Page 177 of 305 FirstFirst ... 77127167172173174175176177178179180181182187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 6094
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    it says checking system it may take 15-60 mins., is this right? I was watching you tube and their screen didn't do this.
    Did you run webOS Doctor? If you did, it's returning your phone to factory settings. When it finishes, you'll need to set up your Palm Profile again and resynch any cloud-based data.
    Ok, so it says it reset my phone so now I have to put in all my login information to get my info. restored. What did this do? Can you help me please? Now, what do I do? I can't find webOS quick install on my computer.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Please understand that this may sound patronizing, but I don't mean it that way at all. I'm just concerned that you're trying to do some fairly involved things without having a solid foundation in the process. This (Q&A posts in a thread) is not the best way to learn how to use WebOS Quick Install or Preware. Please allow me to suggest that you go here (http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...es-themes.html) and start reading. The article is still in beta, but it will get you started. Then you want to do some reading here (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1946232) and here (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post1855803). In fact the beta guide will refer you to these threads for more info.

Get a solid understanding of the process before you attempt it and I know it will run more smoothly for you. You'll be enhancing your phone in no time.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    Ok, so it says it reset my phone so now I have to put in all my login information to get my info. restored. What did this do? Can you help me please? Now, what do I do? I can't find webOS quick install on my computer.
    just do a search on ur pc for it....if you can't find it try again......
    what I did was put the webosquick in my docs folder....in a folder I named webosquickinstall.....when you run webos quick install it will ask you if you have webos docter.....you need this in the same folder.....when you have both of these in the same folder make an icon for webosquickinstall.jar......put this icon on ur desktop....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ryleyinstl;2029509][url= Preware here![/url]

[url]

it is easier to just go to the feeds in webosquickinstall......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Thanks cas esq!!!
    Jeff, if you tell me how to hit the thank you button, I will.
    Thank you everyone for your help today, have a wonderful evening!!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm not Jeff -- and there's no obligation -- but the Thanks! button is in the lower right corner of every post.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What version of Preware are you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I think my post got lost in the sea of stuff related to the new update. Anyone know what stuff was a part of this feed and if it is now hosted by one of the other feeds? I'm curious as right now it is nice to know that everything available for webOS as far as I know is either available between the official catalog and preware/webos quick install.
    http://www.preyourmind.org/services/feed/Packages

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm still running 0.9.5 and for some reason I don't see anything from either webos-internals feed anymore. I have them enabled in preferences, and I have the app set to update every time I launch it.. still I see nothing from either of those two feeds. I've been trying to get wIRC installed for the last day or so and I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out why it won't show up for me.

Should I try reinstalling 0.9.5 from my desktop?
    I know Cas... I was thanking Jeff. I got it to work.
    New version DID fix my problem with hanging on unknown items. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I'm still running 0.9.5 and for some reason I don't see anything from either webos-internals feed anymore. I have them enabled in preferences, and I have the app set to update every time I launch it.. still I see nothing from either of those two feeds. I've been trying to get wIRC installed for the last day or so and I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out why it won't show up for me.

Should I try reinstalling 0.9.5 from my desktop?
    It's likely that the method you used to install the Package Manager Service did not run the post-install script which configures the feeds.

In your feeds management page, if the URL for any of the feeds just says 'feed' instead of a preware.org URL, then you need to reinstall the Package Manager Service properly using one of the officially documented methods.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    turned check for unknown back on
    set updates back to manual
    installed 0.9.8 via term and the bitly optimized command
    verifiied 0.9.8
    started pw

still hangs 6 of 24 ... x2 .. 6 of 24 again (? never got anything but 1 or y-1 two times in a row before) ... restart ... x3 ... 6 of 24 again.

cap attached
    OK, so it always hangs on 6 of 24 now?

Can you run ipkg -o /var list_installed and post the output please?

Anyone else who has a dbus trace of a hang, please also accompany it by the output of that command.

This is now starting to smell like a specific package is causing the problem.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    I have gotten the hangup described, but last night a reboot got me in, it happened again this morning and just getting out and back into Preware got me in, so I doubt I fit your "test group", but if you'd like me to test let me know....

I am now on v0.9.7, FWI.
    Thanks for the offer - we've got a good set of data now.

-- Rod
    I would agree if my problem hadn't been solved by merely installing the newest versions of package service and preware, but maybe that's still somehow related...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Rod,
    On the second reboot of my PC, I tried the jar file again and now it says that it has installed Preware!

But Preware does not show in the Launcher. I do a Luna Restart and now guess what? Preware is there! But it has installed version 0.9.5.
    Yes, since Preware can always upgrade itself, we don't bother releasing the installer for every version, just for known better-than-beta versions.

I instead run WOSQI → Apps → WOSI All Feed → Check Preware → Download → Close → Install and it installs the current Preware.
    Yep, the idea of the installer is that it is independent of the feeds, and will still work even if preware.org was down.

There is no Preware Installer thread to ask for help.

Currently the Preware Installer is for top users who are at a developer skill level.
    Fully agree. We need people to change that - we're just at the start of that journey.

Greg Roll wrote the installer - I've never run the Windows.exe myself and have no idea how it works. I've run the .jar installer on MacOSX, and it works in the same way as WebOS Quick Install and has much the same prerequisites. I've never run it on Windows.

Thanks for all this work Craig - hopefully those with better understanding of how the Windows installer works or how Java works on Windows can answer your questions.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    It freezes at 6 of 24 every single time for me with 0.9.8
    Repeatability is half-way to solving the problem. So at least the serialisation of the luna dbus service calls in 0.9.8 did something useful :-)

-- Rod