Page 180 of 305 FirstFirst ... 80130170175176177178179180181182183184185190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 6094
    typical Cowboys fan
    If you downloaded the theme through Preware, it should have prompted you to do a Luna Restart and, once restarted, the theme should have been active. Did you try a manual restart?

Device info ---> Reset Options ----> Restart
    If you downloaded the theme from Preware just reboot your Pre and it should be on there.
    just tried, pops up but nothing happens,
    Can you successfully install apps and tweaks through Preware?
    Try to delete the theme and install it again, I had to do that with the Florida Gators theme. For some reason it worked for me
    I've been out of town and incommunicado, but just tried reinstalling the package manager service, and tried the 0.9.8 alpha of Preware.

I still have the mysterious "Service not running" problem. Package Manager is apparently installed, but is shutting down.

Rod, any new insights on this problem? Any further diagnostics I can run to help figure out what's going wrong?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I read on the forums (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...-homebrew.html) that there have been problems loading preware on the pixi. I am not sure if this is a problem with the webOS Quick Install or preware, but it would be nice to see this ready to go when the pixi comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    I read on the forums (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...-homebrew.html) that there have been problems loading preware on the pixi. I am not sure if this is a problem with the webOS Quick Install or preware, but it would be nice to see this ready to go when the pixi comes out
    [I assume you're referring to the single post at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2031597 - which doesn't have enough information to be reliable evidence either way at the moment.]

Preware works fine on the Pixi emulator, and has been installed on the Pixi device weeks ago by Palm engineers. It also works fine on 1.3.1 on the Pre emulator and real device.

Note that if they have not updated from 1.2.9 to 1.3.1 on the Pixi, then they won't be seeing any Patches. Updating to 1.3.1 should give them access to the 90+ patches that have already been ported to 1.3.1 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    Finally got a moment to try the new alpha...works great for me. I was able to reinstall Prememo and it did not hang up Preware. Thanks Rod!
    OK, that makes 5 success reports. I'll push Preware 0.9.8 to the public feeds sometime this weekend.

Do the experienced users here think that the "Fix Unknown Types" preference should default to "Yes" or "No" for new users?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I've been out of town and incommunicado, but just tried reinstalling the package manager service, and tried the 0.9.8 alpha of Preware.

I still have the mysterious "Service not running" problem. Package Manager is apparently installed, but is shutting down.

Rod, any new insights on this problem? Any further diagnostics I can run to help figure out what's going wrong?
    Nope, I'm unable to reproduce that one or even create a theory why it might be occurring.

To debug further, email me your /var/log/messages file, and the output of:

ls -l /etc/event.d/
    ls -l /usr/lib/luna/java/
    ls -lR /var/usr/lib/ipkg/
    ls -l /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, that makes 5 success reports. I'll push Preware 0.9.8 to the public feeds sometime this weekend.

Do the experienced users here think that the "Fix Unknown Types" preference should default to "Yes" or "No" for new users?

-- Rod
    There might be another app or two that causes a prob (never know about those devs) but now that we know that the prob is most likely a user installed (pre preware) app, it is a 99% chance those people that did those will look here and we can help them. Turn it on by default. I love that it doesn't say unknown or "This is a webos app" anymore...
    ^ went through the same exact issue and resolution a while ago. Yes, the clean version is the only one that works for me also.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Hello!

I recently received my replacement pre in the mail from the insurance company and went through these steps.

1) Updated to WebOS 1.2.1

2) Downloaded all the necessary prerequistes for preware from WebOS Quick Install latest version and put preware on my phone

3) Put on the tweaks I wanted via WebOS Quick Install

4) Put a theme on via preware and 3 applications.

Today though, I was attempting to put more applications on my pre through preware and I'm getting this error message.

"Error Updating: See IPKG Log"

I've tried searching the forums for this problem and found a few threads but no solutions. Does anybody have any idea what I can try to fix this? Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by ENJYLFE View Post
    Okay... so I figured out that I had the "fancy" time stamp installed. So... I uninstalled it, and installed the "builtin" time stamp... Both... have the same word wrapping issue...

I installed the "clean" version... & wa-la... issue resolved...

Thanks for all your help...
    thats weird!!! ive had the fancy one for the longest and no issue...weird
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    Today though, I was attempting to put more applications on my pre through preware and I'm getting this error message.

"Error Updating: See IPKG Log"

I've tried searching the forums for this problem and found a few threads but no solutions. Does anybody have any idea what I can try to fix this? Thanks so much!
    What's the error? What does the log say?
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    What's the error? What does the log say?
    It says "Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    There might be another app or two that causes a prob (never know about those devs) but now that we know that the prob is most likely a user installed (pre preware) app, it is a 99% chance those people that did those will look here and we can help them. Turn it on by default. I love that it doesn't say unknown or "This is a webos app" anymore...
    The latest 0.9.8 has a try/catch construct around the JSON parsing, so if we get any other syntactically incorrect packages, it will just skip them and they will appear in Unknown list.

I agree that I'll probably default it to Yes and allow people to turn it off if they desire.

-- Rod
    So last week while i was sleeping my phone installed webOS 1.2.1 for the 3rd time but this time i had a bunch of patches installed and a theme from preware. The patches are now gone but they still show up as installed in preware. When i try to remove them i get an error How can I remove them so i can reinstall them? also its asking me to install 1.2.1 again!! ***

anyway thanks in advance!
    EPR on PreWare
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.