Page 182 of 305 FirstFirst ... 82132172177178179180181182183184185186187192232282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 6094
    anyone notice that in 1.3.1 update, Preware requires heavier screen taps?

Also, theme does not seem to load,...it hangs

anyone else?

edit: I think the reason is/was because PreThemer is not online...which is causing Preware sluggish.

I removed it from the feeds, and performance seems to be back to normal
    Last edited by trim81; 11/14/2009 at 05:52 AM.
    i think what most users are experiencing is heavier screen taps all around the phone and not just on preware...

I personally haven't played aroudn enough with it yet to notice
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mine is stuck on the theme page that lets you choose between All and Themes also.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Update for my workaround. I was able to get a theme by using the "List of Everything" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    anyone notice that in 1.3.1 update, Preware requires heavier screen taps?

Also, theme does not seem to load,...it hangs

anyone else?

edit: I think the reason is/was because PreThemer is not online...which is causing Preware sluggish.

I removed it from the feeds, and performance seems to be back to normal
    Use the List of Everything, or go via the Feeds rather than the Types to get to the theme you want. Surprisingly, themes work fine on both the pre-release SDK 1.3.1-308 and the release SDK 1.3.1-314, but not on the device. We're looking into it.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    OK, this may not be the right place to post this, but it was my best guess, so here goes...

I just finished my update to 1.3.1, and have noticed a problem with Preware- doing anything with the Themes feed is non-functioning. Lemme give you all the info I have on what I've done so far since I found out the update was available earlier this evening. (Please note that I am NOT all uber-knowledgeable about the back-end of what is going on with the OS. However, I've worked in PC troubleshooting, so I can and will be of any help that I am able to provide, and I can follow directions well if you need me to test things out for you to reproduce and/or correct the issue. I'm great with Windows, ****-poor on Macs, and know next to nothing about Linux/Unix systems. I'm your general power user, with slightly more knowledge in other areas. You know, the type that knows when to come here and go, "Hey, People-More-Knowledgeable-Than-Me, help please!" rather than being an **** and shafting my OS trying to "fix" it. )

1. Removed my theme. Rebooted Pre.
    2. Ran Emergency Patch Repair. Rebooted Pre. Checked to ensure patches were removed, all clear.
    3. Updates to 1.3.1
    4. Ran the update to Preware, installed all my patches. Rebooted Pre. All patches were running smoothly and perfectly after reboot.
    5. Reloaded Preware, accessed Themes feed from bottom of list. NOTABLY slower load. First time, over 7 min to load. Second, over 10 min.
    6. Tapped "All" on screen that gives the option betwixt "All" and "Themes".
    7. Preware hangs.
    8. Closed Preware, and opted for the most logical thing I can think of to do when I have computer problems. You got it. Rebooted my Pre again.
    9. Reloaded Preware. Repeat Steps 5-7. It's currently STILL sitting on the screen to chose betwixt "All" and "Themes".

Now, I can minimise Preware to the card view, and my Pre runs fine, no lag anywhere else. All of my other apps are running fine. I am currently at home, running on my WiFi here, which is (just in case this is relevant) a 10meg cable connection. Go back to Preware, and open it to full screen view, and nothing responds. Cannot get the Preware menu from the top left to load, cannot go back a screen, cannot tap anything that is in the Preware app. I can open my Shortcut Menu (from the top right) and anything in my Notification ribbon, and the Wave Bar will pull up just fine. All of my other feeds in Preware loaded up just fine, with no notable lag or response issues.

OK. I hope this is the info you all need. I am running on the Sprint network (also in case that is pertinent). Help please?

Thanks much!

~Kelly
    Thanks for an excellent bug report.

There is a problem not found in the SDK with listing the whole 700 themes at once. Go through the List of Everything, or go via Feeds rather than Types to get to the themes you want. We'll try and diagnose the cause, but not being able to replicate it on the emulator makes it a bit harder than usual.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    5. Reloaded Preware, accessed Themes feed from bottom of list. NOTABLY slower load. First time, over 7 min to load. Second, over 10 min.
    6. Tapped "All" on screen that gives the option betwixt "All" and "Themes".
    7. Preware hangs.
    Its good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem....
    I did the exact same steps has you did.

PreWare hang when selecting either "All" or "Themes" when in the Theme Feed.

I tried going through the "List of Everything" in the Initial page pf PreWare
    Sorted it A-Z and got to download and install the theme I wanted.

Strange that the bug does not reproduce in emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhric View Post
    Its good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem....
    I did the exact same steps has you did.

PreWare hang when selecting either "All" or "Themes" when in the Theme Feed.

I tried going through the "List of Everything" in the Initial page pf PreWare
    Sorted it A-Z and got to download and install the theme I wanted.

Strange that the bug does not reproduce in emulator...
    Note that there is no network traffic happening when this hangs, and there are no messages between Preware and the Package Manager Service at this time either (both of these are as expected).

So the problem is purely limited to the Preware javascript code, where something in webOS has changed between 1.3.1-308 pre-release SDK version and the released 1.3.1 version on the device.

