Page 17 of 305 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    so wut exactly was this new package manager service do?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    If you look in Preware it tells you even though you can't use Preware to update it. It adds a new feed, mainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Package Manger service 0.8.2 has been release but there are no instruction on how to install. Help
    Read post #298 of this thread, which is only 5 posts previous to yours. You will find your answer.

C'mon people, search a little before posting.
    Package Manger service 0.8.2 has been release but there are no instruction on how to install. Help

1.Can I install it using Preware? Does Preware have to be in DEvMode?
    2. do I use WOSQI to install it? Do I first remove both Preware and Package Manager and then re-install?
    3. Do i use WOQAI to un-install just Package Manager then reinstal the update?
    Click on the HomePage link in the app, and it takes you to the wiki page where all the instructions are.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

1.Can I install it using Preware? Does Preware have to be in DEvMode?
    2. do I use WOSQI to install it? Do I first remove both Preware and Package Manager and then re-install?
    3. Do i use WOQAI to un-install just Package Manager then reinstal the update?
    Installation:
    Run WebOS Quick Install
    Press the third button on the right
    Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    Click the check box next to 'Package Manager Service' from the list.
    Press 'Download' and then 'Close' when the download is complete
    Press 'Install!' on the main window.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    See. I go to the effort of putting a Changelog in the description, and still people don't read it. I post a special message in this thread and in the IRC channel, and it's not seen there either.

Seriously, we should just not bother with documentation at all, since it's all just ignored.

BTW,

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/04/2009 at 07:54 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See. I go to the effort of putting a Changelog in the description, and still people don't read it. I post a special message in this thread and in the IRC channel, and it's not seen there either.

Seriously, we should just not bother with documentation at all, since it's all just ignored.

-- Rod
    sorry i just got home and i get emails and w.e sorry lol
    Some of us (extremely small minority from what it seems) do read it and we thank you.
    damn guys chill out it was my mistake for not reading dont go crazy
    damn guys chill out it was my mistake for not reading dont go crazy
    No-one's going crazy - just giving you a friendly ribbing. ;-)

You gotta admit, you did deserve it ...

-- Rod
    No-one's going crazy - just giving you a friendly ribbing. ;-)

You gotta admit, you did deserve it ...

-- Rod
    yeah yeah yeah next time ill READ!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Some of us (extremely small minority from what it seems) do read it and we thank you.
    I'm working on getting the Changelog automatically generated from the git tags, then as long as the developers put good comments in the git tag commits, you will get a good Changelog automatically.

-- Rod
    Virtual Keyboard's back(erase) button does not work when typing your user name and password on the any of the facebook spots like when typing in your user name and password. does everyone else does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Virtual Keyboard's back(erase) button does not work when typing your user name and password on the any of the facebook spots like when typing in your user name and password. does everyone else does this?
    Please use one of the existing Virtual Keyboard threads to report problems with the Virtual Keyboard. This is a Preware thread.

(and it's a good idea to read those other threads and the wiki page before posting too)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Stuck on eternal Loading again, even without letting the Pre power off.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ok i tried and installed preware via webosquickinstall. installed fine, but when i open the app, it gets stuck on the UPDATING screen. nothing else......any suggestions?
    Last edited by lamboh; 09/04/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    ok i tried and installed preware via webosquickinstall. installed fine, but when i open the app, it gets stuck on the loading screen. nothing else......any suggestions?
    You need to install the package manager service as well.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You need to install the package manager service as well.
    i did......but i just did an erase and reinstalled via webosquickinstall....works fine now...thanks
    sorry, now that I think it over I suppose Palm has good reason to get rid of the limit, with paid apps available now (soon).. I think they will, and the point will be moot.

I know you want to keep it simple but for advanced users who want to update from the pre itself, until you re-enable that feature, I like to go into the terminal app and update with ipkg and then run the post install script.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    sorry, now that I think it over I suppose Palm has good reason to get rid of the limit, with paid apps available now (soon).. I think they will, and the point will be moot.

I know you want to keep it simple but for advanced users who want to update from the pre itself, until you re-enable that feature, I like to go into the terminal app and update with ipkg and then run the post install script.
    Yes, we intend to always have an (unsupported, but continuing to work) way of installing packages via the command line.

-- Rod