Page 196 of 305 FirstFirst ... 96146186191192193194195196197198199200201206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 6094

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    +1
    It works when I am on a Wifi connection; however, the moment I am on 3G, the problem occurs.
    I am having a problem installing apps with Preware (v. 0.9.9). I receive the following error message:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg ...."
    wget: content-length 386 is garbage

I get this error when I try to install apps over 3G. When installing over Wifi it works great. Installing Patches over 3G or Wifi works too. The palm appcatalog and file coaster work over 3G and Wifi as well. I am using a Pre with 1.3.1

Does anyone have any ideas?
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    hey do i have to uninstall my themes to update any of my apps does anybody know?
    Last edited by ToolBot; 11/19/2009 at 03:29 AM.
    Hi palm users,
    A few things i noticed when i updated to 1.3.1, is my phone having problems or is this happening for everyone?
    1: Sms message tone for each contact isnt working.
    2:when i updated Preware to 0.9.9 it says this:
    The package manager service you're running isnt compatible with this version of preware please update it with WebOS quick install.

Please help me fix this problem !!!ahhh i wish this was easier !!!!!
    after uninstalling all patches and running webdoctor in order for a long story short 1.3.1 update, i have no access to any patches. the section is greyed out. what would disable the ability to install patches on preware? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    If you have Internalz, check /var/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/ and see if one of the files is very big (like over 100MB). If so, delete that. Something in an older version of Preware/Package Mgr Service right after 1.3.1 seemed to go crazy with a feed. Hasn't happened in a couple days for me now, though, so I think new versions are fixed.

See this thread
    Tried installing the new SMS tone per contact this morning after removing the notification sounds and alerts patch. I get an error during install. Any ideas?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    A temporary fix can be found in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2047461

Follow this thread for a more permanent solution.
    is this normal?

I had to do a partial erase recently. Only patches I had were the led notification and lower threshold. After the partial erase I installed preware again. I tried installing the led notification patch but then I got an ipk error. I did notice though that the led notifcation still works but preware says I dont have it installed. Should I be concerned?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    is this normal?

I had to do a partial erase recently. Only patches I had were the led notification and lower threshold. After the partial erase I installed preware again. I tried installing the led notification patch but then I got an ipk error. I did notice though that the led notifcation still works but preware says I dont have it installed. Should I be concerned?

partial/full erase will delete the application and package data in /var, that all package managers rely upon to see what is and is not installed. The effect of installing a patch is that Palm system files are modified, which is NOT undone by removing the package data.

Run EPR

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    partial/full erase will delete the application and package data in /var, that all package managers rely upon to see what is and is not installed. The effect of installing a patch is that Palm system files are modified, which is NOT undone by removing the package data.

Run EPR
    I ran the EPR.
    I tried installing the led notification from preware. Got and IPK error again.
    I went to the lock screen and saw I was able to toggle the led on and off. So it seems the epr didnt remove it? Was I supposed to do a reset?
    Was I supposed to do a reset?
    yup
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I figured I would do a reset. The led notifications is still there. Now I tried downloading the epr again and this time I get an ipk error. Cant install the epr!! GGrrrrrr. Now what?
    I figured I would do a reset. The led notifications is still there. Now I tried downloading the epr again and this time I get an ipk error. Cant install the epr!! GGrrrrrr. Now what?
    i dont really know exactly wut u did...but overall this is wut ur supposed to do...when ur having problems...u just go to EPR and hit install when its installed meaning u c on the bottom it says "remove" u just exit preware and reboot ur phone...when it comes back up everything should be gone...for me ive never had an instance where epr doesnt work....(for me) it has always worked...i have no clue wut ur doing differently....if i were u right now...good thing the 1.3.1 doctor came out...jason should be coming out with the Repair Utility update...u should run that when u get the chance...good luck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont really know exactly wut u did...but overall this is wut ur supposed to do...when ur having problems...u just go to EPR and hit install when its installed meaning u c on the bottom it says "remove" u just exit preware and reboot ur phone...when it comes back up everything should be gone...for me ive never had an instance where epr doesnt work....(for me) it has always worked...i have no clue wut ur doing differently....if i were u right now...good thing the 1.3.1 doctor came out...jason should be coming out with the Repair Utility update...u should run that when u get the chance...good luck
    When I originally ran the epr, it installed but i didnt do a reset right away. I noticed the LED was still there. Thats when I decided to do a reset and run the EPR again, excpet this time I couldnt install EPR- ipk error The led notification works just fine its just that preware thinks its not installed.
    When I originally ran the epr, it installed but i didnt do a reset right away. I noticed the LED was still there. Thats when I decided to do a reset and run the EPR again, excpet this time I couldnt install EPR- ipk error The led notification works just fine its just that preware thinks its not installed.
    if u kept led notifications "on" and u run epr which supposedly makes it go away....it'll keep running "on" if u understand wut im saying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    if u kept led notifications "on" and u run epr which supposedly makes it go away....it'll keep running "on" if u understand wut im saying
    Im pretty sure I turned off the led notifications before running epr. Now I cant install epr. I tried again and I keep getting an iprk error
    Im pretty sure I turned off the led notifications before running epr. Now I cant install epr. I tried again and I keep getting an iprk error
    try rebooting again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!