-- Rod
    I just want to thank everyone who is helping to make Preware more accessible to end-users with varying levels of experience.

It definitely gives me much more time to focus on the development rather than the support.

-- Rod
    I am having an issue with preware as well. I have not run the update yet. So far all I have done is run EPR. I tried to start preware again just to make sure that the all my patches were removed. I can not get preware past the downloading feeds screen. I have closed preware and tried retried it and also rebooted my pre. It is still not working. I have not let it try for 7-10 minutes like other people have. I guess that is what I am doing now. Should I wait before I install the update? Anyone find out how to fix this yet, or know what is going on?
    Hey guys! I just read all these previous posts but I have a question about future updates and what not. In the previous update for Preware, I noticed that it said it will detect what you are running and only show packages/ports that are available for your phone/OS. So today I updated to 1.3.1 and noticed that a bunch of patches were already in there. So I am assuming that all those patches are ready to go again. Am I wrong in assuming that? Also can I assume that when future updates come out the same will apply? They will only be available on Preware if they are compatible?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Do I need to uninstall preware before I run the 1.31 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by lobody94 View Post
    I didn't and it worked fine I did uninstall all the patches though.
    Last edited by PhantomPhreak53; 11/14/2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added about the patches
    Quote Originally Posted by lobody94 View Post
    You *always* need to uninstall your theme and your patches before each and every webOS update. You do not need to touch Preware.

We've just doubled the RAM allocation for preware.org to prepare for the spike in accesses which is happening right now.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks I have uninstalled all patches and themes. I will now venture into the dark side.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Hey guys! I just read all these previous posts but I have a question about future updates and what not. In the previous update for Preware, I noticed that it said it will detect what you are running and only show packages/ports that are available for your phone/OS. So today I updated to 1.3.1 and noticed that a bunch of patches were already in there. So I am assuming that all those patches are ready to go again. Am I wrong in assuming that? Also can I assume that when future updates come out the same will apply? They will only be available on Preware if they are compatible?
    That is correct. We ported 92 patches for 1.3.1 so they would be ready for today. The rest should come as people port them over the next days and weeks.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Nope, I'm unable to reproduce that one or even create a theory why it might be occurring.

To debug further, email me your /var/log/messages file, and the output of:

ls -l /etc/event.d/
    ls -l /usr/lib/luna/java/
    ls -lR /var/usr/lib/ipkg/
    ls -l /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/
    FWIW, when I first reported this, there were several other users already making similar reports, although I haven't seen them posting lately. Don't know if their problems solved themselves or they're hanging back to see if it gets fixed.

At any rate, I just did the 1.3.1 webos update after removing all patches (and the package service, since it wasn't working anyway). After restarting, I used WOQI to load the latest package manager service, restarted, then loaded Preware. Got the same "service not running" dialog.

Messages file attached (zipped to meet filesize limit here), and FWIW I'm seeing some details in there I didn't see the last time I pulled that file.

Output from ls commands:

ls -l /etc/event.d/
    output attached as event-d.txt

output attached as java.txt

output attached as ipkg.txt

output attached as ipkgservice.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. We ported 92 patches for 1.3.1 so they would be ready for today. The rest should come as people port them over the next days and weeks.

-- Rod
    But for future updates, if they appear in Preware, can we assume they are ready to go for our current version?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    But for future updates, if they appear in Preware, can we assume they are ready to go for our current version?
    Yes, that's the whole point of versioned feeds - we don't just blindly move the patches from one version to the next ...

Make sure you update your feeds after an OTA update, and you can then trust what you see.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    FWIW, when I first reported this, there were several other users already making similar reports, although I haven't seen them posting lately. Don't know if their problems solved themselves or they're hanging back to see if it gets fixed.

At any rate, I just did the 1.3.1 webos update after removing all patches (and the package service, since it wasn't working anyway). After restarting, I used WOQI to load the latest package manager service, restarted, then loaded Preware. Got the same "service not running" dialog.

Messages file attached (zipped to meet filesize limit here), and FWIW I'm seeing some details in there I didn't see the last time I pulled that file.

Output from ls commands:

ls -l /etc/event.d/
    output attached as event-d.txt

output attached as java.txt

output attached as ipkg.txt

output attached as ipkgservice.txt
    There's a lot of this:

Code:
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.111785Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/982775878) prelease state changed from stopping to killed
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.111968Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/982989501) prelease state changed from killed to post-stop
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.112152Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/983172607) prelease state changed from post-stop to starting
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.112335Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/983386230) Handling starting event
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.112579Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/983630371) prelease state changed from starting to pre-start
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.112792Z [48] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00048/983813476) prelease state changed from pre-start to spawned
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.145172Z [49] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00049/18542480) Active prelease main process (1549)
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.149566Z [49] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00049/23028564) prelease state changed from spawned to post-start
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.150665Z [49] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00049/23852539) prelease state changed from post-start to running
    2009-11-14T14:40:20.166687Z [49] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (00049/39996337) Handling started event
    in the messages file.

What is the 'prelease' service you have installed?

-- Rod