Page 18 of 305 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
    I apologize if this has been stated already. I have read every post over the last few days so I may have missed it.
    Do I need to be in Dev Mode to install from Preware?
    What about updating?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I am trying to uninstall the keyboard, to upload 1.2. I have tried at least 5 times since last night, and even kept Preware app open for over an hour. It just keeps loading. Why won't it open the program the rest of the way? I have already tried a soft reset.
    I get that every now and then, just close and re-open seems to clear it up...but i do find it happening quite often.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I'll keep trying that, but I'm on my 5th try in the past 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMiller613 View Post
    I apologize if this has been stated already. I have read every post over the last few days so I may have missed it.
    Do I need to be in Dev Mode to install from Preware?
    What about updating?
    Thanks
    You need to be in dev mode to use WebOS Quick Install.

Once you have Preware installed on your Pre, you no longer need dev mode.

You do not need to be in dev mode to use Preware to install things.

You do not need to be in dev mode to use Preware to update things.

If Preware tells you that you need to use WebOS Quick Install to update something, then you will need to use dev mode to run WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to be in dev mode to use WebOS Quick Install.

Once you have Preware installed on your Pre, you no longer need dev mode.

You do not need to be in dev mode to use Preware to install things.

You do not need to be in dev mode to use Preware to update things.

If Preware tells you that you need to use WebOS Quick Install to update something, then you will need to use dev mode to run WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to hear it from the pros.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm literally having the exact same problem, trying to do the exact same thing. Anyone have any other ideas other than repeatedly opening and closing preware
    Quote Originally Posted by afhb21 View Post
    I'm literally having the exact same problem, trying to do the exact same thing. Anyone have any other ideas other than repeatedly opening and closing preware
    I too have been seeing this issue for the past couple days or so..... not sure what started it or what is causing it....
    For so reason I can't open preware it keeps saying OnInfo Error TypeError:Cannot call method'toLowerCase'ofundefined
    I just try again later...usually works fine
    Can someone please tell me what the gnu patch is for.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I updated preware from 0.7.7 to 0.8.0 and it appears to be working fine. I uninstalled the keyboard and am just waiting for 1.2 to roll out
    I had this problem with it "Updating...", but I just reinstalled it and it worked.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Been having the same issue here
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    preware is refusing to load on my phone. It worked just fine, and I have used it several times, but starting today, it wont get past the loading spinner. is anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    preware is refusing to load on my phone. It worked just fine, and I have used it several times, but starting today, it wont get past the loading spinner. is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes, I am.
    Working for me. Did you update to the 0.8.2 service?
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/05/2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    It has been loading inconsistently for me today but if I close Preware and try again, it usually comes up.
    I thought it was taking too long to load, realized I was on EVDO so I swiped the card closed, enabled wifi and tried again, but this time it said ipkgservice wasn't running after it got to the main scene. so I rebooted and now I'm good.
    it seems to happen to me about 50% of the time, too. sometimes it'll load and sometimes it'll just get stuck at teh spinning icon forever. i'm not sure what's causing it but it does happen a lot. i don't think it's related to signal qualities because everything else still works fine. it might be related to one of the feed causing the whole app to hang, because i can get fileCoaster to load when Preware doesn't.