Page 187 of 305 FirstFirst ... 87137177182183184185186187188189190191192197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 6094
    does anyones patches load up because my phone doesn't load any patches on preware. what do i need to do?
    I want to verify of my reading that when Package Service Manager is installed with Preware that you cannot download from the app store.

Right now, after putting back Package Service Manager and Preware, I can't download anything from the app store.

I think I remember reading that others where having the same issue but I wanted to verify it.

I've been going through the threads and can't seem to find that one spot where I originally read about it.

Does anyone know if this is true or is it something else.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth, I just installed Preware on 1.3.1 using the Standalone
    installer (having the Pre in developer mode, and novacom previously installed)
    and the only quirk is that while it says the Preware app should show up
    immediately it doesn't actually show until you reboot the Pre.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I want to verify of my reading that when Package Service Manager is installed with Preware that you cannot download from the app store.

Right now, after putting back Package Service Manager and Preware, I can't download anything from the app store.

I think I remember reading that others where having the same issue but I wanted to verify it.

I've been going through the threads and can't seem to find that one spot where I originally read about it.

Rob
    I had this problem too... And I did a partial erase and reinstalled preware and now it looks different... as opposed to it having the themes, patches as pictured on the first page of the tread it no longer looks like that. It just says avalable packages, installed packages and list of everything and when I go to available packages and go to themes the app just freezes..
    extremely slow here as well, and Ive already doctored back to 1.2.1 and upgraded twice! :S Not sure what it is..
    I know I'm supposed to remove all my patches but do I need to remove Preware before installing the new update?
    ok so I have followed the directions to install preware via these instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html. yet when I pull up preware on my phone it looks like this

It normally looks like the picture posted on the insructions... im running 0.9.8.. Also when i select available packages and themes the app just freezes... Anyone know of a fix??
    Just a question because I have no idea how to do any of this Preware stuff.

So I just download the Preware program, install it through WebOSQuickInstall, and that's it? No specific hacking, nothing?
    I have mentioned this on here a few times but I am wondering if it even possible. I would like the notification for my calendar events to still play when my phone is on mute. I use my phone as an alarm clock but don't want to hear the text alerts when I am sleeping.

Another feature I thought would be neat is to have it where the launcher page doesn't scroll up and down. I like to add pages so that all the icons fit on one page. Then I can just flip left to right to choose my app.

Thanks everyone! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob
    It seems to affect different people differently. Some people can't install with it, some people can't install without it.

So we're going to make it a preference, and let every sort themselves into the two groups.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    I had this problem too... And I did a partial erase and reinstalled preware and now it looks different... as opposed to it having the themes, patches as pictured on the first page of the tread it no longer looks like that. It just says avalable packages, installed packages and list of everything and when I go to available packages and go to themes the app just freezes..
    This is a problem that has been introduced by webOS 1.3.1, and is not reproducible on the emulator.

Go through the Feeds filter instead of the Type filter, or use the List of Everything, to get to your desired theme.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Nope. Homebrew apps can stay too. Themes should be removed.
    so am i correct in reading that the only current workaround for themes is to select "list everything" ? that seems like that'll b a long list........
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    my preware was working perfectly with 1.2.1
    then when i updated to 1.3.1 i forgot to remove all patches and themes
    nothing seemed to work and no patches
    so i removed everything
    and now im not even able to re install preware
    whats the problem?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    nvm fixed tha problem lol
  16. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    having a problem with preware hanging up on themes? Also hangs up a lil just browsing? Anybody else having this problem?
    Can anyone share a link to the proper procedures on how to upgrade to 1.3.1 for Preware users?
    i cant get to themes either..
    I am having a problem reconciling between 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 patches. I have not updated my Pre to 1.3.1 from 1.2.1. Preware correctly uses the 1.2.1 patches feed. However, I am running the 1.3.1 SDK. Preware correctly uses the 1.3.1 patches feed. There are patches listed that are not 1.3.1 compliant. ie "Show download count", "Hide NFL", "Hide Nascar", "Add move to folder button", etc. Am I doing something wrong or have these inadvertently been added to the 1.3.1 feed? When I try to install these patches, I get an error: "Can't find file to patch at input line 5."
    Pretty slow here too after the update. The Themes submenu isn't working for me either. The list everything option works though...