Page 169 of 305 FirstFirst ... 69119159164165166167168169170171172173174179219269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Do you have version 0.9.16 of the Package Manager Service installed?

Does your webos-patches feed URL in the Preware Feeds management page have "all" or "1.1.3" at the end of it?

Have you updated your feeds since updating the Package Manager Service?

-- Rod
    Yes, 1.1.3, Yes. Weird, huh.

On the upside, I have over 30 apps installed and never came across the app limit, and regularly run over a dozen cards without ever having gotten the "out of memory" message. That is, I did get it once, while trying to open a SECOND card - obviously some bug, so I rebooted and haven't gotten it since. I also don't get notifications from Tweed although I really should be.

The bottom line being: my Pre does all the things it shouldn't be doing, and doesn't do some of the ones it should. Rebellious! (blah blah gonna jump ship! blah just wait! i'll do it, too! blah blah...)
    Is there a way to get more description in what is actually going on when patches are ran through Preware? For instance, I have tweaked certain files myself but there is no patch available to do exactly what I am wanting to do. It would be nice to know what specific files the patches affect in the description so I don't screw anything up. Obviously this is not a necessity since that information is listed on webos-internals. I just figured it could help out some users and not require them to check on the web to find out what files are changed.

Is this easily accomplished or would something have to be changed with how each patch is listed?

Thanks for the great work and continue to make this phone a top tier device.
    I've had the same issue for the last couple days. Hope it's fixed soon as I'm addicted an going through withdraws!
    Hey I haven't had pre-ware been able to work in days - if not weeks.

I have tried to re-install etc. I am running the latest version. It just sits there trying to load - but nothing happens. How do I fix this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post

I have tried to re-install etc. I am running the latest version. It just sits there trying to load - but nothing happens. How do I fix this ?
    it works perfectly for me maybe u should put ur problem here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i have 0.9.5

any ideas how to get it to work ?
    i get the "error downloading package feed" thing

is that b/c im at work ?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

i have 0.9.5

I was going to post asking the same question.. usually to get it to work, I do a couple things... mine gets stuck at downloading feeds.... if it gets stuck at the step before that, it is usually just stuck and a simple reboot fixes it... but if it is stuck in Downloading feeds, I go to the feeds and sometime that is completely blank...so, what do I do at that point? Soimetimes Power completely off and on works, sometimes restarting Luna (using Luna Manager) works, sometimes a reset (from Device info) works... so what are the steps that I should be doing instead of a mish mash of crap to get it to work?

i have 0.9.5

just exit preware and open it again...always works for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have found that not loading themes help. I also found that after loading preware and withing 30 seconds..if the feeds are not coming in I discard and restart preware and that usually works.
    HEY sorry that im not on subject here but... I tried to activate the "Fwd:Message" for my pre but this STUPID! error thing pops up and at the end it says something about having to "root" Fwd:Messaging... and i put Preware in my phone and it says "Patches" but its dimmedand doesnt let me acces them!!! can any! help PORFAVOR!!!
    Hi,

My Pre just decided to install the 1.21 release, before I removed all the patches I had installed. Now I can't either remove the patches or reinstall them.

I'm getting errors in the IPKG logs which refer to unreversed patches, and then says that 3 out of 3 hunks ignored.

Is this salvagable, or do I need to totally wipe the Pre and start over?

If I need to wipe and start over, please point me to some instructions on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

JBB
    Go try WebOS repair utility. It fixed things for me. If that does not work then a trip to WebOS doctor will fix it.

Good luck,

Bliip
    You can also try the ERP utility. You can access it through the WebOS Quick Install.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    is it only my version of Preware that shows only 20 patches? It used to be about 110 two days ago. I donīt know what could have gone wrong. I didnīt change anything.
    please someone, help me. only 20 patches suck!
    i show 88, and i've got a dozen or so already installed.
    I downloaded the latest version of the repair utility and WebOS Doctor. I have confirmed that the Pre IS in developer mode.

Every time I run the repair utility, it gives me an Error 3 - Connection refused, then an Error 5 - Connection refused. It gives both these errors for each file it tries to replace.

JBB
    I have a palm pre, and i want to get the on screen keyboard. from what i understand i have to have preware on my phone first to get it. how do i download preware???
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

It is customary to do a search before asking questions or making new threads. Welcome to the forums.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts