Page 197 of 305 FirstFirst ... 97147187192193194195196197198199200201202207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 6094
    I just turned off led notifications.
    Did a restart.
    Tried installing epr and still get error .
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I just turned off led notifications.
    Did a restart.
    Tried installing epr and still get error .
    I have absolutely no idea why its not working for you...the only thing I recommend is waiting for the updated version on Repair Utility and run that...sorry!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ok here is the problem....

i had about 25 patches thru preware. My software was 1.2.1.....everything was ok..when i woke up 1.3 had been installedon its own. i lost all my patches. So i accessed preware through my phone.. i was unable to remove any patches.

So today i installed the latest web os installer and webOS dr. i removed all my patches that where on device management thru web OS installer....i than installed a tweak thru installer.

i deleted all preware files and re installed it....but now i cant get any of my pathces back..when i try to install them it says error installing: see ipkg log...
    this is happening because i think it still thinks they are in the phone, but when it goes to remove them..they are no longer there..like the phone is confused..idk...i jus installed a patch that i never had and it worked..

what can i do.....its giving me error codes when i try to install by patches
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I ran webos doctor 1.3.1, and no longer have the package manager servic not running error. I'm using preware without any problem.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    lol I am doing the same exact thing 1.3.1 is downloading now. What is the easiest way to get preware back on the phone? Download the .exe file and place it directly on the phone or use webos?
    I'm not sure which is the easiest, I used the WebOS Quick install. (Remember you need to put your phone back in developer mode and you need to install Novacom).
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

i had about 25 patches thru preware. My software was 1.2.1.....everything was ok..when i woke up 1.3 had been installedon its own. i lost all my patches. So i accessed preware through my phone.. i was unable to remove any patches.

So today i installed the latest web os installer and webOS dr. i removed all my patches that where on device management thru web OS installer....i than installed a tweak thru installer.

i deleted all preware files and re installed it....but now i cant get any of my pathces back..when i try to install them it says error installing: see ipkg log...
    this is happening because i think it still thinks they are in the phone, but when it goes to remove them..they are no longer there..like the phone is confused..idk...i jus installed a patch that i never had and it worked..

how did you blow it all away is there a way to perform a master reset and what does it affect?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I ran webos doctor 1.3.1, and no longer have the package manager servic not running error. I'm using preware without any problem.
    Is it difficult to use the 1.3.1 webos doc? How long did it take? Could that be the only solution to my preware problem?
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/19/2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by schraal View Post
    I've installed Preware (0.9.9) on a version 1.1.3 European GSM Pre, first using WebOS Quickinstall (following the guide here on the forums). I was able to install the Terminal app using Preware.

Later I installed Optware, via the command prompt, following the instructions on the webos-internals site.

Since then, when I start Preware I get the following error:
    The Package Manager Service is not running.

The package manager service has been installed (0.9.19), but does not seem te be starting.

I have been:
    - resetting
    - removing and reinstalling the Package Manager Service and Preware (via the Quickinstaller, PrewareInstaller.jar and the Linux commandline method using the Terminal.

The log of the preware installer said:

Code:
    Packages to install: 2

Installing IPK: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

Extracting installer file from: /IPKG/resources/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk
    Extracting installer file to: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk
    Checking for file: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk

Creating /media/internal
    Creating /media/internal/developer
    Copying IPKFile '/tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk' to device.

Copying Installer.ipk to Device...
    Re-Mounting filesystem as read/write...

Installing IPK File: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk

Running Install Command:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk
    Not downgrading package org.webosinternals.ipkgservice on root from 0.9.19 to 0.9.16.
    Nothing to be done

Re-Mounting filesystem as read only...
    Running Post Install Command (If any):
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.postinst

Installation of org.webosinternals.ipkgservice complete.

Installing IPK: org.webosinternals.preware

Extracting installer file from: /IPKG/resources/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk
    Extracting installer file to: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk
    Checking for file: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk

Creating /media/internal
    Creating /media/internal/developer
    Copying IPKFile '/tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk' to device.

