Page 179 of 305 FirstFirst ... 79129169174175176177178179180181182183184189229279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    can i create a patch request in this forum or should I go to homebrew for that?
    The webos-patches forum is best for that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I had to do a partial erase on my phone because my text message were disappearing. It deleted Palmware v0.9.0 and I reinstalled Palmware and now it is v0.9.7 but none of the patches I had installed are showing up. When I go to reinstall the patch it comes up with "Patch Error Installing: See IPKG Log." The log says Failed: ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

How do I remove the patches I have installed now or even just get them to show up on Palmware?
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    An updated 0.9.8 alpha is at

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

Same deal as before - but no need for dbus captures this time. Just tell me whether you get any hangs with Fix Unknown Types turned on.

This fix is no longer based on guesses, but on being able to reproduce the problem locally after good diagnosis, so I'm much more confident that this one will fix all the "fix unknowns" hanging problems.

Again, I'm looking for at least 5 positive responses from people who were getting the hang, before I push this to the public release feed.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    So far so good with version 9.8 and Fix Unknown Types turned on! To provide my history:

1. Version 9.7 seemed to have corrected the problem for me the first number of times I ran Preware, but then the problem reared its head again. I guess this can be a sporadic problem?

2. I did have a tetris app from danielfarina previously installed, but I had deleted that at least a month or so ago, so I don't have it anymore (unless remnants were not properly uninstalled?).

If anything changes, and 9.8 stops working for me, I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks Rod!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamvp5 View Post
    I had to do a partial erase on my phone because my text message were disappearing. It deleted Palmware v0.9.0 and I reinstalled Palmware and now it is v0.9.7 but none of the patches I had installed are showing up. When I go to reinstall the patch it comes up with "Patch Error Installing: See IPKG Log." The log says Failed: ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

How do I remove the patches I have installed now or even just get them to show up on Palmware?
    EPR

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    if anyone is still having trouble, try the tutorial at my site: http://themxweb.com/how-to-add-homebrew-applications/
    The new 9.8 functions correctly.

I provide this info just for completeness, as the old 9.8 alpha worked after I deleted the tetris app.

So I do not think my test provides any new information.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    So far so good with version 9.8 and Fix Unknown Types turned on! To provide my history:

1. Version 9.7 seemed to have corrected the problem for me the first number of times I ran Preware, but then the problem reared its head again. I guess this can be a sporadic problem?

2. I did have a tetris app from danielfarina previously installed, but I had deleted that at least a month or so ago, so I don't have it anymore (unless remnants were not properly uninstalled?).

If anything changes, and 9.8 stops working for me, I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks Rod!

Ditto on #2! all is still good here, new alpha installed fine and is workin great....I will try and install PreTris again and make sure it doesn't break it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    The new 9.8 functions correctly.

I provide this info just for completeness, as the old 9.8 alpha worked after I deleted the tetris app.

So I do not think my test provides any new information.
    Can you please reinstall the Tetris app, turn on Fix Unknown Types and report?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Crap...I've been lookin for pretris so I can reinstall it for ya. But I think the install procedure for this app was back when we had to e-mail it from precentral to get it on the pre...all the ipk links from the forums have been removed or are pointing at dead links. I think I might have it on a VM at work still. I'll check 1st thing in the am.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Crap...I've been lookin for pretris so I can reinstall it for ya. But I think the install procedure for this app was back when we had to e-mail it from precentral to get it on the pre...all the ipk links from the forums have been removed or are pointing at dead links. I think I might have it on a VM at work still. I'll check 1st thing in the am.
    Found a little bit older one than what I had b4...but I can still try it.
    RW: can you look in this ipk and see if it has the same syntax prob as the one I had b4?
    This one is ver 1.8 and the one list_installed.txt says I had was 2.0.

added the .txt to the end so PC would let it upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Found a little bit older one than what I had b4...but I can still try it.
    RW: can you look in this ipk and see if it has the same syntax prob as the one I had b4?
    This one is ver 1.8 and the one list_installed.txt says I had was 2.0.

added the .txt to the end so PC would let it upload.
    Yes, it has the syntax error in the appinfo.txt

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Yes, it has the syntax error in the appinfo.txt

-- Rod
    <AMRCC> rwhitby: loading package information....
    <AMRCC> rwhitby: complete...fixin unknown pkgs ...1...2...3...24
    <AMRCC> x2 ... worked...
    <AMRCC> x3...turned off the theme feeds...still good...
    <AMRCC> x4...updatin to new vk just released with autocorrect support :) ...restart luna... preware still sails right thru fixin unkwn pkgs... looks like u fixed it! wtg! rwhitby

-- Rod
    I thought, "yeah right...maybe I still have Win386 disks somewhere around here too..."

Then I saw this...

