Page 172 of 305 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172173174175176177182222272 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 6094
    u dont have to reboot the phone...just exit preware and open it again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

just updated from 9.5 to 9.6 and mine is stuck at "fixing unknown packages". it's on 33 of 34 and been there for 15 minutes. is this normal or do i need to do something?
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    just updated from 9.5 to 9.6 and mine is stuck at "fixing unknown packages". it's on 33 of 34 and been there for 15 minutes. is this normal or do i need to do something?
    exit preware and open it again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I, and all the others with problems, I would expect, have indeed tried closing and opening preware, to no avail.
    I just rebooted my phone and still get stuck at 33 of 34. Should try removing preware and installing it again or will this cause havoc with my installed patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    I, and all the others with problems, I would expect, have indeed tried closing and opening preware, to no avail.
    how weird bc its worked for me...out of the times ive opened preware it gets stuck at the downloading feed...i just exit w8 like 5-10 seconds open up and it works...so i dont know wut u guys r doing wrong but hopefully u get it sorted out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I just rebooted my phone and still get stuck at 33 of 34. Should try removing preware and installing it again or will this cause havoc with my installed patches?
    just to make sure...remove both preware and package manager service....then install package manager service...then install preware then reboot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Opening and closing Preware often works, but it did not work for "fixing unknown packages" -- at least, not when I did it. Luna restart didn't work either. I rebooted; that worked. I did not uninstall the PMS or Preware. My 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Opening and closing Preware often works, but it did not work for "fixing unknown packages" -- at least, not when I did it. Luna restart didn't work either. I rebooted; that worked. My 2 cents.
    im glad the reboot worked for u...last night when the whole fixing unknown packages got stuck for me...i just exited preware and opened it again and it went fast so yeah everyone has different outputs of wuts happening..hopefully an update fixes it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

10. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    how do you uninstall the package mgr?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    how do you uninstall the package mgr?
    use webOS quick install...tools device managements
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

still no go................i uninstalled and re-installed...........stuck at 33 of 34. I am screwed now because i cannot remove any patches if preware will not load up all the way.
    still no go................i uninstalled and re-installed...........stuck at 33 of 34. I am screwed now because i cannot remove any patches if preware will not load up all the way.
    just calm down...give it couple minutes breathe in breathe out...if it worked for me it should work for u....maybe u have a slow connection? i have no idea but it worked for me last night and this morning
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Question??????

I have had preware since i got my pre (a couple of months ago)
    >>>Do you turn off developer mode after you install preware???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by jacr91 View Post
    Question??????

I have had preware since i got my pre (a couple of months ago)
    >>>Do you turn off developer mode after you install preware???????????
    ur choice...developer mode only needs to be on when u use webOS quick install...for preware it doesnt matter....for me...i keep developer mode on..ur choice
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

It's clear there is a problem that is affecting some people. This problem was not experienced by the developers or the alpha testers.

The first work-around is select "Update Feeds" again from the application menu. If that doesn't work, try a reboot.

We won't be able to fix it until we get high quality debug information from someone who is experiencing it. This means capturing the output of "dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice" from before starting Preware to after it hangs.

Until we get that high quality debug information, simply stating "it's hanging for me too" will not help in any way, and will just detract from the work on debugging and fixing it. So we will not be responding to any reports that do not have debugging information attached. We're not ignoring them, we're just not wasting time responding to them.

The "Fixing Unknown Packages" step is a new function which reads the appinfo.json and ipkg control files for packages that are installed but are not in any preware feed (e.g. manually installed packages, or packages from the Palm App Catalog). This allows them to be listed in Preware with the correct title, version, etc. and fixes the "This is a WebOS Application" problem. There seems to be a problem reading this additional information on some devices. We need to work out why, cause don't have debug information from a repeatable test case yet.

In parallel with debugging and fixing it, we're also working on a Preference option to enable and disable this new functionality.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We won't be able to fix it until we get high quality debug information from someone who is experiencing it. This means capturing the output of "dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice" from before starting Preware to after it hangs
    so we need to go to the command line and type:

dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

while preware hangs?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ur choice...developer mode only needs to be on when u use webOS quick install...for preware it doesnt matter....for me...i keep developer mode on..ur choice
    alright tanx ill leave mine on 2 cuz i use webos quick installer
    Quote Originally Posted by jacr91 View Post
    alright tanx ill leave mine on 2 cuz i use webos quick installer
    good choice
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok i just got preware and the only theme so far i could download so far is the mac osx theme and i did everything that the site told me to do so im confused someone plz help me????!!!!!!!!!!