Page 191 of 305 FirstFirst ... 91141181186187188189190191192193194195196201241291 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it just me or has preware been very laggy since last update...its been loading very fast...faster than any other update but since this last update scrolling and w.e takes longer to recognize...maybe 5 something seconds it lags
    Yep. Nothing in Preware changed :-(

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    after you update preware your supposed to reboot your phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It was a update on the service manager. I did do a restart on the phone and it is saying...

The package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Perware untill you hav a stanlenetworkconnection available
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    maybe a new preware could sovle the problem
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    For me to get to the themes i disable the precentral theme feed and it works fine.
    is everything working as it was before the 1.3.1 update? i want to install, but im not sure if a preware update is coming
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Any progress on the "package manager service is not running" bug? I was using filecoaster until it stopped working. Installed preware and it worked the first start up before I restarted the phone, then the bug started after a restart. Uninstalled both preware and PMS and same deal, worked for the first time until after a reboot. If I unistall and reinstall both and reboot before starting preware, preware does the bug the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep. Nothing in Preware changed :-(

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    yeah....the themes won't load....its really slow....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ive tried every possible way to remove and reinstall and still get this error message. It is odd that it says Package manager is not running...I have version 0.9.19 installed on my pre currently.
    yea its saying the same thing. i just used webosrepair and my phone even gotten worse
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I feel like my whole phone is generally slower after this update it just seems buggy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    is everything working as it was before the 1.3.1 update? i want to install, but im not sure if a preware update is coming
    The only problem is having to go through the Feeds filter or the List of Everything to get to themes. That will be fixed today.

Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Any progress on the "package manager service is not running" bug? I was using filecoaster until it stopped working. Installed preware and it worked the first start up before I restarted the phone, then the bug started after a restart. Uninstalled both preware and PMS and same deal, worked for the first time until after a reboot. If I unistall and reinstall both and reboot before starting preware, preware does the bug the first time.
    Join the IRC channel to debug. We cannot reproduce this error.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it just me or has preware been very laggy since last update...its been loading very fast...faster than any other update but since this last update scrolling and w.e takes longer to recognize...maybe 5 something seconds it lags
    Preware 0.9.9 is now in alpha testing, and it's now snappier than what it was in webOS 1.2.1 - oil is a genius.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.9_all.ipk

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.9 is now in alpha testing, and it's now snappier than what it was in webOS 1.2.1 - oil is a genius.

[url]

-- Rod
    awesome can't wait to get the update!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Got the package installer not running error this evening after updating to package installer 9.19 via preware earlier today.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Got the package installer not running error this evening after updating to package installer 9.19 via preware earlier today.
    Join the IRC channel to debug. We cannot reproduce his problem.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post

Preware:
    For a complete change log, up-to-date installation instructions, and all other information pertaining to preware, Please visit the webos-internals preware wiki page: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. The wiki will ALWAYS have the most up-to-date information on preware.

Installation:
    1. Download and Run the latest release of WebOS Quick Install
    2. Press the third button on the right (img)
    3. Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top. (img)
    4. Select Package Manager Service from the list.
    5. Press DOWNLOAD.
    6. Press INSTALL. (after this step your phone will lose evdo and be unresponsive for a little while while java restarts, this is normal)
    7. Press the third button on the right (img)
    8. Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top. (img)
    9. Select Preware from the list.
    10. Press DOWNLOAD.
    11. Press INSTALL.
    12. You're done!

Upgrade:
    Before v0.9.0 - Use the same directions as for installation above. Install the new versions of preware and the package manager service right over the top of the old ones with WebOS Quick Install.
    v0.9.0 and on - Upgrade preware and the package manager service with preware.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
    Q - I want to remove the virtual keyboard patch but 'Available Patches' is grayed out?
    A - Look for the virtual keyboard in the 'Installed Packages' section. Or change the "Installed Is Available" option to yes in the preferences.

Q - I'm stuck at "Checking Version"
    A - Rebooting your pre will fix it.

Q - Why are there no other questions and answers?
    A - I'm currently working on the list, please stand by.

Contributors: (listed alphabetically)
    • destinal
    • oil
    • PuffTheMagic
    • rboatright
    • rwhitby
    • Templarian
    • tharris
    • Zuchmir2

Licensing Conditions:
    Preware and the Package Manager Service are licensed under the GPLv2. They cannot be used by a closed source application. If you want to use them in a non-GPLv2 but otherwise open source application, please contact the authors.
    i used the link for preware install and pasted it into filecoaster and downloaded it but i don't see it anywhere please help me out
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I downloaded it yesterday and it looks good another installer app for us Pre user. Is this completely separate from Filecoster? or do we have to look at Preware, Preload and Filecoster for apps? or will they all be joint
    i used the link for preware install and pasted it into filecoaster and downloaded it but i don't see it anywhere please help me out
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Hey stix,

Once you get PreWare installed, it's likely you will no longer have need for filecoaster.

In your post 3221 above, it lists the installation procedure for Preware. You really need to follow that. In the end, you will have less problems and more capabilities going forward.