Crap...I've been lookin for pretris so I can reinstall it for ya. But I think the install procedure for this app was back when we had to e-mail it from precentral to get it on the pre...all the ipk links from the forums have been removed or are pointing at dead links......

Wow! what a memory, amrcc. Must be all the way back from... July??

So I still had version 2.0 on the PC from e-mail install days. Found it and installed via Putty (as I'm way to lazy to actually plug the Pre in) - (which reminds me to speak to you about all this work you have me doing on my Pre)

Preware 0.9.8 alpha updated and 'fixed' the package just fine.

db

(please insert smileys above where you deem appropriate)
    Everytime I try to go to preware it keeps stalling out and restarting my phone. I notice that is says play with feeds but I can't figure out which one is working and which isn't. I tried updating all my feeds, I tried disabling all my feeds, now I get the Notice: To many cards not enough memory. I have downloaded numberous patches and one theme. Please let me know what my options are and how I can take care of this problem. Can I erase the preware and start over, are you not aloud to go to palm pre application catalog or the file coaster(because I never had a problem before I went there) I know you can't do any updates....but what else can't you do when you have the PREWARE installed in you phone.

Thank you in advance, and I'm not "Techy" so please explain in the most simplest directions...." I'm honest I just want my to be working properly!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLAY View Post
    Everytime I try to go to preware it keeps stalling out and restarting my phone. I notice that is says play with feeds but I can't figure out which one is working and which isn't. I tried updating all my feeds, I tried disabling all my feeds, now I get the Notice: To many cards not enough memory. I have downloaded numberous patches and one theme. Please let me know what my options are and how I can take care of this problem. Can I erase the preware and start over, are you not aloud to go to palm pre application catalog or the file coaster(because I never had a problem before I went there) I know you can't do any updates....but what else can't you do when you have the PREWARE installed in you phone.

Thank you in advance, and I'm not "Techy" so please explain in the most simplest directions...." I'm honest I just want my to be working properly!!!
    OK Replay, here is my crack at it. If anything isn't specific enough, search the forum and you will be able to fill in the gaps. I'm guessing a theme or some other PATCH has killed preware. Don't worry about homebrew apps. BEFORE DOING ANY OF THESE STEPS, TRY A SHIFT (ORANGE BUTTON) + TAP THE ICON TO DELETE PREWARE AND THEN RELOAD IT AS YOU DID ORIGINALLY. If that doesn't work, proceed at your own risk...

1. Put your phone in developer mode.
    2. Install WebOS Quick Install on your PC.
    3. Plug phone into PC and choose 'Just Charge'
    4. Launch Quick Install, remove suspect patches or all patches and themes.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. Test Preware.
    7. If it still isn't working, unload preware using QI, reboot, reload and test.

GOOD LUCK!
    Preware isn't going to affect anything on the phone itself. It's just an application to use as a tool for applying other features. You can do updates with Preware installed, the recommendation is that you remove the patches/tweeks before updating to avoid conflicts with how they modify Palms code. The patches are a separate entity than Peware application which allows you to do more than just patch.

We should clarify your issue some.

For Preware not loading or stalling and restarting I would first say remove Preware and try reinstalling it.

If that does not fix the issue or prior to reinstalling Preware you are having other issues, say with the app catalog or other apps then I would say run the WebOS Doctor on your phone and see if that corrects the issues with various apps. Once the phone is behaving normally again then try reinstalling Preware. That should get you backon track.
    I need some serious help. Let me try to play with this some more and read the instructions. How come preware is not showing up as an icon on my phone? My co-worker got it but she doesn't remeber how she did it.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    I need some serious help. Let me try to play with this some more and read the instructions. How come preware is not showing up as an icon on my phone? My co-worker got it but she doesn't remeber how she did it.
    If it isn't an icon on your phone, it's not installed. If you're using WebOS Quick Install, go to Device Management and see what you've installed on your phone. If you installed the Package Manager Service, but not Preware, then you need to install Preware. If both are showing as installed, uninstall both and start again.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    An updated 0.9.8 alpha is at

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

Same deal as before - but no need for dbus captures this time. Just tell me whether you get any hangs with Fix Unknown Types turned on.

This fix is no longer based on guesses, but on being able to reproduce the problem locally after good diagnosis, so I'm much more confident that this one will fix all the "fix unknowns" hanging problems.

Again, I'm looking for at least 5 positive responses from people who were getting the hang, before I push this to the public release feed.

Thanks,

-- Rod

Finally got a moment to try the new alpha...works great for me. I was able to reinstall Prememo and it did not hang up Preware. Thanks Rod!
    I have loaded all preware on to phone. I installed Dallas cowboys theme, it shows items i can have, the question is , how do i install the theme on the phone.Where do I click to have the theme take over the phone? MD