Page 184 of 305 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185186187188189194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 6094
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Before updating the webos i did the emergency patch thing to remove all my patches and also removed the theme i had installed. Now when i go into preware to install my patches every patch i try to install i get a error installing them. It won't let me install anything. Any one can help me get this fixed please, i want to add all the patches i had and the theme i want. I have uninstalled preware and reinstalled it, i don't know what else to do.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Before updating the webos i did the emergency patch thing to remove all my patches and also removed the theme i had installed. Now when i go into preware to install my patches every patch i try to install i get a error installing them. It won't let me install anything. Any one can help me get this fixed please, i want to add all the patches i had and the theme i want. I have uninstalled preware and reinstalled it, i don't know what else to do.
    Have you rebooted the phone?

If nothing else works, you can run the http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582 with the compatibility override option enabled. It will remove any patches and themes that may be broken and restore the files so you can reinstall them using Preware. Good luck.

ooops! NO YOU CAN'T. The Repair Utility is not ready for 1.3.1. Sorry!
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/14/2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Have you rebooted the phone?

If nothing else works, you can run the http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582 with the compatibility override option enabled. It will remove any patches and themes that may be broken and restore the files so you can reinstall them using Preware. Good luck.

ooops! NO YOU CAN'T. The Repair Utility is not ready for 1.3.1. Sorry!
    You can't run WebOS Repair utility until it works with 1.31, can you?

Bliip
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    You can't run WebOS Repair utility until it works with 1.31, can you?

Bliip
    Thought about it right after I hit Submit.
    i cant even get to the theme section
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    You seem to be having the same problem as me. I did remove theme, then did emergency patch recovery, then rebooted before running the update. I notices in WebOS Quick Install that I did not remove the popup block patch or the iphone emulator patch. I am now getting errors in Preware and am unable to install patch or themes. Log says "wget server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not found"

Can anyone help on this? I've tried rebooting, installing package manager & preware.

Thanks!

BLiip
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I have the same problem on two Pres.
    I removed package manager and preware with webos quick install, and reinstalled them trying both the installer and quickinstall resulting in the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Nope, I'm unable to reproduce that one or even create a theory why it might be occurring.

To debug further, email me your /var/log/messages file, and the output of:

ls -l /etc/event.d/
    ls -l /usr/lib/luna/java/
    ls -lR /var/usr/lib/ipkg/
    ls -l /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/

-- Rod
    You seem to be having the same problem as me. I did remove theme, then did emergency patch recovery, then rebooted before running the update. I notices in WebOS Quick Install that I did not remove the popup block patch or the iphone emulator patch. I am now getting errors in Preware and am unable to install patch or themes. Log says "wget server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not found"

Can anyone help on this? I've tried rebooting, installing package manager & preware.

Thanks!

BLiip
    Same error here when trying to reinstall patches. I followed all the uninstall directions before updating. Please help!

Nevermind - see this post http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...yone-else.html

Just need to manually Refresh the feeds first..
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Thanks!

BLiip
    I don't know if this info will help you at all, but it might: I ran WebOS Repair Utility instead of EPR before the update (just a personal preference). When I opened WebOS Quick Install, those patches were still checked. I unchecked them, got a Luna restart for my trouble, and went on to attempt to install a theme (didn't happen; installed using Preware later). The point is that I had already installed about 3 dozen patches using Preware. I'm not sure what effect the checked tweaks had; I image the Repair Utility removed them. But I would have expected EPR, run before the update, to do the same.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have the same error issue om re install of patches as wcarlson and blip. Weird thing is I could re intalss on the webos quick install. Please help!

forgive me but its been a while. Will the webos doctor repair utility completely reset the webos? Of course that's a if nothing else works option.
    Last edited by chuccck; 11/14/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I have the same problem on two Pres.
    I removed package manager and preware with webos quick install, and reinstalled them trying both the installer and quickinstall resulting in the same problem.
    FWIW, I broke down and doctored my phone and when I subsequently installed the Package Manager Service and Preware everything was fine.

Drastic measure, and I'm still hammering on the phone to get it back the way I had it, but it solved this problem for me.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    FWIW, I broke down and doctored my phone and when I subsequently installed the Package Manager Service and Preware everything was fine.

Drastic measure, and I'm still hammering on the phone to get it back the way I had it, but it solved this problem for me.
    You doctored your phone back to 1.2.1?
    Very slow for me..I keep rebooting hoping that things will eventually speed up...
    You doctored your phone back to 1.2.1?
    Yes, then allowed the OTA update to 1.3.1 to go ahead.
    My preware is very slow..it won't even log into the themes..scrolling is also very slow/laggy...it is not slow when opening, only when I am in it navigating through it!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I find scrolling in Preware, like scrolling in Contacts, to be faster since the update.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Thanks!

BLiip
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    Same error here when trying to reinstall patches. I followed all the uninstall directions before updating. Please help!

Nevermind - see this post http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...yone-else.html

Just need to manually Refresh the feeds first..
    I've followed all directions from a few different threads over the last few hours and have only been able to install one app, no patches & no themes.
    When I go to Themes in Preware and select the Themes category, it just freezes and won't allow me to go back- I just have to close Preware.
    Everything else just gets me an error like described above.
    -------------------
    UPDATE: Now, it seems to be working. I reset two times. Restarted Preware....
    All patches are installing, but I'm still getting stuck when I try to select anything in the Theme category.
    ------------------------------
    Even later... While I was out this evening, on a whim, I tried to see some themes.
    Tadaaa. I got a them loaded.
    Seems like everything is working now.
    Last edited by Trident; 11/14/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    I don't know if this info will help you at all, but it might: I ran WebOS Repair Utility instead of EPR before the update (just a personal preference). When I opened WebOS Quick Install, those patches were still checked. I unchecked them, got a Luna restart for my trouble, and went on to attempt to install a theme (didn't happen; installed using Preware later). The point is that I had already installed about 3 dozen patches using Preware. I'm not sure what effect the checked tweaks had; I image the Repair Utility removed them. But I would have expected EPR, run before the update, to do the same.
    WebOS Repair Utility should only used as an abosolute last resort when EPR didn't fix something.

The Repair Utility is not a suitable replacement for EPR, as it does not tell the ipkg database that the packages have been removed.

You should not recommend the Repair Utility as a replacement for EPR - it should only be used in a last resort situation where EPR failed for some obscure reason.

BTW, thanks for all the other help you've been providing to Preware users. It's very much appreciated.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I've followed all directions from a few different threads over the last few hours and have only been able to install one app, no patches & no themes.
    When I go to Themes in Preware and select the Themes category, it just freezes and won't allow me to go back- I just have to close Preware.
    Everything else just gets me an error like described above.
    -------------------
    UPDATE: Now, it seems to be working. I reset two times. Restarted Preware....
    You might want to follow @webosinternals on twitter, where I posted the work-around (in addition to a number of threads here) for the theme problem

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Everything in Preware is fine for me. I just cant load the themes feed for some odd reason.