Page 175 of 305 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175176177178179180185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 6094
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Dang, wouldve loved to test this alpha version NOW but I won't be near a laptop with WebOS QI till tonight (EST). Will test it tonight - thanks! I upgraded to .7 and the problem is bypassed / fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Dang, wouldve loved to test this alpha version NOW but I won't be near a laptop with WebOS QI till tonight (EST). Will test it tonight - thanks! I upgraded to .7 and the problem is bypassed / fixed.
    Do you have Terminal installed?

You can install the alpha version using:

Code:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/org.webosinternals.preware_0.9.8_all.ipk
    or to save you typing:

Code:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install http://bit.ly/3kHRiB
    Since Preware (as opposed to the Package Manager Service) does not have an installation script, you don't need to run any postinst file.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Terminal tip and full link (including commands)! Installed 0.9.8 alpha quickly, and ...

Preware still gets stuck. This time, at "7 of 23". I'll leave it running to see if it gets past this.
    Thanks for the Terminal tip and full link (including commands)! Installed 0.9.8 alpha quickly, and ...

Preware still gets stuck. This time, at "7 of 23". I'll leave it running to see if it gets past this.
    Hmm - that's not good news - can you confirm it's 0.9.8 running, and can you post a dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice trace later?

Don't leave it running - it's either instantaneous or hung forever. But please do see if it's repeatable every time.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Can you tell me how to do this trace? (On commuter train for the next hour, hence my availability via Pre only!) I'll also search through older posts too.
    Can you tell me how to do this trace? (On commuter train for the next hour, hence my availability via Pre only!) I'll also search through older posts too.
    dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice 2>&1 >/tmp/trace.log

Run that *before* you start Preware, then stop it after Preware hangs.

Then post trace.log ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    How do I stop the trace after Preware hangs? If these questions are soo basic, I apologize - at least I'm getting these done, sheepish grin.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    p.s. It's indeed 0.9.8
    How do I stop the trace after Preware hangs? If these questions are soo basic, I apologize - at least I'm getting these done, sheepish grin.
    Ctrl-C (but I don't know how to do that in Terminal).

Perhaps you can post the file while Preware is still hung, and then reboot :-)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Willdo :-) I'll see if I can figure out how to open and post the results.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    (For the record, to do a Ctrl-C in Terminal on the Pre, do a Sym-C.)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I've captured to trace.txt but haven't been able to figure out how to read or attach it from within the Pre -- DocView doesn't find it, and email doesn't see it in the list of doc/text attachments. Growl. Might call for a trip to the Sprint store to get a spare USB / car charger (which I need anyway), so that I can attach it to my work computer and find the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I checked preware today as I do pretty much every day to see whats new. Today i see an update to package manager and change log says PreYourMind.org is shutting down and so the feed is being removed. Is the stuff from that feed being hosted elsewhere? I don't even know for sure what stuff was on the feed since I only look at the category listings and not by feed.
    I think my post got lost in the sea of stuff related to the new update. Anyone know what stuff was a part of this feed and if it is now hosted by one of the other feeds? I'm curious as right now it is nice to know that everything available for webOS as far as I know is either available between the official catalog and preware/webos quick install.
    I am trying to enable patches in Preload but it fails everytime. In the address bar it says "failed...".

Anyone know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have Preware 0.9.8 ready for alpha testing.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

This version serialises the calls to ipkgservice to make sure that there is never more than one outstanding luna dbus service call at any time. If our theory about why the hang is happening is correct, then will fix it. But since neither oil nor I have ever been able to experience the hang, we can't test it ourselves and need your help.

You need to be someone who can get Preware to hang on fixing packages if the Fix Unknown Types preference is set to Yes. Then you install the alpha 0.9.8 version of Preware and tell me if it fixes the problem or not.

You can install the alpha version using WebOS Quick Install. Worst case, if the problem is not fixed, you just set the preference back to No and continue without problems.

Please test and report. I'll be looking for at least 5 people who had the problem to report that this fixes the problem with the preference set to Yes before I release it to the public feeds.

I am expecting at least JoshMend, jokerzwyld77, dbtrade, MrJspeed, tuz, jhoff80, tripsbacks, maxima2k53, cas_esq, amrcc, and ghjm to test this alpha version for me

Thanks,

-- Rod
    I'll be happy to be a guinea pig. I'll install 9.8 tonight when I get home from work. 9.7 is working great of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have Preware 0.9.8 ready for alpha testing.

Please test and report. I'll be looking for at least 5 people who had the problem to report that this fixes the problem with the preference set to Yes before I release it to the public feeds.

I am expecting at least JoshMend, jokerzwyld77, dbtrade, MrJspeed, tuz, jhoff80, tripsbacks, maxima2k53, cas_esq, amrcc, and ghjm to test this alpha version for me

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Dude, I learn so much from you in addition to the great apps and patches.

But sadly, I must report that the .8 version does not fix the hang with 'fixing unknown apps'. Now it hangs after 6 of 33.

It works just great when I disable the fixing.

Will check tonight if you still need log when I am able.

Thanks,

db

PS thanks for the tiny URL for updating via terminal
    Last edited by dbtrade; 11/12/2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: check tonight
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    turned check for unknown back on
    set updates back to manual
    installed 0.9.8 via term and the bitly optimized command
    verifiied 0.9.8
    started pw

still hangs 6 of 24 ... x2 .. 6 of 24 again (? never got anything but 1 or y-1 two times in a row before) ... restart ... x3 ... 6 of 24 again.

cap attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by amrcc; 11/12/2009 at 12:32 PM.
    I need some help installing preware, can someone help me? I went to the website and tried to find a link but I could not find it. I also used the internet browser on the phone and that did not work either. I also type in upupdown...... and that did not work. HELP ME PLEASE

I need to forward text message too and I see there is a patch under preware.
    I need some help. I don't understand how to install this software.