Copying Installer.ipk to Device...
    Re-Mounting filesystem as read/write...

Installing IPK File: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk

Running Install Command:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk
    Not downgrading package org.webosinternals.preware on root from 0.9.9 to 0.9.5.
    Nothing to be done

Re-Mounting filesystem as read only...
    Running Post Install Command (If any):
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.preware.postinst

Installation of org.webosinternals.preware complete.

Package installation complete, program should now appear on your Pre.
    This confirms that I already have the latest versions of the packages installed.

Does anyone know how I can see some logging of the Package Manager Service? Or how to start it by hand so that I may see some logging on the commandline? Or any other suggestions?

thanks,
    Hilbert
    Run:

luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/status '{}'

to get Preware running after each reboot of the phone,

and then visit us in the IRC channel so we can debug why this occurs.

None of the developers have been able to reproduce it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by PR24FLAVA View Post

Run the EPR, reboot, manually Update Feeds in Preware, reinstall your patches.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PR24FLAVA View Post

Run the EPR, reboot, manually Update Feeds in Preware, reinstall patches.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    lol I am doing the same exact thing 1.3.1 is downloading now. What is the easiest way to get preware back on the phone? Download the .exe file and place it directly on the phone or use webos?
    http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    I need some step by step assistance. I listened to a friend of mine who also has the Pre and installed the new 1.3.1 without first removing all of the patches I installed with Preware... now you know what happened... none of the patched work and I am unable to remove them .. I get an error message .... "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" ...

What exactly do I need to do now...

How can I make the patches work? ...

If I can't make them work, How do I uninstall everything and go back to original way it was?...
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Yes, for anyone having trouble installing Preware, if you install it directly after a webOS Doctor, it's pretty much guaranteed to work.

At the moment, I suspect some other piece of software has started conflicting with the Preware Package Manager Service start-up script. I'm looking at ways that I can make Preware more "forceful" in overriding such errant conflicting software.

In the mean time, if you can get a command line open on the Pre (maybe via WebOS Quick Install or via Novaterm), type:

luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/status '{}'

after each reboot to restart the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    I am having a similar issue. I was having issues with the 3.5 mm jack( phone acted like it had earphones in and wouldn't play sound through the speaker) so I did a partial erase forgetting to remove patches and themes and after restoring my settings and loading preware back onto my phone it didn't recognize any of my patches or my theme. I was able to get the theme removed and then ran the 'EPR', restarted my phone, and updated the feeds in preware, but all my patches are still applied and I can't reinstall them. I too get the error with installing and it gives me the .ipk error log. Please help!?!?
    i got some of my patches to reinstall but cant get others...(4 x 4 launcher, notification per sms...my favorite).
    what is an erp?
    on a separate note; when one of my contacts calls my phone, the phone answers automatically...without me touching it? any ideas?
    First off let me say this is a wonderful forum you all got here and Im glad I found it!!! Now I followed all the instructions on getting preware and succesfuly got it installed. My problem is in the istructions it said to install lunaware ir something like that but when I got to my available applications there is only 10 available. And when I go to my themes there is 112 but when I go to one install one it says Error installing: see IPKG log. What am I missing here? Oh I can install apps off of my computer from WEBos like flashlight, roaming toggle, ETC. Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    EPR

-- Rod
    I went to install EPR and now it is giving an error message saying

Check IPKG Log under the log it says:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post-install script execution

What now? All pactches are still on the phone...
    Having an issue with SMS Tone per Contact installing as well. It's the only patch that won't install. Tried removing all my patches and starting fresh with the SMS Tone patch first, but got the error message once again. This is by far my favorite patch - please fix!!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    Having an issue with SMS Tone per Contact installing as well. It's the only patch that won't install. Tried removing all my patches and starting fresh with the SMS Tone patch first, but got the error message once again. This is by far my favorite patch - please fix!!
    The SMS Tone per Contact patch currently available via Preware is an inoperative version. The revised version has reportedly been uploaded to Preware, but has not yet been "published."