Page 194 of 305 FirstFirst ... 94144184189190191192193194195196197198199204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 6094
    Everything works great for me.

However, I doctored the phone prior to the 1.3 upgrade as my phone refused to see the upgrade.

Only anomaly I noticed, I get the change log everytime I run it.

I have preferences set to not show me any themes.

I suspect there will be a new OS update soon to address the new e-mail bug introduced with this version
    Last edited by dbtrade; 11/18/2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: syntax
    Thank you for all your hard work, my phone is now perfect (for me anyways). All it was missing was my precious VK, you guys are awesome, keep up the great work!!!!!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the excellent update! So much faster
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;2045155
    6) Verify the version of Package Manager Service in the Device Management Page
    [/QUOTE]
    what version should it be? I'm seeing 0.9.19
    My computer isn't working right now. Does anyone know if there is a way to get preware on my pre without the use of a computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    First of all, why did you uninstall to upgrade Preware or the Package Manager Service? The instructions on the Preware wiki page tell you to simply upgrade Preware using Preware. *Never* deviate from the instructions, or you risk getting into situations like this because you are relying on other tools (like WebOS Quick Install) to do things properly.

Try this:

1) Reboot the Pre
    2) Uninstall Package Manager Service and Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    3) Reboot the Pre
    4) Check in the Device Management page of WebOS Quick Install that Package Manager Service and Preware are no longer installed
    5) Install Package Manager Service
    6) Verify the version of Package Manager Service in the Device Management Page
    7) Install Preware
    8) Verify the version of Preware in the Device Management Page
    9) Reboot the Pre
    10) Wait until you have a cellular connection and the bars are showing
    11) Verify you have a network connection in the browser
    12) Start Preware

If all that fails, then you will need to visit the IRC channel for further debugging. The developers are not able to reproduce the problem.

-- Rod
    prepackage version is 0.9.19 when installing through quick install.. should it be 0.9.9?

and btw i uninstalled it because i wasn't seeing 'patches' or 'themes' or any of that.. just like 4 categories.. thought something was installed wrong..
    Last edited by klubhead; 11/18/2009 at 09:56 AM.
    hahahaaha wow armory <3 Thanks guys... Been longing for this thing since the day I knew it was out for iPhone :>

But anyways... I just can't get VK running - It doesnt show in the App section, neither in Patches or somewhere else. I can't find it via FileCoaster and the Preload *install* or *root* buttons are only grey, so I can't get it there...

Only thing on Preware I can find is "OBSOLETE Keyboard"... It it the same? =/ It's discription confuses me...
    can anyone help with my PREWARE prob. even with developer mode ON, everytime i try to download an app it comes up with: error see IPK log list??????????? i can only download themes n patches but NO APPS???????
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My pre has never been slower.....it takes forever to find contacts and if I press a speed dial button it takes so long it sometimes doesn't dial the speed dial number :-(
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Well, I blew it away and started over. Everything working fine now!

A couple of things though.....

I can't find the power saver application (or was it a patch ?) that turned the phone off automatically overnight then turned it back on in the morning. Also can't install the 'move to folder' mail button for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintCat View Post
    hahahaaha wow armory <3 Thanks guys... Been longing for this thing since the day I knew it was out for iPhone :>

But anyways... I just can't get VK running - It doesnt show in the App section, neither in Patches or somewhere else. I can't find it via FileCoaster and the Preload *install* or *root* buttons are only grey, so I can't get it there...

Only thing on Preware I can find is "OBSOLETE Keyboard"... It it the same? =/ It's discription confuses me...
    Make sure you following the installation instructions for Preware precisely. I suspect you did not install the Package Manager Service correctly. For example, if you used either of fileCoaster or PreLoad, it will not work. Those tools cannot install advanced homebrew like Preware or Internalz or anything else which depends on a custom service or plugin.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    webOS 1.3.1 did something which slowed down Preware 0.9.8 dramatically.

So we released Preware 0.9.9, which is now faster than what Preware was on webOS 1.2.1 (oil improved the code at the same time as he worked around the webOS 1.3.1 problem).

http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've installed Preware (0.9.9) on a version 1.1.3 European GSM Pre, first using WebOS Quickinstall (following the guide here on the forums). I was able to install the Terminal app using Preware.

Later I installed Optware, via the command prompt, following the instructions on the webos-internals site.

Since then, when I start Preware I get the following error:
    The Package Manager Service is not running.

The package manager service has been installed (0.9.19), but does not seem te be starting.

I have been:
    - resetting
    - removing and reinstalling the Package Manager Service and Preware (via the Quickinstaller, PrewareInstaller.jar and the Linux commandline method using the Terminal.

The log of the preware installer said:

Code:
    Packages to install: 2

Installing IPK: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

Extracting installer file from: /IPKG/resources/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk
    Extracting installer file to: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk
    Checking for file: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk

Creating /media/internal
    Creating /media/internal/developer
    Copying IPKFile '/tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk' to device.

Copying Installer.ipk to Device...
    Re-Mounting filesystem as read/write...

Installing IPK File: /tmp/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.ipk

Running Install Command:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk
    Not downgrading package org.webosinternals.ipkgservice on root from 0.9.19 to 0.9.16.
    Nothing to be done

Re-Mounting filesystem as read only...
    Running Post Install Command (If any):
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.postinst

Installation of org.webosinternals.ipkgservice complete.

Installing IPK: org.webosinternals.preware

Extracting installer file from: /IPKG/resources/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk
    Extracting installer file to: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk
    Checking for file: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk

Creating /media/internal
    Creating /media/internal/developer
    Copying IPKFile '/tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk' to device.

Copying Installer.ipk to Device...
    Re-Mounting filesystem as read/write...

Installing IPK File: /tmp/org.webosinternals.preware.ipk

Running Install Command:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk
    Not downgrading package org.webosinternals.preware on root from 0.9.9 to 0.9.5.
    Nothing to be done

Re-Mounting filesystem as read only...
    Running Post Install Command (If any):
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.preware.postinst

Installation of org.webosinternals.preware complete.

Package installation complete, program should now appear on your Pre.
    This confirms that I already have the latest versions of the packages installed.

Does anyone know how I can see some logging of the Package Manager Service? Or how to start it by hand so that I may see some logging on the commandline? Or any other suggestions?

thanks,
    Hilbert
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am still getting the "not enough memory" error when trying to download from the official app catalog while Preware is loaded. But when i remove preware and the package manager I don't get the error and can download multiple apps. I thought I read somewhere that there would be an option to disable some aspect of the Fair Dinkum option that has been integrated with the updated preware, if this even has anything to do with my problem? Thanks for all you guys are doing.
    Last edited by ttkk1; 11/18/2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    I followed the instructions exactly as posted but this is what i get when i try to open preware:
    (even after following those in instructions, i still get the same pop up)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hello,

Is the app in Preware really called MyTeather or something else? I dont see it...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Is the app in Preware really called MyTether or something else? I dont see it...
    I went to install preware and package manager from woqi and have gotten the same pop up that package manager isn't installed, even though woqi says it is. I followed the instructions.
    It started for me after I updated my webos. I didn't do anything to preware, and couldn't get on it. So I deleted preware and package manager like the directions said and followed them to a T. Still having the issue, tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    I went to install preware and package manager from woqi and have gotten the same pop up that package manager isn't installed, even though woqi says it is. I followed the instructions.
    It started for me after I updated my webos. I didn't do anything to preware, and couldn't get on it. So I deleted preware and package manager like the directions said and followed them to a T. Still having the issue, tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.
    yup same here.. no matter how many times i reset, uninstall, reset, reinstall, reset, etc. it just doesnt want to work