Page 178 of 305 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    I would agree if my problem hadn't been solved by merely installing the newest versions of package service and preware, but maybe that's still somehow related...
    Turn the "Fix Unknown Types" preference on, and see if you still get the problem.

0.9.7 has it turned off by default so the problem doesn't get tickled.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    Jeff, if you tell me how to hit the thank you button, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    I know Cas... I was thanking Jeff. I got it to work.
    Sorry. I thought you were asking how to thank him using the "thank you button."
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, so it always hangs on 6 of 24 now?

Can you run ipkg -o /var list_installed and post the output please?

Anyone else who has a dbus trace of a hang, please also accompany it by the output of that command.

This is now starting to smell like a specific package is causing the problem.

-- Rod
    Ok...added my installed apps to my previous post (http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...27#post2029627).

BTW...Mine always hangs on 6 of 34.
    I downloaded PreWare last night. Along with it I downloaded the "Txt Manager" and the SMS Tone per contact patch and a couple of soundboards. Now my call log no longer saves my call history. I changed my Txt alert tone, message tone and notification tone. Its crap, the tone continues on a text even when I check it. It also changed the beep when I plug my Pre in to charge. now I hear my txt tone. There wasno option to get the default tone back, so I deleted TXT Manager and the SMS patch. Somebody Help Me!!!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Search factory sounds; find this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1965528

I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    With Rod's help, we seem to have found the package that is hanging up Preware during the "Fixing Unknown Packages" phase during startup. If you are seeing a hang while it performs this operation, remove com.danielfarina.prememo. Please post if that fixes the problem for you or if you don't even have that package installed and still have the problem.
    I did not have that package installed and was experiencing the problem until I upgraded to the newest service and preware on the test site.
    I was running the latest version when the error happened. Then I tried installing and unistalling package service and preware about every different way I could think. Finally I gave up and just Webos Doctored my phone. After it finished I was able to reinstall with the preware v9.5 jar file and get everything working. I then update with preware the package service and then the Preware. Still don't know what happened. I do run alot of tweaks, but who knows what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    With Rod's help, we seem to have found the package that is hanging up Preware during the "Fixing Unknown Packages" phase during startup. If you are seeing a hang while it performs this operation, remove com.danielfarina.prememo. Please post if that fixes the problem for you or if you don't even have that package installed and still have the problem.
    Note that there is no problem with that package itself, it just happens to trigger a bug in Preware. There may be more than one package which triggers the bug. Now that we know at least one package that triggers it, we can find the bug

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    I noticed that app toward the bottom of almost every cap I have done too...
    Posting my ipkg -o /var list_installed shortly....
    Note that there is no problem with that package itself, it just happens to trigger a bug in Preware. There may be more than one package which triggers the bug. Now that we know at least one package that triggers it, we can find the bug

-- Rod
    I had the tetris game from danielfarina. I deleted it and re-ran 9.8 Preware with the 'fixing' enabled.

It ran to completion with no hangs.

Nice detective work.

db
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    root@castle: ipkg -o /var list_installed

is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    I had the tetris game from danielfarina. I deleted it and re-ran 9.8 Preware with the 'fixing' enabled.

It ran to completion with no hangs.

Nice detective work.

db
    Bingo...It is called PreTris (make that *was* called)...
    Removed and PW rocks right thru fixin.....

Edit: I have a newer version of danielfarina's PreTris called BlockDrop still on there and that one is not causing any issues.
    It would be nice if Preware could save a profile of all the patches installed on your phone. Then after you do a Palm Update you can load your "preware profile" and re-install all the same patches easily.
    Found the problem.

The appinfo.json file for PreMemo has invalid syntax:

Code:
    {
            "id": "com.danielfarina.prememo",
            "version": "1.0",
            "vendor": "DanielFarina.com",
            "type": "web",
            "main": "index.html",
            "title": "PreMemo",
            "icon": "icon.png"
    }

}

}
    It's those extra '}' characters at the end that are causing the JSON parser to barf.

Of course, Preware needs to be robust enough to handle anything that authors throw at it in appinfo.json files, so we should be able to fix this bug now.

I want to express my deep gratitude to those people who have gone out of their way to help us diagnose this problem. You guys are what makes the community great!

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/12/2009 at 05:06 PM.
    GREAT IDEA!!!!

I would love a feature like this as well!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You guys ARE awesome. I have that same "pre-tetris" game as well. Let me delete and move along my merry way.
    Okay... so I figured out that I had the "fancy" time stamp installed. So... I uninstalled it, and installed the "builtin" time stamp... Both... have the same word wrapping issue...

I installed the "clean" version... & wa-la... issue resolved...

Thanks for all your help...
    An updated 0.9.8 alpha is at

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

Same deal as before - but no need for dbus captures this time. Just tell me whether you get any hangs with Fix Unknown Types turned on.

This fix is no longer based on guesses, but on being able to reproduce the problem locally after good diagnosis, so I'm much more confident that this one will fix all the "fix unknowns" hanging problems.

Again, I'm looking for at least 5 positive responses from people who were getting the hang, before I push this to the public release feed.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    An updated 0.9.8 alpha is at

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

Same deal as before - but no need for dbus captures this time. Just tell me whether you get any hangs with Fix Unknown Types turned on.

This fix is no longer based on guesses, but on being able to reproduce the problem locally after good diagnosis, so I'm much more confident that this one will fix all the "fix unknowns" hanging problems.

Again, I'm looking for at least 5 positive responses from people who were getting the hang, before I push this to the public release feed.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    As stated before I was getting the hang up before. I just updated to 9.8 and it went perfect! Thanks to all of you who spoil us lay-people so much. Plus, I did not delete the Pre-tetris either and all was smooth.

on a side note: can i create a patch request in this forum or should I go to homebrew for that?
    Last edited by tripsbacks; 11/12/2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added info