Page 170 of 305 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170171172173174175180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 6094
    I remember this happened to me too. I used the Emergency Patch Removal Tool available under "list everything" in preware, reinstalled my patches an voila!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmorrison View Post
    I remember this happened to me too. I used the Emergency Patch Removal Tool available under "list everything" in preware, reinstalled my patches an voila!
    So I installed the Emergency Patch Removal Tool, but how do I run it?

or does it run at installation?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmorrison View Post
    This also worked for me when I was having this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxgurugamer View Post

Thanks
    It runs at installation. Check to see if they are still there. If so I would def run webos repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxgurugamer View Post

Thanks
    after ERP installed....u reboot and ur good....

Update: and of course if ERP doesn't work Repair Utility remember to enable override compatibility.....let it run for like an hr or so and ull be good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

okay. i understand that now. thanks. but how do i do the webos quick install?
    Well I think I may have figured out the issue. If I click at the top of the preference page where it says feeds. It takes you to where all your feeds are posted where you can turn them off/on. Funny thing is I have no feeds and the screen is frozen and won't let me add any as far as I can tell. Anyone got any ideas?
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling through Preload.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    just webos quick install.......and go to feeds......first you need to install package manager service.....then preware.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I don't have this trouble......if you do use webOS quick install

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I installed a theme from preware. It is the Detroit Red Wings theme. I don't like it anymore and want to delete it. I can not open preware anymore. It says updating and then i get the error too many cards open even though there are no cards open except preware. I need to be able to open preware to delete my patches when 1.3.1 comes out as well. Is there something I can do to get preware open? I think it did something to lunaware when it updated my phone. Please help!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Actually I deleted a big app and restarted the phone and then set update preware manually only and it worked.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I just posted a tutorial on my website on installing preware using quick install. check it out!
    How to Add Homebrew Applications | The Mx Web
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    reboot
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would suggest posting any and all questions regarding Preware in the Preware thread in the webOS-internals forum. You're more likely to get a timely and helpful response response there.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I was going to post asking the same question.. usually to get it to work, I do a couple things... mine gets stuck at downloading feeds.... if it gets stuck at the step before that, it is usually just stuck and a simple reboot fixes it... but if it is stuck in Downloading feeds, I go to the feeds and sometime that is completely blank...so, what do I do at that point? Soimetimes Power completely off and on works, sometimes restarting Luna (using Luna Manager) works, sometimes a reset (from Device info) works... so what are the steps that I should be doing instead of a mish mash of crap to get it to work?
    When Preware gets stuck at that point, I've had good luck by going to the Preware menu and selecting Update Feeds. It apparently restarts the update process and works pretty much every time, without having to reboot the Pre or restart Luna.

YMMV
    I went to launch my preware, and it's just stays on the "Checking Package Manager Version", and won't go anywhere from there. I have restarted the phone, and nothing.

Whats boggles me is that I haven't installed anything or tweaked or anything to the phone in a long while....preware was working fine until 2 days ago...the last thing I did was 2 days ago, I logged in to preware, it launched fine, I updated the Checkbook app with a new update and thats all, and Preware worked even after that update to Checkbook.

But for some reason it now just stays stuck on that one screen.

Any thoughts from the developers on this?

Thanks,
    Jon
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    I checked preware today as I do pretty much every day to see whats new. Today i see an update to package manager and change log says PreYourMind.org is shutting down and so the feed is being removed. Is the stuff from that feed being hosted elsewhere? I don't even know for sure what stuff was on the feed since I only look at the category listings and not by feed.
    Preware 0.9.6 is released.

Changelog:

Added the initial startup screen.
    Fixed the display of packages with multiple maintainers.
    Now loads extended appinfo and control file information for Unknown packages.
    Changed default list second-line to version + maintainer.
    No longer allows back-gestures during package operations.
    Multi-line package titles are now supported.
    Show All Packages changed to Show Available Types and now defaults to No.

Just use Preware to upgrade Preware - it will close itself and when you re-launch it you will be running the new version (the one-time splash screen should appear - please read it).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals