Page 193 of 305 FirstFirst ... 93143183188189190191192193194195196197198203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 6094
  1. #3841  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    No but thanks db...It's not a HW issue. By sliderdeath I meant that when I close the phone it would go dead,turn black etc etc. Then when I put on touchstone it would reboot.

    I just tried to replicate it after a couple hours and now it isn't happening at the moment...

    Oh and no... I only got changelog first time on PreWare
    Try opening and closing your phone several times quickly
  2. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #3842  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    Try opening and closing your phone several times quickly
    Maybe the quota is 2 a day... I tried that and throwing off cards.etc etc.

    I guess I'll quit. TRYING to mess it up is probably not a good use of my time at the moment :-)

    Especially while MotionApps is ignoring everything...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  3. #3843  
    Preware, why isn't my Gemini theme up for download anymore? It was but now its gone. I checked to make sure it is online @ Prethemer. Gemini Blue is up and they were right next to each other. Thanks for a response.
  4. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #3844  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Preware, why isn't my Gemini theme up for download anymore? It was but now its gone. I checked to make sure it is online @ Prethemer. Gemini Blue is up and they were right next to each other. Thanks for a response.
    I see it there still.
  5. #3845  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Preware, why isn't my Gemini theme up for download anymore? It was but now its gone. I checked to make sure it is online @ Prethemer. Gemini Blue is up and they were right next to each other. Thanks for a response.
    You wouldn't happen to have the theme installed right now, would you?
  6. #3846  
    Help Please...
    I've been searching for answers to my question and can't find an answer that will work.

    My pre automatically updated to the new webos without permission. So, needles to say my preware isn't working properly.

    First question, how do I turn off the automatic update?
    Second, is there a way to fix my preware without webos doctor? I have already tried the emergence patch recovery which removed the patches. However, now preware wont let me install them again.

    Any Ideas?
    THx
  7. Buckot's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #3847  
    I'm a bit of a novice at this so I hope that you'll bear with me.

    I did the update to 1.3.1, but beforehand I removed the patched that were installed via Preware, but I forgot about patches that I installed a while ago using WebOs Quick Install.

    The update went through and everything seem to be generally working (so far) and I can add and remove application using WebOs Quick Install, but when I try to add patches with Preware I get an error.

    I'm thinking that at this point I'd like to get rid of all the applications and patches that I have, reset the device and use WebOSDoctor to roll back the OS and then re-do the 1.3.1 upgradd. Does that make sense?

    Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by Buckot; 11/17/2009 at 03:59 PM.
  8. #3848  
    The speed improvements are amazing. To think I was thinking it was a graphics issue due to so many things to load when clicking a feed bogging down the hardware but I guess it wasn't.
  9. #3849  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlee55 View Post
    Help Please...
    I've been searching for answers to my question and can't find an answer that will work.

    My pre automatically updated to the new webos without permission. So, needles to say my preware isn't working properly.

    First question, how do I turn off the automatic update?
    Second, is there a way to fix my preware without webos doctor? I have already tried the emergence patch recovery which removed the patches. However, now preware wont let me install them again.
    1) Preware continues to work across webOS OTA updates.

    2) Check the Preferences

    3) Preware does not need to be fixed

    4) You need to update the feeds to see the patches for 1.3.1

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #3850  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The speed improvements are amazing. To think I was thinking it was a graphics issue due to so many things to load when clicking a feed bogging down the hardware but I guess it wasn't.
    A difference between webOS 1.2.1 and webOS 1.3.1 was the issue.

    Oil rewrote a significant part of list functionality to overcome that issue, and in doing so also improved the overall performance.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #3851  
    I had to do a partial reset. After I did that, I reinstalled preware. The favorite app is the led notification. So I searched for it and clicked install and got some error. Then I went into the lock screen and saw that led has been enabled and it works. Just thought it was odd when I tried installing it, it wouldnt work and that the partial reset didnt get rid of the led notification. Aldo tried installing lower threshold patch and get an error as well. Is this normal?
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/17/2009 at 07:46 PM.
  12. #3852  
    Well, even after a partial erase of my Pre, and immediate reinstall of Preware and Package Manager, I still get the 'Package Manager is not running' error. It worked immediately after installing, but started giving the error after I restarted the phone the first time. I either need to get with you guys on the IRC channel or use the Dr to go back to 1.2.1 and try again. I suppose I could just always use WebOSQI to install everything, but where's the fun in that?
  13. #3853  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Maybe the quota is 2 a day... I tried that and throwing off cards.etc etc.

