Page 188 of 305 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6094
    I have not been able to get filecoaster to load on my Pre since the update. I tried deleting and reinstalling but it still won't load on my Pre. It gets to th point where the applications load in grayout but won't load any firther. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    having a problem with preware hanging up on themes? Also hangs up a lil just browsing? Anybody else having this problem?
    I am having the same problem. I thought it was just my phone. I uninstalled theme and tried to install a new one but can't get to the themes. Fix please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    guys all the category view are turned off by default. Hit the preferences menu, go down to "main scene" and turn on "show available types."
    Jason, I was hoping to be able to patch my daughters Pixi. Do you know why Preware won't install anything yet?
    Nevermind. Solved my own problem. The only patches in the 1.3.1 feed (that I tried) that failed were ones that were inappropriate for the SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    guys all the category view are turned off by default. Hit the preferences menu, go down to "main scene" and turn on "show available types."

I do this and still slow
    Quote Originally Posted by icemarr View Post
    Can anyone share a link to the proper procedures on how to upgrade to 1.3.1 for Preware users?
    Icemar I don't know a link but in order to upgrade to 1.3.1 you launch preware and remove all your patches and themes. I removed a plugin as well just to be on the safe side, and then you can upgrade to 1.3.1 through your update icon from your launcher. Then once you are fully upgraded to 1.3.1 you can launch preware and install all the themes, patches and plugins.
    Last edited by PhantomPhreak53; 11/15/2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Forgot about Themes
    having a problem with preware hanging up on themes? Also hangs up a lil just browsing? Anybody else having this problem?
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Icemar I don't know a link but in order to upgrade to 1.3.1 you launch preware and remove all your patches and themes. I removed a plugin as well just to be on the safe side, and then you can upgrade to 1.3.1 through your update icon from your launcher. Then once you are fully upgraded to 1.3.1 you can launch preware and install all the themes, patches and plugins.
    ------------------

The problem is there in spite of following these steps exactly.
    it would be great if I could save IPK logs.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Same here, when it comes to loading apps it just does the " circle" thing ( I know, very technical) Also, I have a prob on the " Dead Man " app, After the first word is done, when I click on next word the screen goes black, but you can still hit the letters and hear things, just a black screen
    This is a truly awesome tool. I have two questions with apologies if they have been addressed elsewhere:

1. Do I need to leave the device in dev mode to use Preware or can I disable as soon as it is installed as I did with filecoaster?

2. Do I need to remove Preware prior to installing WebOS updates?

Thanks again and keep up the great work! It's amazing that you can accomplish more on a volunteer basis than Palm did using paid employees.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_4_2000 View Post
    This is a truly awesome tool. I have two questions with apologies if they have been addressed elsewhere:

1. Do I need to leave the device in dev mode to use Preware or can I disable as soon as it is installed as I did with filecoaster?

2. Do I need to remove Preware prior to installing WebOS updates?

Thanks again and keep up the great work! It's amazing that you can accomplish more on a volunteer basis than Palm did using paid employees.
    1. You do NOT need to leave the device in dev mode to use Preware (and I recommend that you do NOT).

2. You do NOT need to remove Preware (at least so far) prior to installing WebOS updates.

Agreed on Rod and everyone's amazing work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so am i correct in reading that the only current workaround for themes is to select "list everything" ? that seems like that'll b a long list........
    See Post #3171 in this thread. Filter by Feed instead of Type is the other workaround.

See Post #3171 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kitua View Post
    I am having the same problem. I thought it was just my phone. I uninstalled theme and tried to install a new one but can't get to the themes. Fix please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ericsliberty View Post
    same here

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Mine is not working either, wonder if there will be a fix???
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So i just like to be careful and certain but i unistall all patches and themes and do the update to 1.3.1 and the same patches will work again or do we have to wait for new updates for the patches.
    actually, even before i was on 1.3.1 i couldnt even find it. all that showed up in preware was obsolete keyboard...

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinksoy View Post
    actually, even before i was on 1.3.1 i couldnt even find it. all that showed up in preware was obsolete keyboard...

any ideas?
    1. wait until the virtual keyboard is updated.

2. revert back to 1.2.1 and use the older version

I followed the instructions but when i go into Preware it says "The Package Manager Service is not running. Please Help
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Before updating to 1.3.1, preware was updating itself and seems to have gotten goofed up. When it started up it errored with "Package manager service is not running" check its installed and rerun preware or reboot phone sort of error...every time. Quick install shows my phone has preware and Package Manager service PMS on it. I had QI remove both, rebooted phone, and installed PMs, rebooted, installed preware, rebooted, and got wifi connected, tried preware and same error. I've tried a dozen other ways and no dice. Removed both and all plugins and updated to 1.3.1 and tried again and still says PMS is not running....any advice?