Page 199 of 305 FirstFirst ... 99149189194195196197198199200201202203204209249299 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 6094
    After installed the last pre os update, I have some patches that say that is an update for them, but they need to be uninstall in order to do the update....but I can;t uninstall them it is giving me an error message, how I can get this to work...???.... any ideas?????
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    the package manager service not running is back again. I'll try the alpha preware version.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    no change in not running error using the pms alpha ver.
    Hey there,

Forgive me if this has been answered before. I've searched around and didn't find a definite answer.

I have Preware and Filecoaster installed on my phone, as well as a few apps and patches. My phone is wanting to upgrade to 1.3.1. I read a few threads that said I should remove all patches and apps. Is it sufficient to just remove the apps and patches using Preware? Is there anything else I need to do before the upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated...

- Erik
    Most believe that is plenty. There is also a tool called Emergency Patch Remover Tool, which is a bit more thorough.

I personally just Dr. my phone, but you should be well off if you just uninstall in preware.
    All apps are OK to stay, including Preware.

You do need to remove any patches/tweaks before updating... you can do this individually through Preware, or you can run the Emergency Patch Recovery also available through Preware.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    1. trying to install preware on my friend's pre. When i run webos quickinstall, it constantly says no device detected...It's in Dev mode and i've connected it as Just Charge.... what gives
    It could be a number of things, make sure it shows that it is charging (to test the USB port)

You can try a restart of the pre or the computer.

Make sure the version of Quick Install supports the current version of the Pre you are using.

Also, if that doesn't work go into the properties of Quick Install and click Attempt (re)installation of Novacom
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would suggest that you post questions related to Preware in the webos-internals forums, as they're the folks responsible for the program. You're more likely to get a timely response there.
    has anyone had this problem i was updating preware and accidently uninstalled it and after it got done my regular keyboard stopped working completely and when i plug it up to my laptop instead of giving me the option to access it as a usb drive or media drive it just starts charging. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    1), did you have the patch installed for just charge?
    2), did you try to power cycle your phone to see if it brings back the keyboard?
    3), did you try to re-install preware?
    4), you can always use the webos repair utility from Canuck available in the forums.
    5), last resort there is always the doctor.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    no change in not running error using the pms alpha ver.
    Can you send me your /var/log/messages file?

Did you wait until the carrier signal bars re-appeared before starting Preware?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sounding like a webos doctor canidate. Could even use the Repair utility found here to see if it can catch the bad script controlling your keyboard. Tried a restart yet?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    1. trying to install preware on my friend's pre. When i run webos quickinstall, it constantly says no device detected...It's in Dev mode and i've connected it as Just Charge.... what gives
    Try reinstalling NovaCom?
    There are a lot of posts on this, you should search before asking questions, especially before creating two threads.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ze-my-pre.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ct-web-os.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-detected.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-preware.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...te-device.html

I'm sure there's a solution in one of these. Or the other 50+ threads with the same topic.

Teach a man to fish.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    How do I access that directory--because I didn't see it in usb mode? Developer mode?

I think in all cases just prior to noticing the package manager service not running error, I had updated the package manager via preware because an update was available.
    thanks guys. I'm going to give it a go.
    So I have been using Preware for a while, and I thought I was pretty comfortable with it. However, I was looking at the patches I have installed and I noticed I had some duplicates. I thought this was odd, so I began removing both patches to reinstall. However, I cannot remove the second copy.

There are 3 patches that I currently can't remove. In addition these patches don't seem to be working either:

Battery Icon and Percent - ver: 1.3.1-0
    Enable Dialpad Vibration - ver: 1.3.1-0
    Hide Nascar App - ver: 0.4.0 - WebOS Internals

Any suggestions on what I should do? I was going to use WebOS Quick Install to see if I could clean things up, but I thought I would check here first.

Thanks!