Page 19 of 305 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Working for me. Did you update to the 0.8.3 service?
    Is 0.8.3 out? I don't see it, I thought 0.8.2 was the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is 0.8.3 out? I don't see it, I thought 0.8.2 was the latest.
    Sorry, typo, I meant 0.8.2.
    I keep getting the ipkgservice is not running and then my phone says offline and I lose my cell service.. After about a minute cell service comes back online and preware will usually run ok. Annoying.
    What is the new battery service?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Can someone please tell me what the gnu patch is for.
    Have you looked at the Description that is shown in Preware ?

BTW, you not only asked a question about GNU Patch (a package that Preware just happens to be able to install) in a Preware thread, you also didn't read the most recent post in the thread which said to use a different thread instead.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/05/2009 at 08:43 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    i think its a service that gives a more accurate reading of the battery?
    I just installed the update for preware but now I don't have the keybord path in available patches... Is suppose to be like that if its how I'm suppose to uninstall that patch in case of the new update? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I just installed the update for preware but now I don't have the keybord path in available patches... Is suppose to be like that if its how I'm suppose to uninstall that patch in case of the new update? Thank you
    Look in Installed Packages

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    It's a service that has nothing to do with Preware.

If you wish to simply discuss something Preware can install, please inquire elsewhere.

But if you wish to discuss Preware or the Package Manager Service, feel free to use this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    The new version defaults to not display installed packages as "available". You can change this in the preferences scene accessible from the app menu of the main scene. Or as rwhitby said, you can find it in the installed packages list or in the "list of everything."

And if you still have trouble finding it in any of those lists, you can start typing the name and it will filter to that item in the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Look in Installed Packages

-- Rod
    thanks i found it !!!!.... but is suppose to be like that ? and in case i wish to uninstall i just uninstall the keyboard patch?
    You guys are the best! This is amazing stuff! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Working for me. Did you update to the 0.8.2 service?
    no, nor had i updated preware to 0.8.2 updating both fixed the issue, so thanks!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    I thought it was taking too long to load, realized I was on EVDO so I swiped the card closed, enabled wifi and tried again, but this time it said ipkgservice wasn't running after it got to the main scene. so I rebooted and now I'm good.
    same thing happened to me. it said the service wasnt running, then my phone went offline. So i closed preware and THEN got a popup saying my phone needed to be restored!! it only gave me an option (to restore the phone) and it also said that i would need to sign on the palm profile again so that my backed up data could be restored...

So after the phone was "restored" i didnt lose any pics or music that had on the phone (thought the palm profile thing wouldn't back up these kind of data) only thing i lost is my messaging history on the messaging app

edit: btw i have preware version 0.8.0

edit2: opened up preware again and successfully updated to version 0.8.2...weird
    Last edited by Rogerv.88; 09/06/2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's a service that has nothing to do with Preware.

If you wish to simply discuss something Preware can install, please inquire elsewhere.

But if you wish to discuss Preware or the Package Manager Service, feel free to use this thread.

The new version defaults to not display installed packages as "available". You can change this in the preferences scene accessible from the app menu of the main scene. Or as rwhitby said, you can find it in the installed packages list or in the "list of everything."

And if you still have trouble finding it in any of those lists, you can start typing the name and it will filter to that item in the list.
    If Battery service has nothing to do with Preware then why after updating to v0.82 does Preware tell me I have Pakage Update the update is Sysfs Battery Service. Why do does it show an update for a package I never installed in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    If Battery service has nothing to do with Preware then why after updating to v0.82 does Preware tell me I have Pakage Update the update is Sysfs Battery Service. Why do does it show an update for a package I never installed in the first place?
    Does it appear in your Installed Packages list?

-- Rod
    Does it appear in your Installed Packages list?

-- Rod
    Yes, and under update I can either update or remove, but again I never installed it before.
    Yes, and under update I can either update or remove, but again I never installed it before.
    If it's in your Installed Packages list, then either you installed it, or Palm used their new remote application removal service in reverse ...

-- Rod
    If it's in your Installed Packages list, then either you installed it, or Palm used their new remote application removal service in reverse ...

-- Rod
    Interesting, since this app did not show in Preware v.80 and since all I did today was just install WOSQI ver. .83 and Preware v.82 (and PreWare told an Update was available for Preware). I also find it interesting that why would Palm install a thrid party app from Luna; and I thought that the remote services was in WEBOS 1.2, which I do not have.?
    Interesting, since this app did not show in Preware v.80 and since all I did today was just install WOSQI ver. .83 and Preware v.82 (and PreWare told an Update was available for Preware). I also find it interesting that why would Palm install a thrid party app from Luna; and I thought that the remote services was in WEBOS 1.2, which I do not have.?
    The quip about Palm was a joke ...

Seriously, it got installed somehow - just use WOSQI to remove it.

-- Rod
    The quip about Palm was a joke ...

Seriously, it got installed somehow - just use WOSQI to remove it.

-- Rod

Ahh, we're abbreviating webOS quick-install now?