Page 174 of 305 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 6094
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    In the next update, could you include a way to hide things that you don't want to see anymore? I check preware twice a day to see if there are any new updates to apps I have or if there are any new apps i might want. This would be much easier if I could hide things I have already seen and don't want. Similar to how windows update does it.
    How do i install the package manager?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sftball4me95 View Post
    How do i install the package manager?
    I take it you downloaded Preware using WebOS Quick Install. You download the Package Manager Service the same way you downloaded Preware; it's the program right above Preware in the alpha listing. Does that help?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Rod - most times it hangs on the second from last "Unknown" irrespective of the number of feeds etc. Sometimes it hangs a few numbers past 1 (especially if I twiddle with feeds).
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Does it always hang on the last app, irrespective of how many feeds are enabled?

-- Rod
    I believe so.

There was one time where it stopped for awhile at 24 out of 33 but that was because I was fiddling with the feeds while it was 'fixing the unknown apps'.

But if memory serves, I set the phone down for a moment after that to deal with life, and when I looked again, it had made it to 32 of 33.
    I get a "The package manager service is not running" error. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both preware and the package manager service.
    my preware is working now thanks! but i can't find the patch folder on it to get the keyboard
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sftball4me95 View Post
    my preware is working now thanks! but i can't find the patch folder on it to get the keyboard

Choose "List of Everything" and type virtual. Be sure to choose the Virtual Keyboard, not the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard. Good luck.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/13/2009 at 02:01 AM.
    anyone else unable to install themes since updating preware? It goes through the whole shpiel even restarts but no theme. If I go back to preware it shows no themes installed. I apologize if this has been addressed but my search turned up nothing.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Lockup troubleshooting....

rwhitby asked me to post these results from running the dbus cap in terminal.
    It locked up earlier than usual when running it this way. It locked up Just after "loading package information"..."Complete" and just before b4 "Fixin..."

Screen cap attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by amrcc; 11/11/2009 at 09:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    For the people who are locking up, rwhitby needs to know the following info:
    Turn on all feeds and please report Y in the "X of Y" number.
    - update setting doesn't matter (you can set it to manual to speed this process up a bit)
    - turning them all on sounds backwards but turning them all on will make it so it doesn't have to scan as much during the startup process and tests just what they need to know to troubleshoot.

Mine Y is 24

-we already know that it hangs on different X nums (most times 1 or or Y-1)...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Hi , have a small problem myself . I was having phone going "offline" issues so for some reason I did a partial reset aside from losing all my contacts , they have not come back it's been four hours and I have the 2 original sprint contacts that's it. My second problem is that I did not uninstall any preware or patches before the p. erase and now after reinstalling preware I am getting ipk errors trying to install any patches that I had before the p. erase any help in the right direction to fix this would be helpful . I will keep reding until then thanks...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    My second problem is that I did not uninstall any preware or patches before the p. erase and now after reinstalling preware I am getting ipk errors trying to install any patches that I had before the p. erase any help in the right direction to fix this would be helpful . I will keep reding until then thanks...
    I suppose you could run EPR, but my preferred solution is to run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582 with compatibility override enabled. I like to watch it work.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My Y is 25 (hangs on 24 of 25). The attached cap.zip contains cap.txt which was produced by the following command:

dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice 2> cap.txt

I started the capture first, then launched Preware and waited for the hang, then closed Preware, then stopped the capture.

I think people on this thread are running the capture to the terminal window, which slows everything down to a crawl. If you redirect it to a file then it doesn't slow things down (that I could notice). You have to redirect stderr instead of stdout because that's where dbus-util sends its output, hence 2> instead of just >. Unless you've installed bash, 2>&1 doesn't work.

-Graham
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Here's what I did:

Code:
    cd /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/app/models
    mv pagkages.jsjsjs $packages$.$js$.$orig$
    $cat$ $packages$.$js$.$orig$ | $sed$ '$s$/$this$.$unknownCount$ &$gt$; $0$/$1$==$0$/' &$gt$; $packages$.$js$
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$applicationManager$/$rescan$ {}
    This disables the fixing of unknown packages feature. I don't know if the luna rescan is actually necessary or not. I assume that the next update of Preware will overwrite packages.jsjsjs, $so$ $keeping$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $packages$.$js$.$orig$ $is$ $probably$ $unnecessary$.

If there's anything else I can do to help find the permanent fix, I'm happy to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjm View Post
    Here's what I did:

Code:
    cd /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/app/models
    mv pagkages.jsjsjs $packages$.$js$.$orig$
    $cat$ $packages$.$js$.$orig$ | $sed$ '$s$/$this$.$unknownCount$ &$gt$; $0$/$1$==$0$/' &$gt$; $packages$.$js$
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$applicationManager$/$rescan$ {}
    This disables the fixing of unknown packages feature. I don't know if the luna rescan is actually necessary or not. I assume that the next update of Preware will overwrite packages.jsjsjs, $so$ $keeping$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $packages$.$js$.$orig$ $is$ $probably$ $unnecessary$.

If there's anything else I can do to help find the permanent fix, I'm happy to help.
    There will be a Preware 0.9.7 in the feeds shortly (within 30 mins) with a Preferences option which enables and disables this functionality while we work on the real fix for 0.9.8 (which will be hours away at least) ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There will be a Preware 0.9.7 in the feeds shortly (within 30 mins) with a Preferences option which enables and disables this functionality while we work on the real fix for 0.9.8 (which will be hours away at least) ...
    Preware 0.9.7 is now in the feeds - if you manage to get through the loading screens, you can use preware to upgrade itself. If not, use WebOS Quick Install to upgrade Preware (no need to remove anything, just upgrade it).

This version has the "Fix Unknown Types" preference turned off by default, while we work out a more robust way of implementing that functionality.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    0.9.7 works for me. Please disregard my patch :-)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    0.9.7 fixes the prob. It defaults the checking for unknown types to off.
    To Turn it back on see the setting in Prefs...
    (see attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by amrcc; 11/12/2009 at 01:16 AM.
    I have Preware 0.9.8 ready for alpha testing.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.8_all.ipk

This version serialises the calls to ipkgservice to make sure that there is never more than one outstanding luna dbus service call at any time. If our theory about why the hang is happening is correct, then will fix it. But since neither oil nor I have ever been able to experience the hang, we can't test it ourselves and need your help.

You need to be someone who can get Preware to hang on fixing packages if the Fix Unknown Types preference is set to Yes. Then you install the alpha 0.9.8 version of Preware and tell me if it fixes the problem or not.

You can install the alpha version using WebOS Quick Install. Worst case, if the problem is not fixed, you just set the preference back to No and continue without problems.

Please test and report. I'll be looking for at least 5 people who had the problem to report that this fixes the problem with the preference set to Yes before I release it to the public feeds.

I am expecting at least JoshMend, jokerzwyld77, dbtrade, MrJspeed, tuz, jhoff80, tripsbacks, maxima2k53, cas_esq, amrcc, and ghjm to test this alpha version for me

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/12/2009 at 04:13 AM.