    I guess I'll quit. TRYING to mess it up is probably not a good use of my time at the moment :-)

    Especially while MotionApps is ignoring everything...
    LOL,

    Well good luck. Both my wife's pre and eventually mine succumbed to the dreaded shell close causes power off.

    Required new batteries to make it right. But it was only with the early ones, I think we got ours the second day.
  14. wessock's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #3854  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well, even after a partial erase of my Pre, and immediate reinstall of Preware and Package Manager, I still get the 'Package Manager is not running' error. It worked immediately after installing, but started giving the error after I restarted the phone the first time. I either need to get with you guys on the IRC channel or use the Dr to go back to 1.2.1 and try again. I suppose I could just always use WebOSQI to install everything, but where's the fun in that?
    Seems to be a common bug. Hope they are able to fix it soon so I can see all of these cool features everybody is talking about.
  15. #3855  
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Seems to be a common bug. Hope they are able to fix it soon so I can see all of these cool features everybody is talking about.
    "Common" is relative

    I've seen about 5 to 10 cases so far out of the tens of thousands of people who updated Preware.

    We need someone who is experiencing this to join the IRC channel so we can debug it. None of the developers can reproduce it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #3856  
    i installed everything correctly. but i keep seeing (The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? etc. etc.) when i open PreWare

    what the fudge is goin on? i had this installed yesterday, but uninstalled when the update was released today, now i can't reinstall 0_o.. any werd?
  17. tyea's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #3857  
    I may have time to figure out how to join the IRC channel and provide feedback this wednesday evening around 6:30 pm pacific time. My wife and I have Pre's, which we purchased on June 7th. Both have the package manager service not running issue, and neither of them had patches or themes, just homebrew apps. In fact, her phone has only one homebrew app (stopwatch/timer app). We get this error on the Sprint network and over a wifi connection. I'm just an average tech savy consumer who has been using file coaster, and recently preware.

    Thanks to all developers for your programming work, and the knoledge base available via this forum community. As a consumer I want to see webos/palm succeed, developers make a living in these tough economic times, and consumer satisfaction with product value for their hard earned $. It is everyone's best interest to keep the option for over the air application installation of beta software functional, so I hope more people with this problem will provide feedback.
  18. #3858  
    Hmm, I noticed something in the screenshot for Luna manager. Probably has absolutely nothing to do with this, but here it is: The changelog for 0.0.3 show 'fixed package manager not running error on restart'. Being a java programmer it makes me thing something isn't in the classpath for the phone's Luna startup, but then since it works after the initial install, I would think it has to be there. I did not download Luna manager, but this makes me wonder if I shouldn't have just. Guess I can do that via WebOSQI and see what happens. Will try to join the IRC if I can.

    Edit - so much for that... Luna manager is complaining that the package manager service isn't running too. The restart java button seems to do nothing (or it does it awful fast), the other two complain about package manager service. No time for IRC tonight.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/17/2009 at 11:41 PM.
  19. #3859  
    I'm getting the 'Package Manager is not running' error too. I'm able to use WebOSQuickInstall to install homebrew from there, if that matters.

    I had it working this morning actually, first time installing homebrew since my last webOSDoc (literally right before 1.3.1 dropped). It ran, I edited the feed list to only look at precentral, had to reboot, and boom, I kept running into that error.

    I'd like to try to help, though, would like to avoid another hard reset
  20. #3860  
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    i installed everything correctly. but i keep seeing (The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? etc. etc.) when i open PreWare

    what the fudge is goin on? i had this installed yesterday, but uninstalled when the update was released today, now i can't reinstall 0_o.. any werd?
    First of all, why did you uninstall to upgrade Preware or the Package Manager Service? The instructions on the Preware wiki page tell you to simply upgrade Preware using Preware. *Never* deviate from the instructions, or you risk getting into situations like this because you are relying on other tools (like WebOS Quick Install) to do things properly.

    Try this:

    1) Reboot the Pre
    2) Uninstall Package Manager Service and Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    3) Reboot the Pre
    4) Check in the Device Management page of WebOS Quick Install that Package Manager Service and Preware are no longer installed
    5) Install Package Manager Service
    6) Verify the version of Package Manager Service in the Device Management Page
    7) Install Preware
    8) Verify the version of Preware in the Device Management Page
    9) Reboot the Pre
    10) Wait until you have a cellular connection and the bars are showing
    11) Verify you have a network connection in the browser
    12) Start Preware

    If all that fails, then you will need to visit the IRC channel for further debugging. The developers are not able to reproduce the problem.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions