preware seems not to want to work without the updated package manager. Thanks.
    Hi all,

Got my Pre back in June right when it first came out. Haven't had any significant issues, but the whole idea behind buying it is that unlike the iPhone, it's open source! It's not an iPhone killer...yet... But it will be, and quickly. And it's all thanks to the hardworking folks that tinker around with javascript, Linux, and all of the other frameworks that make up this fantastic device.

Kudos to you all, you rock!

Dave
    So..Is the best (non-cmd line) way to update both Preware and Package Service to uninstall both and reinstall via WebOSQI?
    I am havin the same problem...tried updating via preload...but that was a no go...any ideas? I'm currently at work so using quickinstall won't work at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's a service that has nothing to do with Preware.

If you wish to simply discuss something Preware can install, please inquire elsewhere.

But if you wish to discuss Preware or the Package Manager Service, feel free to use this thread.

The new version defaults to not display installed packages as "available". You can change this in the preferences scene accessible from the app menu of the main scene. Or as rwhitby said, you can find it in the installed packages list or in the "list of everything."

And if you still have trouble finding it in any of those lists, you can start typing the name and it will filter to that item in the list.

Thanx man I found it but in case I need to uninstall I uninstall the virtual keyboard and gnu patch come with the virtual keyboard or is something different????
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is 0.8.3 out? I don't see it, I thought 0.8.2 was the latest.
    Maybe I was just psychic, since it's out today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Maybe I was just psychic, since it's out today.
    Yep...already updated it. Now....can you give me the lottery numbers for tomorrow?
    hey rwhitby or oil can u give me the latest ipk file for package manager service for some reason i cant get into the feeds on webOS quick install and i cant update to the newest service....thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey rwhitby or oil can u give me the latest ipk file for package manager service for some reason i cant get into the feeds on webOS quick install and i cant update to the newest service....thank you!
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Designated_david View Post
    Hi all,

Got my Pre back in June right when it first came out. Haven't had any significant issues, but the whole idea behind buying it is that unlike the iPhone, it's open source! It's not an iPhone killer...yet... But it will be, and quickly. And it's all thanks to the hardworking folks that tinker around with javascript, Linux, and all of the other frameworks that make up this fantastic device.

Kudos to you all, you rock!

Dave
    Thanks Dave.

One note - webOS is not open source. Palm has used open source code for the Linux kernel and other infrastructure, but webOS itself is proprietary Palm code, not open source.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    my preware wont load,i have 7.7 do i have to redownload 8 to get it to work again. i thought it would update itself thanks jim
    Yes, you have to download 0.8.2 (.3, now?)

BUT FIRST, you have to update the Package Manager Service. You can do that through WebOSQuickInstall.

Good luck.
    There was a new update for the Preware I just installed it. Before the keyboard patch always showed up now it does not.

Found out its normal.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post

BUT FIRST, you have to update the Package Manager Service. You can do that through WebOSQuickInstall.
    How do i do that exactly???
    Pull up and tap into QuickInstall, then what?

..and after that it's cool to update PreWare from my phone ya? (Still @ 0.8.0)

Another quick question:
    I attempted to change my dialer pad from the MOD page. I dragged an image into the 'wallpaper' section but the dialer ended up just being black and white. (which is kinda cool) BUT now my phone service keeps cutting out.?. Did I do something wrong or just a strange coinkydink? I don't understand how to properly change those images in dialer and boot image section. Lil' help.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/06/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    How do i do that exactly???
    Pull up and tap into QuickInstall, then what?

..and after that it's cool to update PreWare from my phone ya? (Still @ 0.8.0)
    Click on the third button down on the right side of WOQI - the one that looks like a hard drive. At the top of the new menu, it'll say "precentral app gallery feed" - you need to change that to "WebOS Internals Feed - All", then select the Package Manager and install it.

Then download Preware and install it after you've updated the Package Manager.

EDIT: Uncheck the mod for Dialer Pad. Let your phone refresh (looks like it's rebooting, but it's not). Then check it again and choose the file from your computer's hard drive at the prompt. Let it refresh fully before choosing anything else. This should hopefully fix it.
    summer smile so everytime preware comes up with a new update you have to reinstall with webos quickinstall it wont update by launching it from the phone
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hi guys i really need help evrytime i try to connect to preware it says updating then loading and then a message pops up and says TypeError: Cannot call method 'toLowerCase' of undefined what am i doing rong? it used to work until today am i the only on with the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    Hi guys i really need help evrytime i try to connect to preware it says updating then loading and then a message pops up and says TypeError: Cannot call method 'toLowerCase' of undefined what am i doing rong? it used to work until today am i the only on with the problem?
    Me too, I just tried to uninstall Preware through Webos quick installer and reinstall and same error. Seems to be working fine after hitting ok.